- If you have some questions about assets' extraction, ask them on Yretenai's thread here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=21679
- If you used the python script before and want to use the new C++ plugin, make sure to delete the former
- If Noesis crashes when using that plugin, DO NOT SEND the crash report, even though you're asked to. This is not a Noesis problem, it's a plugin issue so it'll be a false positive report, instead make a post on that thread or on the github repo
- Loads g1m model files
- Merges split g1m model files automatically, removing duplicate bones and preserving everything. All physics bones/meshes are merged seamlessly.
- Loads g1t texture files, either independently or applied to a model
- Supports the recent G2A animation format and the old G1A format. For both of them, only skeletal animations are supported for now. Additive animations (provided it's relative to the rest pose) are supported.
- Big Endian and Little Endian support
- Physics bones for hair strands and accessories correctly extracted and rigged to the main armature
- NUNO type 1, NUNO type 3, NUNV type 1, NUNS type 1 physics meshes supported. The physics nodes and their associated "driver" meshes are respectively exported as bones and blank meshes, correctly rigged to the base armature.
- Merge all assets in the same folder : Self explanatory. That option will take every g1m, g1t, g1a, g2a, oid file in the folder and merge them accordingly.
- Only models when merging : If the above option is set to true, only the g1m files will be merged together.
- Select G1T when non/partial merge : When loading model files only, ask for a g1t file per "true" model. This is useful if the game has the texture file in a separate folder and you don't want to copy it to the model folder everytime for all the models.
- Additive animations : The animations will be loaded as additive anims. As of now only additive anims on top of the base pose are supported. Only use this if the animation doesn't look right (DOA6 facial anims for example).
- Process vertex colors : Self explanatory
- Display physics drivers : Self explanatory, only relevant when the model has some "NUN" sections
- Disable NUN nodes : NUN bones and drivers won't be in the final model at all, not just hidden
- The "classic" split g1m files, where the skeleton is in its own g1m file and the geometry in one or several other g1ms. There's a single g1t file for all of these. To get that model correctly with all the parts, just set the merge option to true, and open whatever g1m
- The "complete" g1m files. For example in DOA6 and FETH head and body are in separate g1m files but each one of them has the skeleton, geometry and an associated g1t file. Merging those is supported too : place all the g1m and their g1t files in a single folder and use the merge options.
Native Noesis C++ plugin : https://github.com/Joschuka/Project-G1M/releases/latest
Old python script (deprecated, only use if the new plugin doesn't work) : https://github.com/Joschuka/fmt_g1m
Additionnal credits (for the last version):
-Rich Whitehouse, for making such a great tool in the first place and for all the help he gave me when writing the plugin. The latter wouldn't be nearly as complete without all the handy functions and interfaces available in Noesis.
-Chrrox for all the general Noesis help.
-Eternity/Vagonumero13 for some new format findings during the last months.
-Kerilk, Yretenai, PredatorCZ and Rich for the Noesis C++ plugin samples.
-Raytwo for finding the flag to discriminate between split and non split models.
-DeathChaos25, Moonling, mono24, Allanoon and einherjar007 for testing and reporting bugs.
Credits (first version):
-My partner Yretenai who helped me by providing me samples, figuring out the formats with me, developping custom tools and writing binary templates.
-Semory/Howfie who did a phenomenal job figuring out most of the g1m/g1t formats, the gas machine source code was my main reference when working on the plugin.
-Chrrox and Rich Whitehouse for their help during the development and their Noesis scripts that I used as reference.
-Acewell for his Noesis scripts for various texture formats that I used as reference.
-VitaSmith for the gust-tools which helped us for g1t
-Ploaj for his work on cloth type 1, which helped me to better understand the computation needed for this cloth type
-Daemon's NT Tool, which output was used as reference for some models.
-Eternity, who we teamed up with to figure out the animation formats.
-PredatorCZ for his help on the animation binary template when we hit a dead end.
-Delguoqing for his research on g1a
-S-ilent, who provided me some BE samples and pushed me to add BE support.
-DeathChaos who provided me samples, tested the plugin and proposed some features.
-Demonslayerx8 for a lot of testing and samples sharing.