READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Help with UVs

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Post Reply
Ginsor
n00b
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Help with UVs

Post by Ginsor » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi there,

anyone has an idea how the structure for UVs could be for the attached file?

The UVs begin at 0x6E78.

Image[/quote]

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN
Posts: 2791
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 696 times
Been thanked: 1436 times

Re: Help with UVs

Post by shakotay2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:48 am

this looks like uvs; not sure how to unscramble them atm:
messer_uvs.jpg
(well - done; had to subtract 1.0 from every uv value > 0.5)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

Ginsor
n00b
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Help with UVs

Post by Ginsor » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:56 pm

shakotay2 wrote:this looks like uvs; not sure how to unscramble them atm:
messer_uvs.jpg
(well - done; had to subtract 1.0 from every uv value > 0.5)
Thank you! Im very impressed.
However, i can not rebuild das, with your tool. Can you tell me, which i settings exactly i have to chose to get that result? i already get corrupt data for "go2".

Also: How did you find out to subtract 1.0 for every UV value > 0.5?

Thanks!

User avatar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN
Posts: 2791
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 696 times
Been thanked: 1436 times

Re: Help with UVs

Post by shakotay2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Ginsor wrote:However, i can not rebuild das, with your tool.
with hex2obj you get the left part of the image in my previous post when pressing the 'uvs' button.

(I temporary inserted the (if (uvpos>0.5) condition) into the code to get the right part of the image.)
Also: How did you find out to subtract 1.0 for every UV value > 0.5?
it's one of those tricks you learn after having analyzed hundreds of 3D formats. :D
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

Ginsor
n00b
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Help with UVs

Post by Ginsor » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:29 pm

shakotay2 wrote:I temporary inserted the (if (uvpos>0.5) condition) into the code to get the right part of the image.)
Oh i see, so I cant rebuild it! Then I need to find a way to build an .obj for that somehow. Any idea how I could achieve that?
shakotay2 wrote:it's one of those tricks you learn after having analyzed hundreds of 3D formats. :D
Haha, I get that. Thank you, it is a very useful info.
Also, why is your count 753? Shouldnt it be 1761?

User avatar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN
Posts: 2791
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 696 times
Been thanked: 1436 times

Re: Help with UVs

Post by shakotay2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Ginsor wrote:
shakotay2 wrote:I temporary inserted the (if (uvpos>0.5) condition) into the code to get the right part of the image.)
Oh i see, so I cant rebuild it! Then I need to find a way to build an .obj for that somehow. Any idea how I could achieve that?
In hex2obj switch to ShortAll, then File / SaveAs mesh
Load the created obj file into a calculation app (Excel or so), blank as a separator , for the vt lines you should get three columns for "vt", tx and ty. Select the tx column apply a formulae which expresses the above conditon (same for ty column), save the changed table and you're done (more or less).
Also, why is your count 753? Shouldnt it be 1761?
Maybe; didn't check that. I care for the first submesh only in most cases.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

Ginsor
n00b
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: Help with UVs

Post by Ginsor » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:14 am

shakotay2 wrote:
Ginsor wrote:
shakotay2 wrote:I temporary inserted the (if (uvpos>0.5) condition) into the code to get the right part of the image.)
Oh i see, so I cant rebuild it! Then I need to find a way to build an .obj for that somehow. Any idea how I could achieve that?
In hex2obj switch to ShortAll, then File / SaveAs mesh
Load the created obj file into a calculation app (Excel or so), blank as a separator , for the vt lines you should get three columns for "vt", tx and ty. Select the tx column apply a formulae which expresses the above conditon (same for ty column), save the changed table and you're done (more or less).
Yea, I did that even before reading your post. Came to my mind as well haha, thanks! When i imported it to blender it still looked messed up tho! I will give it another try tonight when i get home, but in my first attemp the UV map in blender looked not right.
shakotay2 wrote:
Ginsor wrote:Also, why is your count 753? Shouldnt it be 1761?
Maybe; didn't check that. I care for the first submesh only in most cases.
Wait, you can see that there are submeshes inside? Sorry, Im a little lost now. For me it all looks like just one big mesh with 1761 counts for vertics and UVs.
Thanks for all your help tho! I appreciate it a lot.

Post Reply