Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Atelier Ryza (.g1m 3d model files)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
nekoknight
ultra-n00b

Atelier Ryza (.g1m 3d model files)

Post by nekoknight » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:26 am

The .g1t textures can be converted with Noesis. The elixir.gz archives can be decompressed with QuickBMS (futuremark.bms) revealing the .g1m model files.

I tried the tools below and unfortunately none of them were able to handle this file.

- FF dissidia NT tools
- DoaTool
- gm1tools
- Steven's Gas Machine

I does look like SGM is able to get the armature by using (Dragon quest heroes Slime edition). But the Mesh output is empty. Here are some sample files from what I believe to be the main character. http://www.mediafire.com/file/7h7xhu8ep ... A.zip/file

Please help... I need those thighs in my life. :(
Last edited by nekoknight on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisomn
n00b

Re: Atelier Ryza (.g1m 3d model files)

Post by lisomn » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:53 pm

Because there are some strange 0×00 data interference in the data.
Delete the extra ones
can rip them.

nekoknight
ultra-n00b

Post by nekoknight » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:25 pm

Wow great work Lisomn.

I am still having trouble on my side. I tried removing anything that stood out by using an g1m from a previous game as a reference. but unfortunately that did not work out. Can you please show me the strange 0×00 that you are referring to?

Also, did you use Steven's Gas Machine to rip the model afterwards? If so, what game did you pick from the drop down?

lisomn
n00b

Post by lisomn » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:25 pm

There is additional 0x00 data in the 07000100 block of the G1MG block.
07000100 block storage area index

Prompt when I use the ffsnt tool
OutOfMemoryException is abnormal.

Lol

nekoknight
ultra-n00b

Post by nekoknight » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:11 pm

That does not make much sense to me unfortunately. Looks like I have some reading to do.

Hopefully someone will be able to use that information to make a tool for these files.

lisomn
n00b

Post by lisomn » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Not just relying on tools
You need to know these files
Otherwise you will always wait for someone else to provide you with tools

Maybe my tool will be finished soon.XD

kurokairaku
beginner

Post by kurokairaku » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:17 pm

lisomn wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:13 pm

Any chance I could convince you to grace us with a small little hint for the heathens who struggle to understand this stuff? Like maybe the offset to exactly where this 0x00 data we need to delete, and wether its only 1 or multiple. It would be nice for you to grace us mortals with a rock, to potentially climb to the same level as thine godhood and potentially gain understanding as a collective and end the confusions once and for all.

In layman's term, since no tool does exist I need to figure this out myself but I am rather inexperienced but maybe a thrown bone might help me get on the right track?

kurokairaku
beginner

Post by kurokairaku » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:49 pm

lisomn wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:13 pm

I managed to modify an existing tool that was able to read g1ms. I mostly had to hotload skeleton part from the other g1m as a bit of a hack but the mesh itself is pretty spaghetti like. While the program appears to load in weights, and normals proper, the verts get a little stretchy and UV's seems to be messed up as well.

I ask again if you could throw a bone regarding what was supposed to "additional" data. Perhaps the exact offset of the above model and such might help. I mean it would be nice.

alictzelt
n00b

Post by alictzelt » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:20 am

I managed to modify an existing tool that was able to read g1ms. I mostly had to hotload skeleton part from the other g1m as a bit of a hack but the mesh itself is pretty spaghetti like. While the program appears to load in weights, and normals proper, the verts get a little stretchy and UV's seems to be messed up as well.

I ask again if you could throw a bone regarding what was supposed to "additional" data. Perhaps the exact offset of the above model and such might help. I mean it would be nice.
what existing tool you use?
I try use Steven's Gas Machine, and got obj and smc file. SMC file is useless, but obj file work, also UV's seems good, Only mesh of side front hair has little damaged.

kurokairaku
beginner

Post by kurokairaku » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:36 pm

alictzelt wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:20 am

what existing tool you use?
I try use Steven's Gas Machine, and got obj and smc file. SMC file is useless, but obj file work, also UV's seems good, Only mesh of side front hair has little damaged.
I modified a private build of Ploaj's Tool which I used for FE3H. lately I've been helping make improvements but with ploaj being so busy (and my self being otherwise inexperienced) I havn't been able to get ploaj to update his tool in a while. Every fix of mine either barely works or I am a bit inexperienced to know exacrly whats going on.

