Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Help with similiar 3d models

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
greenlemonade1
advanced

Help with similiar 3d models

Post by greenlemonade1 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Here are two samples of fifa head models. One is from fifa 16, the other from fifa online 4. I've noticed that the models, are similiar. So I tried to import fifa online 4 head model into game, but the head is a bit strange. So I tried to export the model using HxD edtor, but I know where to start.
Please help:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/h7w2sfqc ... s.rar/file

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Help with similiar 3d models

Post by Bigchillghost » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:50 am

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:49 pm
but I know where to start.
A writing mistake? (:

Extraction with AMR:
(head_330_0.rx3)
head_330_0.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:15 am

head_41_0.rx3
head_41_0.png

So the eyebrows and the head are stored in an opposite order in the two files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:35 am

Bigchillghost wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:50 am
greenlemonade1 wrote:
A writing mistake? (:

Extraction with AMR:
(head_330_0.rx3)
head_330_0.png
Yes, it was a mistake. So I copy the offset from 0x830 to ox9524 from head_41, and where is the beginn in head_330? No need to convert endians?

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:18 pm

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:35 am
So I copy the offset from 0x830 to ox9524 from head_41, and where is the beginn in head_330? No need to convert endians?
They're all in little-endian but I doubt it'll work by directly replacing the geo data. But you can try of course.
At offset 0x360 in both files, you'll see they share the following structure:
block.png
The first 4-byte integer indicates the size of this chunk. Find the block in the other file of the same size and do your replacements repeatedly untill the size of the block equals to 4. Basically every two blocks are swapped in different files, like in head_330 you have

Code: Select all

block1
block2
block3
block4
and in head_41 you'll have

block2
block1
block4
block3

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:14 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:18 pm
greenlemonade1 wrote:
So I copy the offset from 0x830 to ox9524 from head_41, and where is the beginn in head_330? No need to convert endians?
They're all in little-endian but I doubt it'll work by directly replacing the geo data. But you can try of course.
At offset 0x360 in both files, you'll see they share the following structure:
block.png
The first 4-byte integer indicates the size of this chunk. Find the block in the other file of the same size and do your replacements repeatedly untill the size of the block equals to 4. Basically every two blocks are swapped in different files, like in head_330 you have

block1
block2
block3
block4
and in head_41 you'll have

block2
block1
block4
block3
I tried to copy geo data, but no results. I don't understand the part the do replacements until the size of block equals to 4. I appreciate your help, so much.

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:28 pm

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Bigchillghost wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:50 am
greenlemonade1 wrote:
A writing mistake? (:

Extraction with AMR:
(head_330_0.rx3)
head_330_0.png
Yes, it was a mistake. So I copy the offset from 0x830 to ox9524 from head_41, and where is the beginn in head_330? No need to convert endians?
I tried to replace, but I didn't have a success. I convert head using blender for fifa15, but I noticed when I convert models using cm16, some edges are missplaced, or mouth vertices. I copied geo data from fifa15 to converted head but, but then bugs came. What can you tell me, about this 2 models, is there a easier way to fix converted head (fifa16) or copy blocks from fifa15 to fifa16 in this files. Cheers
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b2rbwp11 ... y.rar/file

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:09 am

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:28 pm
I convert head using blender for fifa15,
but I noticed when I convert models using cm16, some edges are missplaced, or mouth vertices. I copied geo data from fifa15 to converted head but, but then bugs came.
Not sure I understood what you said here. You mean you exported the edited model from blender to a certain 3d format and then used cm16(not that I know what it is) to convert this exported format to rx3?
greenlemonade1 wrote:
What can you tell me, about this 2 models, is there a easier way to fix converted head (fifa16) or copy blocks from fifa15 to fifa16 in this files.
As far as I can see, they're using the same format, except that the chunks are placed in a different order. Take your previous samples for example:
cmp.png
The 4-byte integer after the the chunk offset represents the chunk size. As you can see, every two size fields in a rectangle is swapped in the other file, causing the differences on the offset fields when the two sizes are not equal. And forget the part about replacing the chunk repeatedly untill the first 4-byte integer equals to 4(when you're at the chunk marked by the black rectangle in the screenshot), since there're more chunks comming after, which're also swapped. I don't know why you'd ever need to replace the file with data from another file, since they're using the same format. And if it's because the size of the file needs to be constant, this whole replacing thing can work either coz there're data that do not map with size of the corresponding block in the other file.

