Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Bloodborne

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Bloodborne

Post by mono24 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:34 am

dibe91 wrote:this is a problem for me
I don't think there is a game out there that exist an option to import with its internal transforms to be placed correctly in the 3D space, they're all split in to parts centered at origin no matter what.
Sometimes transforms for certain assets can be used, but for map geometry its always missing, I never understood why that is never taken in to account, in general that is, not just this game in particular.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:19 pm

mono24 wrote:I don't think there is a game out there that exist an option to import with its internal transforms to be placed correctly in the 3D space
It was done for overwatch, and i recently made it for Injustice 2. I dont see much use in such option, considering the size of modern game levels, no editor will be able to even load full levels anyway, not to mention work with it.

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mono24 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:39 pm

daemon1 wrote:It was done for overwatch, and i recently made it for Injustice 2. I dont see much use in such option, considering the size of modern game levels, no editor will be able to even load full levels anyway, not to mention work with it.
I don't think there is the need to be loaded in any 3D editor/software the whole map assets, only by region/zone would be beneficial, same way the game engine loads it, not all at once, and no matter what part is loaded/imported to always be at its initial internal transforms not centered at origin.

For example static meshes should be at least supported by default, I assume those that move or have physics in game might be a bit tricky, but even those should be placed where they originally belong in game.

It would be a game changer to at least have access to the internal transforms for any game map regardless of used engine, for modding different games, interchangeability between them and tests so on and so forth.
After all, its the main reason why we all deal with these game assets, part of the hobby per say, its the ULTIMATE DREAM for a vast majority of us.

For instance I am still going nuts looking for the frostbite internal transforms for maps and vehicles from the NFS series, the EBXs hold almost all transforms for wheel parts, I just cant find the damn map assets transforms, if you have any clues Ss to where they are located, would be AWESOME.

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 am

with dark souls I can bring a map with the meshes in the original position. I believe it is also possible in bloodborne

dropoff
veteran

Post by dropoff » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:51 pm

dibe91 wrote:with dark souls I can bring a map with the meshes in the original position. I believe it is also possible in bloodborne
Of course its possible! Just need to figure out where coordinates are stored and how. @manfightdragon from twitter even able to modify coordinates and see results in game. But you need to understand that map models in bloodborne are pretty much high-poly.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:29 pm

mono24 wrote:its the ULTIMATE DREAM for a vast majority of us.
ok then, its even easier than getting skinned meshes. Just need to apply transforms. The problem is how to represent the export.

For example, for a decent level, there will be a few thousand static models. How do you expect it to export? A few thousands of separate files? How are you going to check them when they are so many?

As for NFS, people have found the position/rotation data in FBX files for SWBF1/2. Have you checked the same place in NFS?

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:30 pm

dibe91 wrote:with dark souls I can bring a map with the meshes in the original position
And how can you bring them?
dibe91 wrote:with dark souls I can bring a map with the meshes in the original position. I believe it is also possible in bloodborne
surely its possible, but i dont have time for this.

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:21 pm

daemon1 wrote:
dibe91 wrote:with dark souls I can bring a map with the meshes in the original position
And how can you bring them?
https://forum.facepunch.com/f/fbx/qxkj/ ... #postkanci

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mono24 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:29 am

daemon1 wrote:For example, for a decent level, there will be a few thousand static models. How do you expect it to export? A few thousands of separate files? How are you going to check them when they are so many?
Lets put it this way, if I unpack the game The Crew for example, by zones it has over 900 assets ONLY for roads and terrain,
they are all split in a puzzle kind of way, they are just extracted same way they where packed, which is normal, and have a helper/bone centered at origin while the actual geometry is not, if I move the helper the geometry moves with it obviously, so all I have to do is import those over 900 manually one by one, then starting to arrange them like a puzzle then to "stitch" them together to form the roads and the terrain in between, if the max script that was created for it would read also the internal transforms, everything would be placed automatically where should, then only issue would remain to apply materials/textures manually.

And that's what I happen to work on it at the moment, importing each and one of them at a time, then arrange them accordingly then stich, so on and so forth, now when comes about buildings and other details/assets, I have no clue how to figure out where they all go, lol, and of course if in the end all look unnatural delete everything and move on to a different approach, and each approach can take between few weeks to few months, it is what it is.

Bottom line is, it does NOT matter how many thousands they all are, as long as they know where they go in the 3D space, period, its irrelevant how they are imported, even if in batch or one at the time.

Here's some samples for The Crew if you care to check and see if transforms even exist inside them, maybe you can ease up some of the work, just saying, you never know.
daemon1 wrote:As for NFS, people have found the position/rotation data in FBX files for SWBF1/2. Have you checked the same place in NFS?
The EBXs for the NFS contain the transforms for the wheels and they're parts, but NOT for roads, terrain, buildings etc etc etc to create the map as in game, maybe they are only located inside the mesh files, cause I doubt the chunks have anything.

dropoff
veteran

Post by dropoff » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:43 pm

daemon1 wrote:The problem is how to represent the export.
Maybe just create smd file with bones placed at right coordinates with model name on them. Then you can import map models that you need,change name of root bone to model name and import that file,it will apply as animation to these and place them right where they need to be placed.

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mono24 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:13 am

dropoff wrote:Maybe just create smd file with bones placed at right coordinates with model name on them. Then you can import map models that you need,change name of root bone to model name and import that file,it will apply as animation to these and place them right where they need to be placed.
That is not practical what so ever, more tedious in fact.

We only need the transforms to be read from each file individually up on import in to a 3D software, and while importing them one by one they will be placed automatically where they belong, with out the need for extra editing.

I'm sure daemon1 can get that way easier done, he's just concerned about how to import, but that shouldn't be relevant so to speak.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:50 am

this is a post about some character's skeleton. not map

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:58 am

mono24 wrote:each approach can take between few weeks to few months
ok if you're ready to import them one by one, thats not a question. When exporting IJ2, I planned to split them into parts, say, no more than 100MB each. But in the end the whole level was only about 200 or 300MB, so it was not required.
mono24 wrote:it does NOT matter how many thousands they all are
i still think it is. After importing only 1 million faces into blender, it starts to work slow, i have no idea what happen if you load all the millions that take the whole level. But ok, i can just export them, and you can try loading. I have a number of requests for different game maps, so can you tell me, what is "most wanted" game for you, and I will put it in a queue.
mono24 wrote:Here's some samples for The Crew
Checked the files, and there is no information about levels there. Only meshes, textures and materials. You need level layout files to get this information, not model files.
mono24 wrote:maybe they are only located inside the mesh files
No, they must be in EBX files. This is how game engine works. Model file is always placed at origin, all the thousands of them. Then, there is one big file (or set of files) - level layout, which lists all the instances of all meshes, and this is where individual transforms are.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:15 am

mono24 wrote:We only need the transforms to be read from each file individually
Just to make it clear, there are no global transforms in individual files.

For example there are 10 instances of particular building in the level. There is only 1 mesh file for them all. And there is a big file somewhere, which has info about all 10 with a model ID and transform for each individual building.

mono24
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by mono24 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:20 am

daemon1 wrote:so can you tell me, what is "most wanted" game for you, and I will put it in a queue.
The immensely map of the whole game The Crew (because I assume I cant pick any of the frostbite NFS game maps, it looks impossible to build a map from the dumped assets)