Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Horizon Zero Dawn

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
qs12
advanced
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:55 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by qs12 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:52 am

MrMendelli wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:54 am
I don't know if you still watch this thread, but it seems like it was last active recently. Are there plans for PC support? Will the tool eventually be open source?
https://github.com/Jayveer/Decima-Explorer this is the only thing at the moment there's no telling when daemon will make this and Death Stranding pc supported

JavedWilde
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:24 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by JavedWilde » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:08 am

JavedWilde wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:30 pm
Im geting this error
im trying to extract files from the pc version

I used DecimaExplorer by Jayveer to extract the core files

but have no clue how to proceed from there
any help
Image
Ok, so I've managed to get rid of the error and has successfully extracted an SMD and ASCII file
no I have no clue wat to do next, how do I open an SMD/ascii file
Merge all ASCII files into one as text file, then copypaste skeleton into it.
Then count submeshes (it will correspond to number of "material" string)
and put a number of submeshes after the skeleton (before all the actual data).
This number will correspond to number of "material" string in all files.
Same for SMD files, just no need to count submeshes.
its just for combining i think, how to open one tho (EDIT, Im dumb af, I was just one google search away, imma try to use blender source tools and see how that goes)

for people who are trying to extract it from PC,
in the horizon.ini folder, point the locations to <Game Location>\Packed_DX12 and remove everything except initial.bin
Run Horizon and extract the files from there

for some reason, core files extracted from Decima Explorer did not work by dragging and dropping

Also, instead of oo2core_5_win64.dll, use oo2core_6_win64.dll, just change the name, weirdly, 5 didn't work for me, 6 did

JavedWilde
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:24 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by JavedWilde » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:49 am

gokuhs wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:10 am
After spending many hours trying to extract the models and thanks to the invaluable help of Raban, I leave you a small mini guide for people like me who are starting on this.

My big problem was the copy of the game, I tried with a PKG of the edition European Complete Edition and as a result it generated empty models. I lost a couple of hours on it, because I thought the problem was mine, but no, it must be that the Daemon tool is not compatible with this version of the game. So i reomend use a copy of the European Standard version (Code: CUSA07319), you can get from the original disk with an a hacked PS4 o try to find an a Fake PKG of the Game (41 GB Aprox)

We will need this software:

1- Oviusly the daemon1's tool i use this version
2- The latest version of PKG tool, you can get it here
3- The latest version of noesis for show and export the models
4- A lot of patience, the process is tedious [roll]

1- The first thing we you need is extract the PKG, for this we use PS4 PKG Tool, is easy, open the folder were are stored the PKG > Right click on the game > Extract PKG Contents.
2- Now get the daemon1 tool and put it inside "packet_pink" folder.
3- Edit (or create if not exist) the file horizon.ini, and paste inside it the path to the packet_pink folder (including "packet_pink")
4- Open the tool, if we do correctly the tool was generate one big file "res.txt"
5- You can filter the file to be alone with what we want to extract. You can use Excel to filter this.
6- Now i copy paste the PM that Raban sent me, I asked him as an example the model of the red fox.
1. create a .txt-file, name it "list" and place it in the folder where Daemon's horizon.exe is

2. paste these lines into that .txt:
models/characters/animals/redfox/animation/parts/redfox_lx
models/characters/animals/redfox/animation/skeletons/skeleton_rootbone

3. run horizon from windows-command-line like this "horizon /x list.txt"

4. you should now have some .core-files

5. drag and drop redfox_lx.core on horizon.exe; you should get
redfox_lx.core.smd
redfox_lx.core.mesh.ascii
a matrices file
and a bunch of txt which contain the ressource paths for the textures (you can paste those in a new list.txt afterwards)

6. now drag and drop skeleton_rootbone.core on horizon.exe; this should yield:
skeleton_rootbone.core.smd
skeleton_rootbone.core.mesh.ascii

7. open "skeleton_rootbone.core.smd" with the notepad and copy everything that's in there

8. open "redfox_lx.core.smd" with the notepad and paste what you've copied - be careful though you probably have to delete some lines from the target or source file (I think the source already had the header in there);
it should look like this:
version 1
nodes
0 ...
1 ...
... (listing all the bones)
end
skeleton
time 0 (meaning the bind pose of the skeleton)
0 ...
1 ...
... (listing of Rot and Loc of each bone for that pose, meaning their default position)
end
triangles (now begins the description of the geometry that stuff is what's already written in)
assets/bla/blabla
0 ...
0 ...
0 ...
...
end

8.5. make sure you don't have any repeating lines; having the lines "end|skeleton" two times in the file is a big no-no

9. you should be good to go now
Now we can get the model with bones, so we can load it in Noesis. So open noesis, and navigate to the packet_pink folder, and open redfox smd file. And that it, if you do correctly you can see the fox.

Now we can export it to use in Blender for example. To do it, in Noesis select File > Export..., and select as Collada. In blender create a new scene, remove de default cube, and import this exported file on it.

