Оk, guys. This weekend we finished the converted utility. Many thanks to our friend @V for coding.
Hob MDL to OGRE MESH Converter(v220.127.116.11)
(update Sep 16, 2020)
Remember this utility converts MDL files into OGRE MESH(v1.100) files, but this is only part of the necessary process. If you want to use these 3D models for your mods in Torchlight/Torchlight2 game. Then you need to take a few more steps.
In addition, you will need this: OgreXMLConverters + Ogre Meshy viewer
1. Place all the converters in any separate folder.
2. Drag and drop a .MDL file onto the HobMdlToMesh.exe converter (or a shortcut to it, if you prefer)
3. Take the resulting .MESH file and drag and drop it onto OgreXMLConverter 1.100.
4. Open the resulting .XML file. Correct the material and the skeleton sections (remove the extra path like this: MEDIA/CHARACTERS/M_SCUTTLECRAB/M_SCUTTLECRAB.skeleton
). Change "float2" to "2" (texture_coord_dimensions_0="float
2") and save changes.
(At this point you can use this XML file as you want - if you have the appropriate plugins, then you can import it(for example) into Blender)
5. Take the edited XML-file and drag and drop it onto OgreXMLConverter 1.41 (this converter is included in Ogre Command Line Tools v. 1.7.2). This will result in a TL2-compatible .MESH model. (Technically, you are downgrading a 3d model in v1.41).
6. Convert the Hob TGA textures to a DDS or PNG textures. Create a .material file. (You can take any standard .material from any suitable model and change it to your own needs) Create a .animation file if you need it (Use GUTS or any text editor). Use the model as you want.
P.S. It requires .net 4.6.1 or higher.