The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

The Last of Us 2

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Re: The Last of Us 2

Post by daemon1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:05 pm

kotn3l wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 pm
So if I use the /r switch, the bones are reparented as they should be, but they will all be moved to the root location.

What I did is: extract the skeleton and model with the /r switch. Copy the skeleton.smd into let's say a corresponding body model. (The nodes) Now if you open the smd file in blender and try rotating the pelvis, or any other bone, it is wrong. See pics in above post again.
When I do the same, everything is correct, and all bones are in correct places.
I did that with many different characters, and they ALL work fine.

kotn3l
advanced

Post by kotn3l » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:27 pm

daemon1 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:05 pm
kotn3l wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:56 pm
So if I use the /r switch, the bones are reparented as they should be, but they will all be moved to the root location.

What I did is: extract the skeleton and model with the /r switch. Copy the skeleton.smd into let's say a corresponding body model. (The nodes) Now if you open the smd file in blender and try rotating the pelvis, or any other bone, it is wrong. See pics in above post again.
When I do the same, everything is correct, and all bones are in correct places.
I did that with many different characters, and they ALL work fine.
Interesting, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

If I don't use the /r switch and manually reparent, bones work fine: https://imgur.com/4miKAvC
/r switch: https://imgur.com/SSocKTw

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:42 pm

they look like different models. Maybe you use wrong skeleton.

kotn3l
advanced

Post by kotn3l » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:44 pm

daemon1 wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:42 pm
they look like different models. Maybe you use wrong skeleton.
Yes its a different model. I'm using the right skeleton though. (marlene-body.pak, marlene-skel.pak, please check it if you can, maybe that one model is wrong?) (in abby-flashback-dad)

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:38 pm

kotn3l wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:44 pm
marlene-body.pak, marlene-skel.pak
yes, this model works fine. All bones are correct

Ace94
ultra-n00b

Post by Ace94 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:51 pm

I find it kind of funny how some people keep the models private. You don't own the game, you don't own the character or the IP and you certainly do not own the model. So why keep it private? You want a big di** recognition that you can reverse engineer a game and put together bones in Blender is that it? :)

I think people would appreciate you a lot more if you actually shared. Just my 2 cents.

(This is not for this thread in particular but in general)

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mono24 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:29 pm

Ace94 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:51 pm
...I think people would appreciate you a lot more if you actually shared. Just my 2 cents....
Not sure what are you talking about but you are wrong in every aspect of your message, most of us in here that where interested in any of the games being reversed in this forum got the files in question regardless of the reverser in any of the threads, reversers get the files from users 99% of the time, it has NEVER been reversers job to distribute any of the files, who ever has them has the choice of sharing or not, its their call, due to mostly DMCA notices its shared among trusted people/friends/groups etc, its how it has always been since the beginning.
And after all, not all of us are interested in every single game has ever been reversed, i get PMed at times for weird requests and i do NOT even have the files they ask for, but i sure do give thumbs up on a lot of threads due to the hard work and dedication involved as this is no easy task, my 2 cents.

At the end of the day, NO ONE owes anyone anything at all, be it reversing/sharing/hacking, all of this is done voluntarily, pure fun, hobby, etc.

Ace94
ultra-n00b

Post by Ace94 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:12 am

mono24 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:29 pm
Ace94 wrote:
...I think people would appreciate you a lot more if you actually shared. Just my 2 cents....
Not sure what are you talking about but you are wrong in every aspect of your message, most of us in here that where interested in any of the games being reversed in this forum got the files in question regardless of the reverser in any of the threads, reversers get the files from users 99% of the time, it has NEVER been reversers job to distribute any of the files, who ever has them has the choice of sharing or not, its their call, due to mostly DMCA notices its shared among trusted people/friends/groups etc, its how it has always been since the beginning.
And after all, not all of us are interested in every single game has ever been reversed, i get PMed at times for weird requests and i do NOT even have the files they ask for, but i sure do give thumbs up on a lot of threads due to the hard work and dedication involved as this is no easy task, my 2 cents.

At the end of the day, NO ONE owes anyone anything at all, be it reversing/sharing/hacking, all of this is done voluntarily, pure fun, hobby, etc.
DMCA notices on sharing models online? No, I don't think so. Unless the person was making profit out of that model, they wouldn't get a DMCA notice over it. [roll]
You think I don't know that? But most of these reversing/sharing/hacking are just: "Hehehe, look at what I have and what you don't have. Hehehe. Beg for it, loser."

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:34 am

Ace94 wrote:
I think people would appreciate you a lot more if you actually shared.
Don't expect people to trust someone who just registered and has no messages at all.

ultrasahand
ultra-n00b

Post by ultrasahand » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:33 pm

I know it's a long shot but is there anyway I can get my hands on animation files? I just need them for study, if you got them please help.

Jan666
ultra-n00b

Post by Jan666 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:46 pm

How i cant get the Map Models, like from the first Part?

Itsbunnybetch
ultra-n00b

Post by Itsbunnybetch » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:48 pm

Hey how can i extract buildings and other assets?? want to learn how they are made thanks

Bladers
advanced

Post by Bladers » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:30 am

kotn3l wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:19 pm
Phoksees wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:23 am
I second this, I see a folder with SMD animation but unfortunately due to my unfamiliarity with SMD's.
I haven't been able to use the animations. I can't view them in the timeline, I don't know how to see them in motion.
Any help would be great thanks.
I got them working in Unreal Engine, it supports retargeting:
1, fixing the main skeleton mesh you want to use it for. For example I extract Ellie in parts with full skeleton: I have to assemble every part and then reparent some bones. (A lot, depends on the outfit) > import the sekeltal mesh into UE. (The retargeting happens by bone name so make sure you don't mess them up)
2, Extract the animation you want to FBX with Noesis
3, Import the animation into UE, paying attention to the skeleton setting when you import: you need to select the the skeleton of the mesh you imported earlier, this is an important step: this is when the retargeting happens.
4, Done! If you successfully reparented and fixed the main skeleton, it should work. (All the helper bones need to be parented to their own non-helper ones: spine_a, then spine_a_helper.)
https://i.imgur.com/zp6ZjPm.png

Daemon, wouldn't it be possible to extract bones as they should be? I mean without reparenting every time? What's causing this issue?

Also, has anyone extracted bnk files from tlou2? I could easily extract the xvag ones to wav, but not bnk.
Were you able to get the animations working on Unreal Engine's character rigs? For example could you retarget it to the meta human character?

Bladers
advanced

Post by Bladers » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:06 pm

Its been a long time, I would hope the files were more accessible. would love to get a hold of the animations, sounds and alot of the environment models. Still working on my Detroit become human project. I think I helped some of people in the Detroit forum. Would like the favor returned.