PD> If you extract the textures, you can use it directly in the latest version of Blender. This is an example of result (Remember, I'm noob in 3D design :oops: )

Image

PD2> Many thanks especially to Raban for the help provided and to Daemon1 for his fantastic tool :)
The file redfox_lx doesn't create anything when dragged onto horizon.exe, same goes for any file which is a mesh
in case of skeletons, it does create an ascii and smd file

I tried doing the same with aloyna_bags_ct_a_lx.core that I found in this thread. that worked, tho it created a blank smd file

I guess the PC version wont work.

MrMendelli
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:15 am

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by MrMendelli » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:21 am

qs12 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:52 am
MrMendelli wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:54 am
I don't know if you still watch this thread, but it seems like it was last active recently. Are there plans for PC support? Will the tool eventually be open source?
https://github.com/Jayveer/Decima-Explorer this is the only thing at the moment there's no telling when daemon will make this and Death Stranding pc supported
Thanks for the quick reply. This looks promising.

zero
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:04 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by zero » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:40 am

qs12 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:52 am
MrMendelli wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:54 am
I don't know if you still watch this thread, but it seems like it was last active recently. Are there plans for PC support? Will the tool eventually be open source?
https://github.com/Jayveer/Decima-Explorer this is the only thing at the moment there's no telling when daemon will make this and Death Stranding pc supported
Thanks everyone that has been working on this kind of tools.

I can confirm that this tool works in the pc version.

Now the daemon horizon tool we can get the animations or the skeleton no problem from the pc version.

However the models we can't it does nothing lol.

I hope daemon adds support to his wonderful tool.

I can help with whatever I can files, the pc full game on steam you name it. Just pm and I will do what I can.

Thanks everyone and keep up that awesome work.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2204
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 1810 times

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by daemon1 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:54 pm

i will get back to this as soon as i have time

mcmanus82
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:45 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by mcmanus82 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Hi

I'm currently looking for the face paint / makeup for Aloy and other characters, so i thought i would give this a try.
I followed the instructions in the "Guide" post, here is what I'm using:
  • PS4 HZD (Code: CUSA07319)
  • Tried all 3 versions of the tool
I'm mainly interested in textures so that's what i checked,
These worked / extracted fine:
  • Redfox textures from the guide post (models/characters/animals/redfox/texture/redfox_set)
  • Aloy base head textures. (models/characters/humans/heads/female/hannah/textures/hannah_head_set / head_a_set / head_b_set)
  • A random bow textures were fine too.
I honestly do not know if I'm doing something wrong or the tool simple cannot handle these types of texture sets(see below), any help would be welcome.
Here is a list of what didn't work:

Blank(black) textures.
  • models/characters/humans/eclipsedigger/textures/diggermaskchampion/diggermaskchampion_set
  • models/characters/humans/banukshaman/textures/sharedparts/replacementparts/replacementparts_set
  • models/characters/humans/heads/female/karib/textures/karibel_head_set
  • models/characters/humans/heads/female/karib/textures/karibel_head_a_set
  • models/characters/humans/heads/female/karib/textures/karibel_head_b_set
  • models/characters/humans/baseparts/decals/facepaint_nora_rost/facepaint_nora_rost_set
0 byte everything (ascii,mat,smd)after core extraction.
  • models/characters/humans/eclipsedigger/animation/parts/diggermaskchampion_ct_a_lx
Corrupted or blank(black) textures.
  • models/characters/humans/heads/female/ambert/textures/amber_head_set
No error or log line but no files produced.
  • models/characters/humans/heads/female/ambert/textures/amber_head_a_set
  • models/characters/humans/heads/female/ambert/textures/amber_head_b_set
  • models/characters/humans/baseparts/decals/facepaint_eclipseb/facepaint_eclipseb_set
  • models/characters/humans/tenakthhunter/textures/tenakthmale body/tenakthmaletiling_set
Blank core file(only containing zeros)
  • models/characters/humans/baseparts/decals/vanashahood/vanashahood_set
  • models/characters/humans/baseparts/decals/facepaint_tenaktha/facepaint_tenaktha_set
  • models/characters/humans/baseparts/decals/facepaint_noraoutcasta/facepaint_noraoutcasta_set
  • models/characters/humans/baseparts/decals/facepaint_aloynorab/facepaint_aloynorab_set
  • models/characters/humans/vanasha/textures/body/vanashabody_set
  • models/characters/humans/vanasha/textures/body/vanashabodycards_set
Unhandled Exception: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory.
  • models/characters/humans/vanasha/animation/parts/vanashabody_ct_a_lx
  • models/characters/humans/vanasha/animation/parts/vanashaveil_ct_a_lx

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 2204
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 1810 times

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by daemon1 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:13 pm

mcmanus82 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:43 pm
I followed the instructions in the "Guide" post, here is what I'm using:
  • PS4 HZD (Code: CUSA07319)
Your problem is incorrectly extracted PS4 HZD package.

