Page 1 of 3

Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:46 pm
by Simguy
I wrote some python scripts for the Kill la Kill IF Switch Demo. These might not work on the final versions.
KLK_Switch decompresses and/or extracts PAC, LEV and TXB files (They are all the same type). Plus 2 Noesis scripts for models and animations (could probably make this one script but I don't know how). I might be doing something wrong but Noesis doesn't export normals when a model has bone weights. The Skin variable in the model script toggles bone weight loading.

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:46 am
by andree
Image
Got a error when I used one of the .mot files from the final version's files.

Here is some .mot files from the final version of the game.
https://anonymousfiles.io/ERWJXO4X/
The version of Noesis I used is 4.406.

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:59 am
by andy97
andree wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:46 am
Got a error when I used one of the .mot files from the final version's files.
Can you upload the .mdl files as the script need them? Thanks :D

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:18 pm
by andree
andy97 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:59 am
andree wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:46 am
Got a error when I used one of the .mot files from the final version's files.
Can you upload the .mdl files as the script need them? Thanks :D
https://anonymousfiles.io/cOCbUh4H/
Here is one of them.

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:45 pm
by andy97
andree wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:18 pm
Here is one of them.
Try this one with a minor fix, worked well with your .mdl and .mot
Image

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm
by Rotock
hmm your script seams kinda to work on the steam version also.
I could decompress a .pac file into more files and loaded with noesis42 the .mdl file.
But don't know about the textures and then i try to export it, to fbx, dae ,smd, etc., and importing it into Blender, it always seem to have no weights. Bones do nothing to the model.

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:57 pm
by pechenuxa
How do you decrypt pac files with your script? [Edited]. How to find textures for models?

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:09 pm
by Simguy
Rotock wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm
hmm your script seams kinda to work on the steam version also.
I could decompress a .pac file into more files and loaded with noesis42 the .mdl file.
But don't know about the textures and then i try to export it, to fbx, dae ,smd, etc., and importing it into Blender, it always seem to have no weights. Bones do nothing to the model.
Yeah the PC format changed a bit so I updated it. This zip also has a regular python script to extract textures from CVTs (They're mostly just DDS files with 80 bytes of nonsense).

Thanks andy97 for catching that embarrassing bug.

Its worth pointing out in case I get asked, some animations will look weird and broken but they are actually correct. The game does a lot of perspective tricks to get the look they want. Except for the animation frame rate. Frames are numbered, not timed. I wasn't sure what to do about that so I just hacked something together.

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:40 pm
by andree
Simguy wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:09 pm
Rotock wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm
hmm your script seams kinda to work on the steam version also.
I could decompress a .pac file into more files and loaded with noesis42 the .mdl file.
But don't know about the textures and then i try to export it, to fbx, dae ,smd, etc., and importing it into Blender, it always seem to have no weights. Bones do nothing to the model.
Yeah the PC format changed a bit so I updated it. This zip also has a regular python script to extract textures from CVTs (They're mostly just DDS files with 80 bytes of nonsense).

Thanks andy97 for catching that embarrassing bug.

Its worth pointing out in case I get asked, some animations will look weird and broken but they are actually correct. The game does a lot of perspective tricks to get the look they want. Except for the animation frame rate. Frames are numbered, not timed. I wasn't sure what to do about that so I just hacked something together.
Any of the dds-readable programs won't read the files I had converted from the switch version.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20860

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 pm
by pechenuxa
In Noesis model loads with pink textures, but in blender or 3ds max model loading fine, bone=weight is working, thanks for script. 8D

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:30 pm
by Simguy
andree wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:40 pm
Simguy wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:09 pm
Rotock wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm
hmm your script seams kinda to work on the steam version also.
I could decompress a .pac file into more files and loaded with noesis42 the .mdl file.
But don't know about the textures and then i try to export it, to fbx, dae ,smd, etc., and importing it into Blender, it always seem to have no weights. Bones do nothing to the model.
Yeah the PC format changed a bit so I updated it. This zip also has a regular python script to extract textures from CVTs (They're mostly just DDS files with 80 bytes of nonsense).

Thanks andy97 for catching that embarrassing bug.

Its worth pointing out in case I get asked, some animations will look weird and broken but they are actually correct. The game does a lot of perspective tricks to get the look they want. Except for the animation frame rate. Frames are numbered, not timed. I wasn't sure what to do about that so I just hacked something together.
Any of the dds-readable programs won't read the files I had converted from the switch version.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20860
Ah thats my bad. I forgot to say that the PC version has DDS textures, that script might not work with all Switch CVTs. The Switch version uses BNTX textures, change the extension to bntx after running the script and noesis will load it.
pechenuxa wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 pm
In Noesis model loads with pink textures, but in blender or 3ds max model loading fine, bone=weight is working, thanks for script. 8D
Actually that pink color are the Vertex Colors. Its very important for replicating the shading in the game.

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:51 pm
by Rotock
Testfile: MDL_C010_RYU.pac

Mesh: there is a strange split on the main body
UV: works
Bones/Weights: works
Texture Export: works

I can work with this now.

Thanks Simguy for the Tools/Scripts.

a456jiya6ikyas6aik.jpg

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:34 am
by Rin
the klk_switch.py gives me an error when i try to run it, is there an updated version

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:26 am
by Unari
Is there a way to preserve the Normals when merging vertices? or rather export the from noesis already merged?

Re: Kill la Kill IF (Switch Demo)

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:22 am
by Blur
Rotock wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:40 pm
hmm your script seams kinda to work on the steam version also.
I could decompress a .pac file into more files and loaded with noesis42 the .mdl file.
But don't know about the textures and then i try to export it, to fbx, dae ,smd, etc., and importing it into Blender, it always seem to have no weights. Bones do nothing to the model.
Mind telling me what you used to unpack the pac file? Been curious.