which is why I was hoping to get lisomn to throw me a bone on what exactly was the extra data within the G1MG data storage. was the 07000100 the litteral hex that was before it since there is such a hex before the IndexBuffer area, if so what was the 0x00 data. As it stands as his tool builds the UV's it seems that something gets skipped or otherwise put in the wrong place since I noticed invalid numbers being inserted into the UV array.

alictzelt
n00b

Post by alictzelt » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:01 pm

which is why I was hoping to get lisomn to throw me a bone on what exactly was the extra data within the G1MG data storage. was the 07000100 the litteral hex that was before it since there is such a hex before the IndexBuffer area, if so what was the 0x00 data.
At first, I was curious about this.
I use nekoknight's provided file. So there are 2 files .g1m (PC00A_MODEL.g1m and PC00A_MODEL_default.g1m). First I try to rip it using SGM, only one file (PC00A_MODEL.g1m) work. It only show the bones. As lisomn said "Because there are some strange 0×00 data interference in the data. Delete the extra ones can rip them." I open both file using tiny hexer to find out what is different from that file. On the first row of 0×00, I found the difference.
the header file written "_M1G7300D" I delete the extra ones to be "_M1G7300" then i can rip it using SGM

kurokairaku
beginner

Post by kurokairaku » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:27 am

alictzelt wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:01 pm
which is why I was hoping to get lisomn to throw me a bone on what exactly was the extra data within the G1MG data storage. was the 07000100 the litteral hex that was before it since there is such a hex before the IndexBuffer area, if so what was the 0x00 data.
I use nekoknight's provided file. So there are 2 files .g1m (PC00A_MODEL.g1m and PC00A_MODEL_default.g1m). First I try to rip it using SGM, only one file (PC00A_MODEL.g1m) work. It only show the bones. As lisomn said "Because there are some strange 0×00 data interference in the data. Delete the extra ones can rip them." I open both file using tiny hexer to find out what is different from that file. On the first row of 0×00, I found the difference.
the header file written "_M1G7300D" I delete the extra ones to be "_M1G7300" then i can rip it using SGM
I was actually mislead by the "strange 0x00" things. I don't think your idea of it was what he meant. But the tool I used apperently actually properly gathered all data. My problem was how it was then being read into a generic mesh and skeleton which is what the tool actually exports. I am struggling with different things now but I guess I no longer need Lisomn's help. However he still figured it out far faster than me so I am nowhere near his level.

progress so far:
Image.

Need to hook in my skeleton portions, properly load rigging and then I'm golden. I hope I can manage >.<. I ended up getting this far with no ones help since no one helped just yet. So to be honest, I scarely believe this would work for anything other than the PC00A model. I need to find an actual dump to try it on others.

alictzelt
n00b

Post by alictzelt » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:41 am

My problem was how it was then being read into a generic mesh and skeleton which is what the tool actually exports.
I think we have same problem.

I dont have experience modified ripping tool. So I just trying provided tool, but not luck to get what I want

wansf
beginner

Post by wansf » Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:23 pm

bump up since this hentai game is on steam now :D

lisomn
n00b

Post by lisomn » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:49 pm

kurokairaku wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:27 am
alictzelt wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:01 pm
I was actually mislead by the "strange 0x00" things. I don't think your idea of it was what he meant. But the tool I used apperently actually properly gathered all data. My problem was how it was then being read into a generic mesh and skeleton which is what the tool actually exports. I am struggling with different things now but I guess I no longer need Lisomn's help. However he still figured it out far faster than me so I am nowhere near his level.

progress so far:
Image.

Need to hook in my skeleton portions, properly load rigging and then I'm golden. I hope I can manage >.<. I ended up getting this far with no ones help since no one helped just yet. So to be honest, I scarely believe this would work for anything other than the PC00A model. I need to find an actual dump to try it on others.
hi kurokairaku
I read the source code of gms
Almost fully understand all the data blocks in g1m
But indexing the wrong bone when indexing the bone weight
QoQ