Offtopic: Into Commodore 64 (6502) coding, pixeling or music?
Xentax is looking for new members for the C64 activities!
Just drop us a message at forum@xentax.com and join the Scene Team!

Forum rules: Click here

Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
User avatar
dswd2015
veteran
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by dswd2015 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:42 pm

I need help or suggestions to extract this new game from Bandai, Kamen Rider City Wars, I've never seen this type of format before. The templates are in this path "com.bandainamcoent.citywars \ files \ dl \ assets". Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cck70psan ... tywars.rar

Samples: http://www.mediafire.com/file/av1se3oia ... 0009_9.rar

Image

Image

User avatar
dswd2015
veteran
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by dswd2015 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:33 am

After much research I discovered that this new system of Bandai, "Genki Engine" is impossible to extract. The only way to get the models right now is to use Ninja Ripper.

Image

Image

sasimiv11
n00b
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:03 am
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by sasimiv11 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:31 am

What emulator program did you used? BlueStacks or nox? And did you download this Kamen rider game through qoo app or just download directly from the source? I couldn't get anything out from this game with ninja ripper through Nox emulator and I have to download game through qoo app. Thank you in advance. I am appreciate all the help from you.

User avatar
dswd2015
veteran
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by dswd2015 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:52 pm

sasimiv11 wrote:What emulator program did you used? BlueStacks or nox? And did you download this Kamen rider game through qoo app or just download directly from the source? I couldn't get anything out from this game with ninja ripper through Nox emulator and I have to download game through qoo app. Thank you in advance. I am appreciate all the help from you.

I used this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp90rbVntb0
Some tips, disable your antivirus to do the procedure, do not use the intruder inject, this works for Bluestacks too.

User avatar
Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by Bigchillghost » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Model format is simple:
kamen.jpg
Bone indices and weights are also easy to located. Should not be difficult to extract bones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

User avatar
Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by Bigchillghost » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:01 am

And the texture is in 16 bit RGB(565) format, with raw pixel data starting from 0xA4.
APL01_CO.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

User avatar
dswd2015
veteran
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by dswd2015 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:Model format is simple:
kamen.jpg
Bone indices and weights are also easy to located. Should not be difficult to extract bones.

Amazing!!! Would you explain how to do this procedure?

User avatar
dswd2015
veteran
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by dswd2015 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:50 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:And the texture is in 16 bit RGB(565) format, with raw pixel data starting from 0xA4.
APL01_CO.png

Is it possible to explain the procedure for extraction? A tutorial with description and pictures would help.

User avatar
Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by Bigchillghost » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:52 am

dswd2015 wrote: Amazing!!! Would you explain how to do this procedure?
So I guess you know little about using Hex2Obj, and lack for some basic knowledge.
If you're completely new to this area, I suggest you to learn from the basis.
See the link at my signature.

If you have any questions on any parts of the tutorial, I'd be glad to explain.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

User avatar
Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by Bigchillghost » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:18 am

dswd2015 wrote: Is it possible to explain the procedure for extraction? A tutorial with description and pictures would help.
Sure. That would be easy. Basic structure for the texture file:

Code: Select all

Offset		Type		Specification

0x8B		Long		ImageWidth
0x8F		Long		ImageHeight
0x9C		Long		RawPixelDataSize
0xA0		Bytes		RawPixelData
The pixel data actually begins at 0xA0 (= 160), not 0xA4 I mentioned earlier.
You can wrap the data with PVRTexTool like this:
WrapRawData.png
It's no a problem to write a script for conversion when you know the above info.
But with only one texture file the research might not be accurate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

User avatar
dswd2015
veteran
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by dswd2015 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:21 am

Bigchillghost wrote:
dswd2015 wrote: Amazing!!! Would you explain how to do this procedure?
So I guess you know little about using Hex2Obj, and lack for some basic knowledge.
If you're completely new to this area, I suggest you to learn from the basis.
See the link at my signature.

If you have any questions on any parts of the tutorial, I'd be glad to explain.
Thanks, I'll follow your advice and read the tutorial.

User avatar
dswd2015
veteran
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by dswd2015 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:26 am

Bigchillghost wrote:
dswd2015 wrote: Amazing!!! Would you explain how to do this procedure?
So I guess you know little about using Hex2Obj, and lack for some basic knowledge.
If you're completely new to this area, I suggest you to learn from the basis.
See the link at my signature.

If you have any questions on any parts of the tutorial, I'd be glad to explain.

I tried to understand the tutorial but it still seems very difficult, sorry for that but could you create an example based specifically on this template? My question is about the procedure in hex edit, I suppose you need to do calculations, could you help me? Thanks again.

Samples: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kndzni07i ... 0007_7.rar

User avatar
Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by Bigchillghost » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:26 am

dswd2015 wrote: I tried to understand the tutorial but it still seems very difficult
Have you read them in order? Or you skipped the background knowledge part? This is very important, without which you can't go much further.
dswd2015 wrote: could you create an example based specifically on this template?
Sorry, no time for that now.
dswd2015 wrote:My question is about the procedure in hex edit, I suppose you need to do calculations, could you help me?
Which step confused you? You only need to understand why you need to do such calculations as shown in the tutorial, and leave the rest to the calculator.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

User avatar
dswd2015
veteran
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by dswd2015 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:46 pm

Bigchillghost wrote:
dswd2015 wrote: I tried to understand the tutorial but it still seems very difficult
Have you read them in order? Or you skipped the background knowledge part? This is very important, without which you can't go much further.
dswd2015 wrote: could you create an example based specifically on this template?
Sorry, no time for that now.
dswd2015 wrote:My question is about the procedure in hex edit, I suppose you need to do calculations, could you help me?
Which step confused you? You only need to understand why you need to do such calculations as shown in the tutorial, and leave the rest to the calculator.
I read the tutorial, all the parts, until I got to the hex edit, I downloaded the sample files but I could not understand the final procedure. Sorry to take your time, do not worry, I will not ask any more questions.

User avatar
Bigchillghost
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 460 times

Re: Kamen Rider City Wars - Android

Post by Bigchillghost » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:08 pm

dswd2015 wrote: I read the tutorial, all the parts
Then simple questions: do you understand the concepts of different data types? Do you realize what hexadecimal system is?
dswd2015 wrote:Sorry to take your time, do not worry, I will not ask any more questions.
Don't get me wrong, but I have no time writing another tutorial based on another example right now coz I'm occupied with a personal project at the moment.
Actually questioning is not some annoying things, but the necessary access to learning, only if you know what to question.
dswd2015 wrote:until I got to the hex edit, I downloaded the sample files but I could not understand the final procedure.
As mentioned above, put forward specific questions so that people will know what you're actually confused about.
May you find peace in this puzzle-solving game. Say it with action: click the Image when you get helped.:)

Post Reply