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:09 am
greenlemonade1 wrote:
I convert head using blender for fifa15,
but I noticed when I convert models using cm16, some edges are missplaced, or mouth vertices. I copied geo data from fifa15 to converted head but, but then bugs came.
Not sure I understood what you said here. You mean you exported the edited model from blender to a certain 3d format and then used cm16(not that I know what it is) to convert this exported format to rx3?
greenlemonade1 wrote:
What can you tell me, about this 2 models, is there a easier way to fix converted head (fifa16) or copy blocks from fifa15 to fifa16 in this files.
As far as I can see, they're using the same format, except that the chunks are placed in a different order. Take your previous samples for example:
cmp.png
The 4-byte integer after the the chunk offset represents the chunk size. As you can see, every two size fields in a rectangle is swapped in the other file, causing the differences on the offset fields when the two sizes are not equal. And forget the part about replacing the chunk repeatedly untill the first 4-byte integer equals to 4(when you're at the chunk marked by the black rectangle in the screenshot), since there're more chunks comming after, which're also swapped. I don't know why you'd ever need to replace the file with data from another file, since they're using the same format. And if it's because the size of the file needs to be constant, this whole replacing thing can work either coz there're data that do not map with size of the corresponding block in the other file.
My goal is just to fix these vertices, expecially on the back head, and mouth. While after the conversion with cm16, a tool that automatically convert fifa15 model, but some vertices are missplaced afterwards. I converted perfectly fifa14 head with blender, but on the other hand, the fifa15 converted model can't be open with blender, with fifa15 python scripts.
2 meshes.PNG

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:31 am

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:46 pm
My goal is just to fix these vertices, expecially on the back head, and mouth. While after the conversion with cm16, a tool that automatically convert fifa15 model, but some vertices are missplaced afterwards. I converted perfectly fifa14 head with blender, but on the other hand, the fifa15 converted model can't be open with blender, with fifa15 python scripts.
You seem to add more details, yet it still didn't answer my qusetions, but makes things more confusing.

In the first place you were trying to convert an FIFA Online 4 head to FIFA16, while now you intend to port an FIFA15 head to FIFA16, am I correct?
Now about this "cm16" tool, when said "automatically convert fifa15 model", you meant convert to FIFA16 rx3 file? That's how you got the file "head_246_0.rx3" in folder "fifa converted head", isn't it?

When you said "convert head using blender", given the fact that you just memtioned about these "fifa15 python scripts"(not one script?), I assume they're import scripts compatible at least for FIFA14, FIFA15 and FIFA16 rx3 files, right?

And when you tried to import this "fifa15 converted model", which is now in an FIFA16 "format", you said it "can't be open with blender", but I've checked that file, which has exactly the same structure and chunk order as "head_330_0.rx3", your previous "fifa 16 face" sample. And this, is against to the assumption that the "fifa15 python scripts" are compatible for FIFA16 rx3 files, hence against to your attempt to import the file back with those scripts, if you're aware of the fact. Then how did you get the "2 meshes" into blender and "noticed some edges are missplaced"?

So why don't you make things easier so people don't have to guess what's happening? And please stop quoting the entire post, it's really messy and confusing for what you're trying to comment on.

Anyway regard to your problem that "some edges are missplaced, or mouth vertices", I exported both head_15_1.rx3 and head_246_0.rx3 with AMR and imported them into 3Ds Max, the vertices of one mesh are identical to the ones of the other. Only difference is that the same vertex has a different vertex index in each file, which probably explains why some edges are different to the original, since the whole mesh seems to be reconstructed. Another thing to point out, the file head_15_1.rx3 is not exactly like the other files. It doesn't have as many chunks as them, and some of the data chunks don't come with a 4-byte chunk size field.

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:33 am

Bigchillghost wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:31 am
greenlemonade1 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:46 pm
You seem to add more details, yet it still didn't answer my qusetions, but makes things more confusing.

In the first place you were trying to convert an FIFA Online 4 head to FIFA16, while now you intend to port an FIFA15 head to FIFA16, am I correct?
Now about this "cm16" tool, when said "automatically convert fifa15 model", you meant convert to FIFA16 rx3 file? That's how you got the file "head_246_0.rx3" in folder "fifa converted head", isn't it?

When you said "convert head using blender", given the fact that you just memtioned about these "fifa15 python scripts"(not one script?), I assume they're import scripts compatible at least for FIFA14, FIFA15 and FIFA16 rx3 files, right?

And when you tried to import this "fifa15 converted model", which is now in an FIFA16 "format", you said it "can't be open with blender", but I've checked that file, which has exactly the same structure and chunk order as "head_330_0.rx3", your previous "fifa 16 face" sample. And this, is against to the assumption that the "fifa15 python scripts" are compatible for FIFA16 rx3 files, hence against to your attempt to import the file back with those scripts, if you're aware of the fact. Then how did you get the "2 meshes" into blender and "noticed some edges are missplaced"?

So why don't you make things easier so people don't have to guess what's happening? And please stop quoting the entire post, it's really messy and confusing for what you're trying to comment on.

