READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Xenoblade Chronicles X/2 3ds max plugin

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Xenoblade Chronicles X/2 3ds max plugin

Post by PredatorCZ » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 pm

The plugin will let you to import models and animations.
In addition, it can export textures to .dds or .png format, while loading model.
Now I know, that there is already one made by me like year or so old, however it runs on maxscript and was real messy mess for both me, and user.
This plugin is much faster and safer than maxscript one.
I'm aware of making a possible duplicate, however since this plugin should be released a year ago, shit happened, and since has been abandoned.
Due the fact, that plugin is relatively new and have nothing to do with older maxscript one, it's logically better for me to make another thread, to not generate necessary chaos inside single thread.

Master page for 3ds max plugin.
Master page for toolset.

I will also require from you any and every feedback you can think of.
For plugin, you can create issues in repo.
For everything else here, or on blog.
Thank you.
Last edited by PredatorCZ on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X/2 3ds max plugin

Post by lionheartuk » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:26 am

This is awesome dude, great work.
I was wondering if there are plans to support environment meshes such as props and the maps at all.
"Lemons are people nice hardworking & honest people too..."

PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by PredatorCZ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:04 pm

lionheartuk wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:26 am
This is awesome dude, great work.
I was wondering if there are plans to support environment meshes such as props and the maps at all.
Props are using oj prefix. (oj.cpk?)
Map support is coming up, but only for XenobladeX.

PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by PredatorCZ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:46 pm

XenoToolset V1 has been released.

Added casmExtract (Xenoblade X map converter/extractor)
Added mdoTextureExtract (Extracts textures from camdo/wimdo/wismt(DRSM) files)
Added xenoTextureConvert (Converts MTXT/LBIM into DDS/PNG formats)

XenoMax V1.1 has been released.

Added support for loading instanced meshes and external textures.
Small fixes.

andree
advanced

Post by andree » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:37 pm

I tried to import the .wimdo models in 3ds max 2015, and it crashed (tried it multiple times, one of which gave me a actual error), can you fix the compatibility with 3ds max 2015 please?

demonslayerx8
advanced

Post by demonslayerx8 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:24 am

Any chances of ya adding support for XC2 maps?

Also works perfectly for me on 3ds max 2016, altho seems like it doesn't grab vertex normals properly, and seems like some animations changes vertex weights on some meshes.

PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by PredatorCZ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:31 pm

demonslayerx8 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:24 am

Also works perfectly for me on 3ds max 2016, altho seems like it doesn't grab vertex normals properly, and seems like some animations changes vertex weights on some meshes.
Can you please tell a name of the file and a name of the animation that causes vertex weights glitch?
Can you also post a name of the file causing vertex normals glitch?

demonslayerx8
advanced

Post by demonslayerx8 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:41 am

PredatorCZ wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:31 pm
demonslayerx8 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:24 am

Can you please tell a name of the file and a name of the animation that causes vertex weights glitch?
Can you also post a name of the file causing vertex normals glitch?
for animation glitches
np453201 (importing any NPC animations seems to cause the whole bone structure to get all messed up)

Vertex normal and weight glitches when importing certain animations
bl300901
animation: battle_eye (or something close like that)

PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by PredatorCZ » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:18 pm

demonslayerx8 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:41 am
Vertex normal and weight glitches when importing certain animations
bl300901
animation: battle_eye (or something close like that)
Some animations are used as additive animations, these are not supported (yet?).
I didn't knew, that they are even using those.
As for the vertex weight and vertex normal glitches you mentioned, they are caused by these animations.

MACandCHEEZWIZ1
ultra-n00b

Post by MACandCHEEZWIZ1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:53 am

Hi, and thanks for your hard work. I've recently been trying to get to the point where I can view Xenoblade 2 models, and I'm almost there.

I'm using Autodesk 3ds Max 2018, and I downloaded your releases for XenoMax, HavokMax, and XenoToolset. When I load models, their textures don't seem to come with them despite being part of the WIMDO file. Some textures partially loaded for Pyra once, but I don't know how to replicate that. How might I go about getting them to load properly?

