READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Jurassic World Evolution

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Mcflyhigh1
beginner
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by Mcflyhigh1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:32 am

daemon1 wrote:ok i will say it for the 3rd time:

you already HAVE all textures extracted from L1, they are 1024x1024

do you understand ?

You don't must freak out deamon1 ... everything is okay and chilled.. i'm not blind (so i can read what others write) or stupid and over 12 years active as 3d artist for a company, so i understand you very good.. just ask me where are the other skin variants then... every dino has various skin variants "4 -8".. so sorry if i'm confused about the facts

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1920
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 1470 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by daemon1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:43 am

i dont have all of dino files, but from those i have, variants are extracted. For example:

indominusrex.pbasediffusetexture.dds
indominusrex.pbasepackedtexture.dds
indominusrex.playered_blendweights.dds
indominusrex.playered_warpoffset.dds
indominusrex.pnormaltexture.dds
indominusrex01.pbasediffusetexture.dds
indominusrex01.pbasepackedtexture.dds
indominusrex02.pbasediffusetexture.dds

These

indominusrex.pbasediffusetexture.dds
indominusrex01.pbasediffusetexture.dds
indominusrex02.pbasediffusetexture.dds

look like 3 diffuse variations. If you say there are more variations, then those must be "generated" using "blendweight" masks and solid colors.

Mcflyhigh1
beginner
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by Mcflyhigh1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:48 am

daemon1 wrote:i dont have all of dino files, but from those i have, variants are extracted. For example:

indominusrex.pbasediffusetexture.dds
indominusrex.pbasepackedtexture.dds
indominusrex.playered_blendweights.dds
indominusrex.playered_warpoffset.dds
indominusrex.pnormaltexture.dds
indominusrex01.pbasediffusetexture.dds
indominusrex01.pbasepackedtexture.dds
indominusrex02.pbasediffusetexture.dds

These

indominusrex.pbasediffusetexture.dds
indominusrex01.pbasediffusetexture.dds
indominusrex02.pbasediffusetexture.dds

look like 3 diffuse variations. If you say there are more variations, then those must be "generated" using "blendweight" masks and solid colors.


You say, that you never saw the Game.. so i show you as example the different T-Rex Skins "yeah, the JP Trex is my favourite dinosaur of the jurassic park/world franchise)

there you see the details over what i talked about too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJdb29M3HVo


All i get out of the OVL if i export it is :

tyrannosaurus.pbasediffusetexture
tyrannosaurus.pbasepackedtexture
tyrannosaurus.playered_blendweights
tyrannosaurus.playered_warpoffset
tyrannosaurus.pnormaltexture
and
tyrannosaurus01.pbasecolourtexture

so less than you

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1920
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 1470 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by daemon1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:07 pm

Mcflyhigh1 wrote:tyrannosaurus.pbasediffusetexture
tyrannosaurus.pbasepackedtexture
tyrannosaurus.playered_blendweights
tyrannosaurus.playered_warpoffset
tyrannosaurus.pnormaltexture
and
tyrannosaurus01.pbasecolourtexture
ok, i dont have his file, but all those variations must be rendered with textures you have.

They have so many masks in tyrannosaurus.playered_blendweights - it must be for that.
This DDS is in BC7 format, and it contains from 4 to 16 one-channel (greyscale) masks.
They must all be there.

Mcflyhigh1
beginner
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by Mcflyhigh1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:18 pm

daemon1 wrote:
Mcflyhigh1 wrote:tyrannosaurus.pbasediffusetexture
tyrannosaurus.pbasepackedtexture
tyrannosaurus.playered_blendweights
tyrannosaurus.playered_warpoffset
tyrannosaurus.pnormaltexture
and
tyrannosaurus01.pbasecolourtexture
ok, i dont have his file, but all those variations must be rendered with textures you have.

They have so many masks in tyrannosaurus.playered_blendweights - it must be for that.
This DDS is in BC7 format, and it contains from 4 to 16 one-channel (greyscale) masks.
They must all be there.
Everything is changeable daemon1

maybe you find out more :) "you are much better in this than me"

https://mega.nz/#!P6IwRaKa!yL-83p7x-Sld ... v0Bs-gy_sg

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1920
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 1470 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by daemon1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:40 pm

this is your tyrannosaurus.playered_blendweights:

Image

it has 16 masks. I sized it down 4x times to show this screen.
I'm not a modeller at all, but it seems to me that this is more than enough to make many skin variations

color split:

Image

Mcflyhigh1
beginner
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by Mcflyhigh1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:47 pm

daemon1 wrote:this is your tyrannosaurus.playered_blendweights:

Image

it has 16 masks. I sized it down 4x times to show this screen.
I'm not a modeller at all, but it seems to me that this is more than enough to make many skin variations

You find always a way to confuse me more lol
How did you exract them always.. the only way i found is with noesis.. and this shows me just two green variants

Image

I see i have a lot to learn.. maybe should you start as teacher and give couses to teach others your knowledge :)

Ok PS changing Red/Blue/Green Channels :)

User avatar
chrrox
Moderator
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 3:01 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 1284 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by chrrox » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:04 pm

Microsofts reference.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... -reference
you need to extract the channel bits like he showed in the image.
figure out the mode your image is then you can see how the bits are packed.
he is showing 4 in each of the rgba channels then he made them greyscale as they are being used as masks.

REDEYE
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:22 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by REDEYE » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:28 pm

Hey daemon1, I'm working on blender addon for importing OVL format models from Jurassic World Evolution git repo: https://github.com/REDxEYE/OVL_IO
But i need a bit of help, i can't quite understand what is happening in your tool

Image
Thouse numXX are driving me nuts.
That might be reflector decompiled variables names wrong or you actually named them numXX?
Anyways, can you DM me source code or just explain what happaning in your tool?
Last edited by REDEYE on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mcflyhigh1
beginner
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by Mcflyhigh1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:30 pm

REDEYE wrote:Hey daemon1, I'm working on blender addon for importing OVL format models from Jurassic World Evolution git repo: https://github.com/REDxEYE/OVL_IO
But i need a bit of help, i can't quite understand what is happening in your tool

Image
Thouse numXX are driving me nuts.
That might be reflector decompiled variables names wrong or you actually named that numXX?
Anyways, can you DM me source code or just explain what happaning in your tool?
Hey Red, nice to see you here too :)

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1920
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 1470 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by daemon1 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:19 pm

REDEYE wrote:what happaning in your tool?
no comments

i can only say that current version of my tool is not properly parsing packages, because i only needed to quickly export dinos, and only dinos

REDEYE
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:22 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by REDEYE » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:28 pm

Can i have original sources at least? Ones that i decompiles looks a bit weird

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1920
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 1470 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by daemon1 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:14 pm

I'm working on a better version, for Disneyland Adventures

tool will be posted there: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18879

Image

therealdeal
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:44 am

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by therealdeal » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:52 am

where is this tool to download i cant seem to find it

User avatar
lionheartuk
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by lionheartuk » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:39 pm

therealdeal wrote:where is this tool to download i cant seem to find it
daemon01 has removed the tool for the moment whilst he adds some updates to it.

You'll find it here when its done: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18879

Which is exactly whats been asked, and written in the last 4 posts above yours.
"Lemons are people nice hardworking & honest people too..."

Post Reply