June 3, 2019. Should you wish to discuss further on Discord, join the XeNTaX Discord server! :)

May 25, 2019. Hello all, we have been targeted by a certain type of spambot that will send messages to our users in their private messages. If you get a message from such a loser/bot, report it to us here, and delete the message ! :/

UFC 2 Models - PS4 - figured out the verts and faces

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

UFC 2 Models - PS4 - figured out the verts and faces

Post by plodtrew » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:28 am

Hi guys.

Need help with the models for the UFC 2 game on the ps4. The model extension is MCD and the header is RSF.

Here's a sample of the file:

MCD Model: http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/f2E614jW/file.html
Last edited by plodtrew on Thu May 09, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gr8oblivion
ultra-n00b

Re: UFC 2 Models - PS4

Post by gr8oblivion » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:49 pm

i know this is like 9 month old thread... but any luck with MCD files? it seems like it might be the same file format as NHL 18 for PS4, and i'm trying to extract models from that game...

Thanks.

plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: UFC 2 Models - PS4

Post by plodtrew » Thu May 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Had some spare time to look into the model format again. It seems like there are hard coded text values indicating the start of the verts and faces instead of offset references. Using this assumption, I wrote code to the view the models in an existing application I've coded. The code seems to work with the models I have tested:

I haven't figure out the UV format as yet. Using @shakotay2 's hex2obj, I determined that the UV's are half float values but I don't know how to convert these hex values into float using C#. With the UV's exported from hex2obj, the model looks like this:

I'm not the best at maxscript, but I can try to write an import script once the uv format is figured out, that's if anyone is interested in these models?

plodtrew
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: UFC 2 Models - PS4 - figured out the verts and faces

Post by plodtrew » Fri May 10, 2019 9:23 am

Spend the entire day reading up on half float values and managed to code support for the UV's. The code is still rough but it seems to work on all the head models in the game.
texture_preview.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.