Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Uncharted 4 (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Assasinge
veteran

Re: Uncharted 4 (PS4)

Post by Assasinge » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:33 am

How do you copy and paste the skeleton to the model file? Confused here

fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:37 am

Assasinge wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:33 am
How do you copy and paste the skeleton to the model file? Confused here
open the smd .skel file with notepad, select all and copy.
open the smd model file with notepad, select the first 3 lines and replace them with the copied .skel, be sure there aren't spaces between what you pasted and the rest of the text.
save it, now you have the model with bones

Assasinge
veteran

Post by Assasinge » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:06 pm

Oh sweet, thanks!

Assasinge
veteran

Post by Assasinge » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:42 pm

I hope no one minds me asking just 1 last thing, how does transparency for UC4 work? There seems to be a color map for something like the eyebrows and then a seperate "trans" map for them too, how would I go about this?

fil1969
veteran

Post by fil1969 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:20 pm

Assasinge wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:42 pm
I hope no one minds me asking just 1 last thing, how does transparency for UC4 work? There seems to be a color map for something like the eyebrows and then a seperate "trans" map for them too, how would I go about this?
in photoshop open the color texture then the trans one on the trans one press ctrl+a ctrl+c , in the color one , in channels tab, create a new channel, will be called alpha1, on this new channel press ctrl+v (you pasted the previous trans map) enable all the channels and save the texture in a format that supports alpha, tga,dds,png. now you have the texture with alpha

Assasinge
veteran

Post by Assasinge » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:10 pm

Oh, pretty simple. Thanks then! Hopefully this'll help others out in the future too.

cursore
n00b

Post by cursore » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:50 pm

I'm trying to get the map tool to work with Lost Legacy. Everything is fine, but I can't seem to auto-apply the textures inside Blender. I've replaced all the .tga with .dds inside the .ascii, placed it in the texture folder, but still they don't show up. Also, normally the meshes would show up as pink to signal a missing texture, instead they are grey.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Jack13
ultra-n00b

Post by Jack13 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Hi, I tried exporting a character but when I import the files there are not weights on the rig with it's bones.
Is there something I'm doing wrong. User's have mentioned a skeleton file or something but I don't seem to see it.

What am I missing to export a character with bone weights. I can upload the files I'm trying to grab to see what I'm doing wrong.

Assasinge
veteran

Post by Assasinge » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Usually skeletons are in "character name-base" Like for example if you're lookin' for Sullivan's Auction Tuxedo, you'd find all his outfits and head, then seperately search for "Sullivan-base" or something along those lines. Then you extract the .pak for it and it will output a .smd and .ascii, open the .smd file in notepad++ and copy the entire thing, then go to your smd files for the other outfits like the head, the tuxedo etc. and paste that into the FIRST 3 LINES only. First 3 lines ok? That's it, then you hit save and it will import into Blender or whatever you use with bones and weights.

Jack13
ultra-n00b

Post by Jack13 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:04 pm

Thank you, I finally imported a character with weights and moving it with the bones.
Well now I just have to dig through the all the files to find base pak file for my specific character I want to extract since the base file is not in the same location as the other files for it.

Assasinge
veteran

Post by Assasinge » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:29 pm

It's not terribly difficult, for drake I think it uses "prison-drake-base"'s skeleton, for others it's probably the same name as the character. Lot of drake's outfits and head are just called "hero" lol.

Assasinge
veteran

Post by Assasinge » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:56 pm

cursore wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:50 pm
I'm trying to get the map tool to work with Lost Legacy. Everything is fine, but I can't seem to auto-apply the textures inside Blender. I've replaced all the .tga with .dds inside the .ascii, placed it in the texture folder, but still they don't show up. Also, normally the meshes would show up as pink to signal a missing texture, instead they are grey.

Well I just ran into this same issue as well. Trying to import the "auc-ballroom-interior" from the auction heist mission, mass replaced the tga to dds textures in the .ascii file but none of the textures are auto applied and they're already extracted, so what's the deal here?

cursore
n00b

Post by cursore » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:27 pm

Assasinge wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:56 pm
cursore wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Well I just ran into this same issue as well. Trying to import the "auc-ballroom-interior" from the auction heist mission, mass replaced the tga to dds textures in the .ascii file but none of the textures are auto applied and they're already extracted, so what's the deal here?
Same. For reference, I'm using Blender 1.79b to import the .ascii with an older XPS plugin. The importing works fine, but it doens't pick up any texture, even if I run the map tool inside the texture folder(s).

Assasinge
veteran

Post by Assasinge » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:42 am

I don't really know, the .ascii files like you said reference a nonexistent file path so I guess daemon forgot to code his tool to fix that or something. This basically means we're SOL and maps aren't actually rippable lol. Hopefully someone seeing this in the future will get the idea before they spend their precious time trying to and hit the same wall we did.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Assasinge wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:42 am
I guess daemon forgot to code his tool to fix that or something
no i didnt forget anything, map export works with all textures