mcmanus82
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:45 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by mcmanus82 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:21 pm

I used PS4 PKG Tool 6.4 right click and extract content. It finished successfully. So what program / version should i use? (The latest one on github does not have an extract context menu option)

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 530
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by mono24 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:02 am

mcmanus82 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:21 pm
...So what program / version should I use? (The latest one on github does not have an extract context menu option)
Avoid at all costs the GitHub what ever PKG extractor you found they always give errors and users have problems, for old FakePKGs that where available for firmware exploited up to 5.05 use (new FakePKGs built for exploited firmware on 6.72 it wont work, use instead Fake_PKG_Generator v3.38+):
https://sites.google.com/site/theleeche ... 4pkgviewer
BUT, if you really want to be sure nothing is corrupted look on Google for the official Sony (yet patched by hackers) Fake_PKG_Generator v3.38+

have fun

zero
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:04 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by zero » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:44 am

Thanks again to everyone that keeps working on this awesome tools.


ekey
Daemond1
codeman
mariokart64
chorrox
zaramot


and so may other great coders that keep bringing tools to this great community THANKS

i am trying to get some models from Horizon Zero Dawn but the current tool is only for ps4

Now I would go and buy the console and the games but I already spent some money in Epic store, Origins, Steam and some other Big Stores
so buying the game is not the problem but wasting money in the console it really is.

I stopped buying consoles after ps3 because after a few years something else comes along and we have to buy everything again which may be doable
but the current epidemic we are going thru and the economy is not good.

Plus my life right now it is in the pc because of the mods.

I am working in a special mod but I can't get it moving due to the lack of 3d models.

Someone could pm to debate about this I can help back.

Image

Image

Thanks in advance and keep up that awesome work

kotn3l
advanced
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:48 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by kotn3l » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:24 pm

JavedWilde wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:08 am
JavedWilde wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:30 pm
Im geting this error
im trying to extract files from the pc version

I used DecimaExplorer by Jayveer to extract the core files

but have no clue how to proceed from there
any help
Image
Ok, so I've managed to get rid of the error and has successfully extracted an SMD and ASCII file
no I have no clue wat to do next, how do I open an SMD/ascii file
Merge all ASCII files into one as text file, then copypaste skeleton into it.
Then count submeshes (it will correspond to number of "material" string)
and put a number of submeshes after the skeleton (before all the actual data).
This number will correspond to number of "material" string in all files.
Same for SMD files, just no need to count submeshes.
its just for combining i think, how to open one tho (EDIT, Im dumb af, I was just one google search away, imma try to use blender source tools and see how that goes)

for people who are trying to extract it from PC,
in the horizon.ini folder, point the locations to <Game Location>\Packed_DX12 and remove everything except initial.bin
Run Horizon and extract the files from there

for some reason, core files extracted from Decima Explorer did not work by dragging and dropping

Also, instead of oo2core_5_win64.dll, use oo2core_6_win64.dll, just change the name, weirdly, 5 didn't work for me, 6 did
How did you extract the core file? I can get the core file well, but im lost from there lol

blonzarg
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 12, 2020 9:44 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by blonzarg » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:41 pm

JavedWilde wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:30 pm
Image
Ok, so I've managed to get rid of the error and has successfully extracted an SMD and ASCII file
I'm getting the same error, could you explain how you fixed it?
Or has anyone managed to extract meshes from the PC version?
Cheers

LuckyCat
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:58 am

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by LuckyCat » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:06 am

blonzarg wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:41 pm
JavedWilde wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:30 pm
Image
Ok, so I've managed to get rid of the error and has successfully extracted an SMD and ASCII file
I'm getting the same error, could you explain how you fixed it?
Or has anyone managed to extract meshes from the PC version?
Cheers
I've tried everything, including removing all other language files like the author said. No luck.
If it's a tool made using .Net, then someone can easily decompile and adjust it.

AtomicJunkie
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:26 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Horizon Zero Dawn

Post by AtomicJunkie » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:29 pm

zero wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:40 am
qs12 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:52 am
MrMendelli wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:54 am
I don't know if you still watch this thread, but it seems like it was last active recently. Are there plans for PC support? Will the tool eventually be open source?
https://github.com/Jayveer/Decima-Explorer this is the only thing at the moment there's no telling when daemon will make this and Death Stranding pc supported
Thanks everyone that has been working on this kind of tools.

I can confirm that this tool works in the pc version.

Now the daemon horizon tool we can get the animations or the skeleton no problem from the pc version.

However the models we can't it does nothing lol.

I hope daemon adds support to his wonderful tool.

I can help with whatever I can files, the pc full game on steam you name it. Just pm and I will do what I can.

Thanks everyone and keep up that awesome work.
I've checked some *.core files in the folder sounds. There are subfolders called wav. Core files in these subfolders seems to be MP3 Audio format. (Try open these files your preferred Wave editor)
If you simple rename it, you should get all the sound files.

Post Reply