READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

[Help] GTArcade models?

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
LightXPS
beginner

[Help] GTArcade models?

Post by LightXPS » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:01 am

I've got something very difficult here:

GTArcade might have some of the best models I've seen, but when I try to get them, I face several problems. I've got no idea about working tools, where the files with the models are located and if the version makes any difference... I'm mostly focused on League of Angels III, since I play this game and wishing to get those models. If the problems are packed in questions, these are:
Do some extraction tools for GTArcade games (on PC!) exist?
Where are the files from the games located?
Which platform is better to work with when extracting?

For now, I want to get a closer look on what these models look like outside their "natural" environment - any help with that is appreciated :wink:

Ecelon
n00b

Re: [Help] GTArcade models?

Post by Ecelon » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:16 am

Check this directory on your PC for LOA3 files:
\\ Change "YOUR ACCOUNT" to your user account, also I used the GTArcade version, not the browser version;
C:\Users\"YOUR ACCOUNT"\AppData\Local\Gtarcade\plugin\air\main

\\ These contain an ATF header
.DXT files are your textures
.BA files are your models

These files are located in the Assets/xx/xx/xx/.. folder mate. This is as far as I can help you regarding League Of Angels 3, sorry and good luck.

Check out GamesRepository tutorial section for help with Game Of Thrones: Winter Is Coming
https://gamesrepository.000webhostapp.com/

LightXPS
beginner

Post by LightXPS » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:45 am

This location guide is already nice and I found the files for myself, but... There's the old problem with file formats again... Is there a program which can open .dxt and .ba files without a problem? I tried the guide on the linked site and AssetStudio doesn't load a file :-|

Ecelon
n00b

Post by Ecelon » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:37 am

Glad it helped. GoT-WiC is built on the Unity engine, so AssetStudio works with it. LOA3 uses a different engine mate, sorry. I had a look and couldn't find any tools sorry. You might have to upload some samples and request someone with the skills to have a look at them.

LightXPS
beginner

Post by LightXPS » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Then here are those samples:
Sample 1
Sample 2

I don't know what's inside, so maybe someone with the tools to open them up can help me with that... I'd really like to know if I got the right model on the nose or still have to search a bit. And then show me the way to those tools, please!

Regarding the engine: It seems like LOA 3 is running on some kind of Flash-based engine, but I can't say for sure since there's some .swf files in the folder from the path shown above and I did a quick google as well... Is that true or am I on a wrong trace?

LightXPS
beginner

Post by LightXPS » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:11 pm

Now's the time for the final step before I can take over... I finally got the real model files out of the double-archived thing and now I'm searching for a program and/or script for either Blender and/or Noesis to open up the files... The zipped file is hosted here. Does anyone know of scripts to open them/a program that opens them and is free to use? The models here come ultimately in .s3d format, something that got introduced waaaay back in 1999 (I'm surprised by that as well) with the game Everquest...