Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2124
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1656 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by daemon1 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:55 am

ophy111 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:18 am
sorry, I'm asking how does it extract along with the umap? where does the location of the necessary files need to be? for example, I move the exe in the Material folder with the material.db and and drag the .umap to export in there, but it still says it can't find anything.
Location of files doesn't matter. Material folder also not needed.
The only file needed during .umap extraction is material.db.
Whats the size of your material.db?

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2124
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1656 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by daemon1 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:07 pm

Tool updated:

- instanced meshes were crashing on some maps
- some meshes were placed incorrectly

ophy111
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:39 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by ophy111 » Mon May 11, 2020 12:08 am

daemon1 wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 6:55 am
Whats the size of your material.db?
130kb from doing only bt/uasset/materials. there were no errors in cmd as far as I could tell.. all the extracted materials were put in BaseMaterials and BaseMaterialInstance folders.

so for clarity, all the textures are in bt\uasset\material and material.db after running the exe. Folders staticmesh and staticmesh.raw are in bt\umap\bt_01, after extracting them from meshes and then moving them into the umap folder. I got the files from a friend so idk if the organization of the folders are different but I can convert umap fine? ?

Concerning the material.db, you're saying I leave it where it is ? or move the kh3.exe somewhere else to convert??

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2124
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1656 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by daemon1 » Mon May 11, 2020 9:01 am

ophy111 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:08 am
130kb from doing only bt/uasset/materials. there were no errors in cmd as far as I could tell..
This is fine.

For map extraction:
- you DONT need BaseMaterials and BaseMaterialInstance folders
- you DONT need any textures
- you DONT need staticmesh Folder

All you need is:
1. kh3.exe
2. material.db file
3. staticmesh.raw folder
4. umap+uexp of a map you want to extract

It DOESNT matter where (in which folder) all these files are.

Somebody asked me to make it possible that source files will be in one folder, and extracted map go to some other folder, and i made it possible. But now, to make it simple, lets forget about it. For sure, you have to place all needed files (listed 1,2,3,4 above) to one folder, and then drop umap onto EXE or run EXE from command line with 1 parameter - umap file.

This must work. If it doesnt, send me output text or screenshot.

ophy111
ultra-n00b
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:39 am
Has thanked: 3 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by ophy111 » Mon May 11, 2020 5:53 pm

Oh!! I didn't realize the texture folder needed to be converted. at least the material.db worked for names because there was a .dds file needed instead of no extension (which was causing my confusion). I thought it did it through the materials or something ;;

Got it working now, thank you for helping! and thanks for working on this tool ;w;

R5GAMER
beginner
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by R5GAMER » Mon May 25, 2020 3:26 pm

I don't no why did you update this tools if all people can't access to .pak files ?
Anyone have LUT file for KH3 ?

Maechen
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:37 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Maechen » Fri May 29, 2020 8:56 pm

R5GAMER wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:26 pm
Anyone have LUT file for KH3 ?
Poeple can make the extract : https://www.deviantart.com/kyliestylish ... -812504622
But, apparently they don't want share theire game files... Or share the place where they can download them... Strange coming from guys who share so hard and cool technics ! It's so easy to just share a link... :(
Last edited by Maechen on Sat May 30, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2124
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1656 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by daemon1 » Sat May 30, 2020 1:13 pm

Tool updated to add proper landscape export.

Image

User avatar
Vladabdf
beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:28 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Vladabdf » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:11 am

R5GAMER wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:26 pm
I don't no why did you update this tools if all people can't access to .pak files ?
Anyone have LUT file for KH3 ?
Maechen wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:56 pm
Poeple can make the extract : https://www.deviantart.com/kyliestylish ... -812504622
But, apparently they don't want share theire game files... Or share the place where they can download them... Strange coming from guys who share so hard and cool technics ! It's so easy to just share a link... :(
Character models were handed out to modelers and artists, and they passed them out to other people. Some of us have the complete set of pak files, but we can't decrypt them because the PS4 scene won't share the decrypted eboot or the key. I agree that it sucks, but it is what it is. Even with offering money and telling people I won't share the decrypted eboot file because I only want to research the files, I still was turned down by many people who have it.
Help me get KH3's decrypted eboot.bin if you want mod support!

