Page 3 of 4

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:15 pm
by daemon1
Message for everyone PMing me: if i will be answering all messages, i will spend all my time writing answers, and I will have no time left to work on tools.

I will not do anything for GOW right now, because i'm busy with other games.

Also I can't upload Kratos, because his files are more than 1GB.

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:45 pm
by HiryuX
Image

the file is so big because he's there with all of his stuff:

Image


Hey id -- just a thought (and hopeful thinking) -- would it be possible to upload the Kratos model without all the extra armors (just the default mesh and textures, I assume it's the top image you posted)? I assume that's why it's 1.0gb? =P

Yeah, definitely wouldn't want you to have to sit through that upload, but if it's easy enough to separate the default mesh and it's associated textures, would be very grateful to get that uploaded. Wouldn't need the armatures or skeleton at all, just the base mesh and the textures that go with it. No worries, if I'm thinking about it wrong in terms of cutting down the size of the files.

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:37 pm
by shakotay2
HiryuX wrote:but if it's easy enough to separate the default mesh and it's associated textures, would be very grateful to get that uploaded.
Didn't care for textures but if you've patience enough you can get the basic meshes yourself using hex2obj (head uncomplete so far):
MG_heroa00_0_gpu.jpg
H2O files for upperbody

0x2BA1E0 42597
Vb1
40 32
0x270AE0 7520
020300
0x0 255

and arms:

0x183860 45852
Vb1
40 32
0x12D4B0 8830
020300
0x0 255

(When "browsing" the MG_heroa00_0_gpu file for other meshes (lower body for example) keep in mind that some have an FVF size of 6 and use short integers.)

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:26 pm
by daemon1
HiryuX wrote:if it's easy enough to separate the default mesh and it's associated textures
no, i currently have no way to know which mesh is default

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:09 pm
by HiryuX
daemon1 wrote:
HiryuX wrote:if it's easy enough to separate the default mesh and it's associated textures
no, i currently have no way to know which mesh is default
Ah, ok -- thanks anyway, I guess I was hoping that the model that Mightyracoon used in the video was something you had on hand. Doing a Norse-themed 3D art project, and thought using the Kratos model would've been a cool idea, but no worries, can think of something else.

Thanks to everyone on the thread for all the info, really really appreciate it! =)

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:11 am
by shakotay2
In the MG_heroa00_0 file (forget the "..._gpu" below the picture!) I found the counts for the arms and the upper body from my previous post (FI count 42600 instead of 42597, though), and much better, the FI start addresses (blue rectangle) and vertex block start addresses (red rectangle):
MG_heroa00_0_gpu-counts.jpg
(there are more counts, of course; now to find out which meshes they belong to...)

this is the H2O file for the complete head for example:

0x240c30 98130
Vb1
40 32
0x199ea0 17085
020300
0x0 255

still missing FVF info, here's a full npc, lower lod, no uvs:

0x31ae60 44406
Vb1
32 99
0x2d8120 8554
020300
0x0 255

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:48 pm
by shakotay2
scaling of the lower body is a little bit tricky:
Kratos.jpg

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:12 pm
by HiryuX
shakotay2 wrote:scaling of the lower body is a little bit tricky:
Kratos.jpg
Wow -- nice progress, S! =)

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:46 am
by shakotay2
nope, it's not a progress, it's just a little bit of what daemon1 and akderebur found out already
Kind of progress is when users give it a try themselves, imho.
You could use the latest version of hex2obj
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894&p=142434&hil ... al#p142434
to get the lower body, which uses shorts, btw.

H2O file:

0x11A160 9930
Vb1
6 99
0x1090B0 2053
020400
0x0 255

beard, maybe:

0x7CD30 4899
Vb1
6 99
0x67f20 1859
020400
0x0 255

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:44 am
by Resiliaxia
Neverstops wrote:I tried looking up in the .wad file, and i got it extracted with one the .bms file
Where did you get that bms script ? Can you post it here ?

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:17 am
by Neverstops577
Resiliaxia wrote:
Neverstops wrote:I tried looking up in the .wad file, and i got it extracted with one the .bms file
Where did you get that bms script ? Can you post it here ?
I don't remember finding it, but i atleast have the file i saved

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:46 pm
by Neverstops
I assume it's been more than 2 months now. Anyhow the models have progress, but still no tools yet to "extract" properly anyway.
Although the textures are kind of awkward to get, some case it's size are small if were included in the .wad files along with _gpu, or neither if i'm wrong.

"I might realize those ANM are animations however, fact is, it might be packed with files. Describe that ANM_dragon00 has 5,767KB than MG_dragon00_0_gpu (221KB). Indeed less convenient"



Although it be really nice if someone could help retrieve this dragon Hræzlyr for me. https://mega.nz/#!KgJxGKJK!CBAXtIj8MAkH ... CtVRAcuUaQ
I have no experiences with hex, which badly confuses me.

----

Edit: I'm not really sure if this is the dragon, but this was the atleast file i carried for months. Pretty much i wiped out the stuff.

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:55 pm
by daemon1
this game is now in top 5 of my queue

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:52 pm
by shakotay2
daemon1 wrote:this game is now in top 5 of my queue
Great!
Neverstops wrote:I have no experiences with hex, which badly confuses me.
that's how we all began. :)
MG_dragon.png
(ANM_dragon00 is too hard for me...)

Re: GoW Models (PS4)

Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:12 pm
by gaylord3000
Neverstops wrote:I assume it's been more than 2 months now. Anyhow the models have progress, but still no tools yet to "extract" properly anyway.
Although the textures are kind of awkward to get, some case it's size are small if were included in the .wad files along with _gpu, or neither if i'm wrong.

"I might realize those ANM are animations however, fact is, it might be packed with files. Describe that ANM_dragon00 has 5,767KB than MG_dragon00_0_gpu (221KB). Indeed less convenient"



Although it be really nice if someone could help retrieve this dragon Hræzlyr for me. https://mega.nz/#!KgJxGKJK!CBAXtIj8MAkH ... CtVRAcuUaQ
I have no experiences with hex, which badly confuses me.

----

Edit: I'm not really sure if this is the dragon, but this was the atleast file i carried for months. Pretty much i wiped out the stuff.
From what I seen (file I was interested) textures in wad files are thumbnails. Actual textures are in texpacks.