Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Evil Within 1/2 animations

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Evil Within 1/2 animations

Post by daemon1 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:47 pm

Tools for Evil Within 1/2 animations

This version only supports id-tech animations, which were made for cutscenes. Ingame anims are morpheme, may be added later.

Usage:
EvilWithin_1.exe <model> <anim>
EvilWithin_2.exe <model> <anim>

You need original .bmd6model and .bmd6anim files for this. You can extract whole game with official Luigi's BMS scripts or use modified versions included (i only added a few lines in the end so it will only extract certain files).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Akeinu
ultra-n00b

Re: Evil Within 1/2 animations

Post by Akeinu » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:26 pm

This sounds really awesome, i will try it out if i can make it work. Thanks for the interest in the Game! The Evil within is really awesome, would be great to have some day Kidman, Shades and Lauras animations! they are so amazing! there is so much to learn and analyze there!!!
Cutscene animations are already an amazing start. If someday normal animations can be exportet too, a dream would come true!

Thanks for anyone working on these tools!!!

Akeinu
ultra-n00b

Re: Evil Within 1/2 animations

Post by Akeinu » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 pm

So i made it! the program works great. The animations are so amazing to look at!
The only weird thing is that the animations are all loaded with false orientation. The mesh gets loaded in a 90 degree angle looking to the right and each bone is are also orientated pointing to the right from the mesh, instead of upwards. This makes the animations not compatible for character models importet with the "Wraith tool Laura by DTZxPorter" wich imports all bones and meshes with the correct orientation. But this isnt a big problem, it works nonetheless.

Thanks again, this is an awesome and very handy tool!