READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

[Help] GTArcade models?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: [Help] GTArcade models?

Post by shakotay2 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:49 pm
Obfuscation, is it? I thought it was just some old game format.
I wasn't sure, but I couldn't imagine how (and why, during weight painting?) vertices could be "mixed up" in such a strange way. (In most formats I knew so far the first 100 vertices at least build proper faces, usually.)
Yeah, I noticed that too. But based on the UV, shouldn't it be some kind of body part instead of a boot?
Yep - I named the picture "role_boot(s)" because they were the only parts I could identify from the whole mesh.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

LightXPS
beginner

Post by LightXPS » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:49 pm
Yeah, I noticed that too. But based on the UV, shouldn't it be some kind of body part instead of a boot? I have a couple of theories of getting the actual positions: 1. calculate the average position coordinates in a vertex weight set, or their weighted average; 2. take the coordinates with the largest weight as the position of this vertex. But I don't have time to test it now.
Judging from the UV, there should be the entire body minus the face in the role_m_000.s3d since the face has a file on its own (and that one displays normally in Noesis). And I think all those parts are somewhere in that mesh mess... Once you find the time, I'm ready to see the result!

Anyhow: Big thanks to all who posted in here so far! This goes in the right direction now :wink:

LightXPS
beginner

Post by LightXPS » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:09 am

Sorry for yet another double post, but I'd like to know if there's any progress on this one..? If there is any, what does it look like?

Also, I'd really like to note that there's also the textures available for this model. Here you go.

And one last thing to note: Is it possible to convert the .s3d files into something like .dae or .fbx so that I can take the conversion work from there?

Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by Bigchillghost » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:20 pm

LightXPS wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:09 am
I'd like to know if there's any progress on this one..?
If nobody reply to this topic, then the answer is no. All my previous attempts/guesses were failed. No idea why the same method that applies to one model would fail on another.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

LightXPS
beginner

Post by LightXPS » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:23 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:20 pm
If nobody reply to this topic, then the answer is no. All my previous attempts/guesses were failed. No idea why the same method that applies to one model would fail on another.
That's kinda strange - there was some progress before the silence came in where at least a boot was identified and now everything's down the drain? thinks Could this be the model ripper's worst nightmare?