Edit: I also wanted to ask about bl000302.mot. It doesn't seem to have any animation names associated with it and it crashed 3ds Max when I tried to load it for bl000302.wimdo. It seems to specifically be used for this event instance of a certain character
https://xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/co ... .html#1074
But I can't figure out what its purpose might be.

PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by PredatorCZ » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:10 am

MACandCHEEZWIZ1 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:53 am
I'm using Autodesk 3ds Max 2018, and I downloaded your releases for XenoMax, HavokMax, and XenoToolset. When I load models, their textures don't seem to come with them despite being part of the WIMDO file. Some textures partially loaded for Pyra once, but I don't know how to replicate that. How might I go about getting them to load properly?
All necessary calls are in XenoMax project.
If you're talking about applying textures to model, there is no specific way to replicate material flowchart.
Their materials are node based (similar/same to materials in Unreal Engine 4). I had spent a lot of time with reversing materials, but determining which nodes are used and how they're connected, will be piece of cake. Best way, would be to decompile shader program, however, there are not decompilers for wiiu shaders (but there is research like Decaf, CEMU also decompiles shaders, but it's closed source), I don't think there's any research for switch shaders at all (prolly yuzu have some). So basically it's a really long shot to add support for materials. Only thing it can do, is to load samplers for each material, then decide how to apply texture based on it's name.
MACandCHEEZWIZ1 wrote:
Edit: I also wanted to ask about bl000302.mot. It doesn't seem to have any animation names associated with it and it crashed 3ds Max when I tried to load it for bl000302.wimdo. It seems to specifically be used for this event instance of a certain character.
I don't have wimdo of that model. Is that from an update? 00030x should be pneuma.

andree
advanced

Post by andree » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 pm

.motstm_data archive files can be renamed into .anm files and can be used with this plugin, but it only loads one animation from the .motstm_data archive, can you add in support for remaining animations inside the .motstm_data files?

PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by PredatorCZ » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:35 pm

andree wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:29 pm
.motstm_data archive files can be renamed into .anm files and can be used with this plugin, but it only loads one animation from the .motstm_data archive, can you add in support for remaining animations inside the .motstm_data files?
motstm_data is a stream file, motstm is TOC, I should be able to make bms script for extracting files...
Also what's on the image?

MACandCHEEZWIZ1
ultra-n00b

Post by MACandCHEEZWIZ1 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:12 pm

MACandCHEEZWIZ1 wrote:
Edit: I also wanted to ask about bl000302.mot. It doesn't seem to have any animation names associated with it and it crashed 3ds Max when I tried to load it for bl000302.wimdo. It seems to specifically be used for this event instance of a certain character.
I don't have wimdo of that model. Is that from an update? 00030x should be pneuma.
[/quote]

The model should be the standard bl000301.mot (Pneuma). The datamine shows that there are two separate Pneumas, with the second one at index 1074 having the debug name 覚醒ホムラ(イベント用) Awakened Homura (for event). I figure this specific instance of her is used for specific cutscenes but I was hoping that the specific motion associated with the instance (bl000302.mot) would confirm exactly what she was used for. When I tried using a save editor to insert her into the game with that motion, she's frozen in place like a model without motions applied, but of course I'd have to find the correct scenario in which it's used. Since it crashes 3ds Max when I try to load it for her and doesn't even have any animation names associated with it, I don't know what to make of it myself.

PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by PredatorCZ » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:29 pm

MACandCHEEZWIZ1 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:12 pm
The datamine shows that there are two separate Pneumas, with the second one at index 1074 having the debug name 覚醒ホムラ(イベント用) Awakened Homura (for event). I figure this specific instance of her is used for specific cutscenes but I was hoping that the specific motion associated with the instance (bl000302.mot) would confirm exactly what she was used for. When I tried using a save editor to insert her into the game with that motion, she's frozen in place like a model without motions applied, but of course I'd have to find the correct scenario in which it's used. Since it crashes 3ds Max when I try to load it for her and doesn't even have any animation names associated with it, I don't know what to make of it myself.
The event/cutscene animations are stored in motstm files, or in event/mot folder.
bl000302.mot doesn't contain any animation data, only state machine.