Discord - Vlad#1272
Personal Discord Server Invite: https://discord.gg/mY8xveA
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Vladabdf

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2124
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1656 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by daemon1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:58 pm

Vladabdf wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:11 am
Character models were handed out to modelers and artists, and they passed them out to other people. Some of us have the complete set of pak files, but we can't decrypt them because the PS4 scene won't share the decrypted eboot or the key. I agree that it sucks, but it is what it is. Even with offering money and telling people I won't share the decrypted eboot file because I only want to research the files, I still was turned down by many people who have it.
You are wrong.
Not only "Character models", but the complete set of decrypted pak files were handed out.
I have no idea why you still dont have them, probably because of your strange obsession with eboot.
It seems that you're not interested in decrypted files, just the eboot.
Also you somehow have weird idea about how "many people" have it.

User avatar
Vladabdf
beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:28 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Vladabdf » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:34 pm

daemon1 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:58 pm
Vladabdf wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:11 am
Character models were handed out to modelers and artists, and they passed them out to other people. Some of us have the complete set of pak files, but we can't decrypt them because the PS4 scene won't share the decrypted eboot or the key. I agree that it sucks, but it is what it is. Even with offering money and telling people I won't share the decrypted eboot file because I only want to research the files, I still was turned down by many people who have it.
You are wrong.
Not only "Character models", but the complete set of decrypted pak files were handed out.
I have no idea why you still dont have them, probably because of your strange obsession with eboot.
It seems that you're not interested in decrypted files, just the eboot.
Also you somehow have weird idea about how "many people" have it.
With the decrypted eboot, I can unpack the files myself and backporting to public CFW for mod support can commence. I have also not met a single person who has 100% of the pak file contents that is willing to hand them out, you included. My "obsession" isn't strange, and I'm absolutely interested in decrypted files. That's why I asked you for decrypted eboot in PM.
Edit: I also didn't claim "only" character models were handed out. That's just the overwhelming majority of what got passed around. Almost nobody has anything except character models. It's very clear that people have been curating what files get handed out. There's zero evidence to suggest otherwise.
Help me get KH3's decrypted eboot.bin if you want mod support!

Discord - Vlad#1272
Personal Discord Server Invite: https://discord.gg/mY8xveA
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Vladabdf

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2124
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 52 times
Been thanked: 1656 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by daemon1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:07 pm

Vladabdf wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:34 pm
Edit: I also didn't claim "only" character models were handed out. That's just the overwhelming majority of what got passed around
Overwhelming majority? This means you dont know what was handed out. It was 100% of the pak file contents.

User avatar
Vladabdf
beginner
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:28 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Vladabdf » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:45 pm

daemon1 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:07 pm
Vladabdf wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:34 pm
Edit: I also didn't claim "only" character models were handed out. That's just the overwhelming majority of what got passed around
Overwhelming majority? This means you dont know what was handed out. It was 100% of the pak file contents.
All the artists and "collectors" and whatnot that I and many other people have asked keep telling us they only have character models and very occasionally do they say they have maps as well. You're reading into what I'm saying too hard and avoiding the main points, which are:
1) I need the eboot to get the decryption key to the pak files myself (since nobody, including you, again, will just point someone to the complete decrypted dump of the game, eboot included) and make game mods.
2) The entire decrypted pak contents have very clearly, based on all the responses in this forum, in various Discord servers, all over Twitter, and so on point toward curation of which files got distributed and to whom. Finding the complete KH3 dump in the wild is inconceivably harder than finding the complete 0.2 dump.
Help me get KH3's decrypted eboot.bin if you want mod support!

Discord - Vlad#1272
Personal Discord Server Invite: https://discord.gg/mY8xveA
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Vladabdf

User avatar
Xeeynamo
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:25 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by Xeeynamo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:48 pm

Since I shared the PKG key publicly, a lot of people were able to achieve modding and research of unused content. The entirety of my save editor has been created thanks to that. And not only.

I strongly believe that information should be shared to let other people do more. After all your KH3 tool is based on something that has been given to you.
Still just a partial dump is floating around to lucky people. The game is out since 1 year and a half and the attention already shifted to other games.

I respect your work, but people can not use your tools because those files are not shared. I know it does not depend by you, but someone has to do something about it at some point. Handing the AES key, as I did for the passcode, would be ideal for everyone.

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 570 times

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4)

Post by akderebur » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:26 am

Xeeynamo wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:48 pm
I respect your work, but people can not use your tools because those files are not shared.
I don't think that you understand the purpose of this forum and tools at all. This is a 3D/2D subforum, so most tools here will just operate on suitable model related game files only. The means of getting those files though is user`s responsibility. No matter if its publicly available or not. This isn't a file sharing forum.

Do you need help with the AES key or general encryption? Then you would open a thread in the related section and try to get help. This thread/tool clearly doesn't deal with the encryption part of the game.

Sorry that this seems like directed to you, but actually it is directed to all people asking for keys constantly on this kind of 3D tool/script threads. There is a place for everything.

Post Reply