Anyway regard to your problem that "some edges are missplaced, or mouth vertices", I exported both head_15_1.rx3 and head_246_0.rx3 with AMR and imported them into 3Ds Max, the vertices of one mesh are identical to the ones of the other. Only difference is that the same vertex has a different vertex index in each file, which probably explains why some edges are different to the original, since the whole mesh seems to be reconstructed. Another thing to point out, the file head_15_1.rx3 is not exactly like the other files. It doesn't have as many chunks as them, and some of the data chunks don't come with a 4-byte chunk size field.
I'm sorry for quoting so many posts. You are completely right, for all things that you said, I'm fascinated. Well, I saw 2 meshes, before I exported fifa15 converted head, after the export you can't see import this face into blender. So is there a way to fix these vertex index or is hard.
Yes fifa15 has less chunks, I think 14, fifa16 19 chunks (blocks).

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:59 am

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:33 am
You are completely right, for all things that you said
At least now we got some direct answers to certain questions. So those blender python scripts support FIFA14, FIFA15 but FIFA16, yet you thought they do?
greenlemonade1 wrote:
Well, I saw 2 meshes, before I exported fifa15 converted head, after the export you can't see import this face into blender.
Then what's the other mesh other than fifa15 imported head?
greenlemonade1 wrote:
So is there a way to fix these vertex index or is hard.
Well, not that I totally understand the steps you took, but the main conclution: you're intending to convert a head mesh from FIFA Online 4, or from FIFA15, to FIFA16, and you can't use the rx3 file from either game directly. Normally I'd say it's impossible to map the vertex index to the target game version since you expect the vertex positions to be different. Luckily when I checked the UVs of head_41_0.rx3, head_15_1.rx3, head_330_0.rx3 and head_246_0.rx3, it turned out they all have the same UVs and of zero error compare with each other. So it's possible to map the source vertices with the target version by finding the vertex refering to the same UV.

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:24 am

Bigchillghost wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:59 am
At least now we got some direct answers to certain questions. So those blender python scripts support FIFA14, FIFA15 but FIFA16, yet you thought they do?

Yes, they are supporting fifa14 and fifa15, but fifa16 can be seen in blender and also the models can be modify. http://3dgamedevblog.com/?sdm_downloads ... -ie-v0-66b

Then what's the other mesh other than fifa15 imported head?
the other mesh is fifa20 nintendo version, compatible with fifa14 but not completely for fifa15 or fifa16.
Well, not that I totally understand the steps you took, but the main conclution: you're intending to convert a head mesh from FIFA Online 4, or from FIFA15, to FIFA16, and you can't use the rx3 file from either game directly. Normally I'd say it's impossible to map the vertex index to the target game version since you expect the vertex positions to be different. Luckily when I checked the UVs of head_41_0.rx3, head_15_1.rx3, head_330_0.rx3 and head_246_0.rx3, it turned out they all have the same UVs and of zero error compare with each other. So it's possible to map the source vertices with the target version by finding the vertex refering to the same UV.
[/quote]
Yes I realized that from fifa online 4 is hard to convert, while blocks are mashed up, head and eyes, as you said. So I continued trying to convert perfect model from fifa15 to fifa16.
I don't know how to do last step, that you said, mate :(
I realized that mouth offset starts in fifa16 at: 0xff50 and finishes at 0x369b0

Bigchillghost
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:24 pm

greenlemonade1 wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:24 am
Yes I realized that from fifa online 4 is hard to convert, while blocks are mashed up, head and eyes, as you said.
I don't know how to do last step, that you said
Replacing both vertex and face index chunks directly is not practically since it might influence other data chunks and causing fatal issues. But if you simply change the position coordinates of the vertices without modifying their indices in the array, it'd be very likely to work. To do so you'll need a head mesh from the target game, and the head mesh you want to replace it with. Then extract the vertices arrays for each submeshes(eyelashes, head) from both files, create new arrays that record both the original vertex indices and the vertex data, and sort these arrays by the UV values, in which way you'll get the mapping info from the source vertices to those of the target version. The rest thing is to resort the source array by their new vertex indices and replace the corresponding chunk of the target file with the resulted data.

greenlemonade1
advanced

Post by greenlemonade1 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:24 pm
Replacing both vertex and face index chunks directly is not practically since it might influence other data chunks and causing fatal issues. But if you simply change the position coordinates of the vertices without modifying their indices in the array, it'd be very likely to work. To do so you'll need a head mesh from the target game, and the head mesh you want to replace it with. Then extract the vertices arrays for each submeshes(eyelashes, head) from both files, create new arrays that record both the original vertex indices and the vertex data, and sort these arrays by the UV values, in which way you'll get the mapping info from the source vertices to those of the target version. The rest thing is to resort the source array by their new vertex indices and replace the corresponding chunk of the target file with the resulted data.
[/quote]
i've tried for days and days and no success, i tried morhping, but also no success. Maybe if you want to make script, which allow us to open fifa15 converted head, or something similiar, it will be awesome. I can provide fifa15 scripts for blender, that can be helpful. What do you think, master?