READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Decrypted MLX Importer script modifications? help!

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Xr79
advanced

Decrypted MLX Importer script modifications? help!

Post by Xr79 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:49 am

So he has done it. HCS has created a working decryption script for the MLX files, the are now fully decrypted. and ready to be imported. I will include a download link to the complete decrypted folder of XLM's

This is not a personal project, my team is counting on me to get these files open. we are making a total conversion mod for running with rifles and need these MLX files. we are even in contact with the developers of the game. here is a link to the work in progress screenshots.

the last thing needed is a modification of the Import Valkyria 0.6 for blender that is slightly altered to work with these XLM's rather than VC 1's

We found a working MLX file while looking, this is a Valkyria chronicles 1 MLX file it does work with the script. you can see the VALWRF is very alike to the SMG in this RAR file. the byte alignment in the python script is just off slightly I think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kc38ktgowwdoa ... t.rar?dl=0

here is the archive of decrypted XLM's
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz0v27nbkhi0e ... X.rar?dl=0

Import Valkyria 0.6
import_valkyria-0.6.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Xr79 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Xr79
advanced

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 2 - RWR Mod. PSP Model help.

Post by Xr79 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:54 pm

Out dated information
Last edited by Xr79 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xr79
advanced

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 2 - RWR Mod. PSP Model help.

Post by Xr79 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:58 pm

Deleated
Last edited by Xr79 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Xr79
advanced

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 2 - .MLX File type help?

Post by Xr79 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:02 am

Outdated information
Last edited by Xr79 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Xr79
advanced

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 2 - .MLX File type help?

Post by Xr79 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:08 am

Outdated information
Last edited by Xr79 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xr79
advanced

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 2 - .MLX file decryption .py (IZCA)

Post by Xr79 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:49 am

deleted, was useless information

Xr79
advanced

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 2 - .MLX file decryption .py (IZCA)

Post by Xr79 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:50 pm

He has done it! HCS a god among men has decrypted the XLM files! the script is run through command prompt and decrypts the XLM file perfectly!
I can not extend enough thanks to this man for his work and effort to help a complete stranger with a project. i will post the script here and make sure if you download it to thank him!

Hey I noticed people downloading this file. if you do make sure you leave a post thanking HCS, this never would have happened without him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Xr79 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xr79
advanced

Re: Valkyria Chronicles 2 HCS has done it! Decryption Script

Post by Xr79 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:14 pm

I added the import Valkyria 0.6 Script by Chorrx and Gomttu to the main post.

Xr79
advanced

Post by Xr79 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Feel like i have to eat my words on that one.
Last edited by Xr79 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xr79
advanced

Post by Xr79 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:20 pm

So saddlery I've got no word back from the original creators of the XLM importer script, Chorrx or Gomttu, this isn't really their fault, and I don't blame them at all they have both been very kind and helped with past projects.
but now we have decrypted XLM files and no way to open them.
if any one here knows python we have very similar files both XLM's just one will open and one will not. hopefully someone can help update this script in order to have it open the new decrypted files.

Xr79
advanced

Post by Xr79 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:11 am

Okay so after tinkering with the blender script I get an error when i try to load the MLX file, I'm only missing a few key things here I'm so close.
Blender error.png

Xr79
advanced

Post by Xr79 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:36 am

The team and i are in dire need of help on this one, the project is at risk of failing if we can not get this import script to work, we have been on hold for weeks now, no one has been able to help or offer to help.
we need a ray of light here. plenty of people have been downloading these files without saying a thing.

We found something while looking through files we found old VC 1 MLX files that are importable by the script. we opened them in the hex editor and noticed they files are very very close to each other, i think it really is just byte alignment, here is the working MLX, you can get the decrypted MLX's above. compare the two they look identical.
MLX files working and not.rar

Karpati
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Karpati » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Xr79 wrote:the 3D object converter staff, my oh my what can I say about them. first of all they take a long time to respond to your email, their replies are short and explain nothing.
and on top of that, a team selling a product to a customer will refuse support to your file format if they. "Don't like the format"
even if it is a Binary file and you have bought the program!.
Stay away from this program and it's developers. it doesn't even support that many file formats, and it's very expensive for what it does, without support for obscure formats like the ones requested, it is not worth the price.
You wrote that to me: These looks to be simple model formats.

I wrote that to you: I don't plane to support this terrible format.

You must know there are no team behind the 3D Object Converter project. I made it in the last 17 years in my free time only, because it is my hobby only.

Interestingly, what other words did you use when I was able to solve your problem only.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16460

I'm sure you do not know anything about the 3D formats.

Xr79
advanced

Post by Xr79 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Karpati wrote:
Xr79 wrote:the 3D object converter staff, my oh my what can I say about them. first of all they take a long time to respond to your email, their replies are short and explain nothing.
and on top of that, a team selling a product to a customer will refuse support to your file format if they. "Don't like the format"
even if it is a Binary file and you have bought the program!.
Stay away from this program and it's developers. it doesn't even support that many file formats, and it's very expensive for what it does, without support for obscure formats like the ones requested, it is not worth the price.
You wrote that to me: These looks to be simple model formats.

I wrote that to you: I don't plane to support this terrible format.

You must know there are no team behind the 3D Object Converter project. I made it in the last 17 years in my free time only, because it is my hobby only.

Interestingly, what other words did you use when I was able to solve your problem only.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16460

I'm sure you do not know anything about the 3D formats.

Uh, so to me what you said in that email sounded rude. but I don't think English is your first language. I think what you were trying to say is you "can't add support for it, cause you don't understand the file type?"
I don't know I'm just guessing.

I am not a programmer, I am a 3d artist and 2d artist, and animator. i can do everything but coding.

my entire team and the RWR players are counting on me to get these MLX files open, this is not a personal project this is a team project. the rest of the team is already feeling sad that was can't do it, we are so close but so far. HCS was kind enough to decrypt the MLX files. they are ready to be open, there is Vertex and Texture data in that Binary model file.

We need to get that open at all costs.

Xr79
advanced

Re: Decrypted MLX Importer script modifications? help!

Post by Xr79 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:15 pm

Hey there, so there was a part missed at the end of the MLX files that were not decrypted, https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrk9xa3r1jara ... x.rar?dl=0

this is the fully decrypted files provided by HCS. they look nice and pretty now but still won't open.