Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
User avatar
Faithfullfaun
advanced
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 am
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: The Last of Us Model Viewer/Extractor (PS4)

Post by Faithfullfaun » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:44 pm

akderebur wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:41 pm
Faithfullfaun wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:59 pm
Is this possible to do with you're Uncharted 1,2,3 tool?
No, but it shouldn't be too hard to add map support. My uncharted tools need a rewrite anyway, so I might as well add map support while doing that. I can't say when I will do it though. Too many things to do, but too little time :D
No hurry :wink:
It's nice to see you updating the tools for easier use :D

gep55
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by gep55 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:18 am

Hi there,

Thanks for creating these tools, it's great to be able to get levels/characters from the game. :)

I'm currently trying to extract Marlene's hair from the file marlene-hair-cloth-tstrm.pak using the model viewer. But for some reason, only her hair tie is loaded. The actual hair itself just isn't there.

If anyone could shed some light on this problem, it would be much appreciated.

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 570 times

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by akderebur » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:38 am

gep55 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:18 am
If anyone could shed some light on this problem, it would be much appreciated.
A small bug probably. I will take a look tomorrow. Will let you know when its fixed.

gep55
ultra-n00b
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:33 pm

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by gep55 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:41 am

Thanks. That's great :up:

fil1969
veteran
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:44 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by fil1969 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:10 am

gep55 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:18 am
Hi there,

Thanks for creating these tools, it's great to be able to get levels/characters from the game. :)

I'm currently trying to extract Marlene's hair from the file marlene-hair-cloth-tstrm.pak using the model viewer. But for some reason, only her hair tie is loaded. The actual hair itself just isn't there.

If anyone could shed some light on this problem, it would be much appreciated.
I don't have problems loading marlene hair
Image

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 570 times

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by akderebur » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:09 am

fil1969 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:10 am
I don't have problems loading marlene hair
He meant using the new TLOUViewer. The old one loads it.
gep55 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:41 am
Thanks. That's great :up:
I have fixed it and updated the download link in the first post.

The problem is that the hair has no primary uv set. The uv is defined as secondary (compared to other models), and the tool was skipping the mesh entirely since it was seen as having no uvs. Now it will be loaded fine. Still I didn't want to change the logic entirely for couple of exceptional meshes. So the first uv channel of the hair mesh will be empty. Correct uvs will be in UV2 channel.

User avatar
Faithfullfaun
advanced
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 am
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by Faithfullfaun » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:56 am

I found something weird when browsing the map files using the TLOUMapViewer and found this when looking at the suburbs map Image
Looks like the vertices is broken in some parts?
I don't know if it's just me or does anyone have the same issue?

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 570 times

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by akderebur » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:07 pm

Faithfullfaun wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:56 am
Looks like the vertices is broken in some parts?
With maps it might be hard to guess just by looking at the geometry. Might be something that has transparency textures, so the geometry looks weird or it might be a out of map (considering ingame bounds) part.

Better view it with the material and check the mesh name as a hint to what it should look like.

User avatar
Faithfullfaun
advanced
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:12 am
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by Faithfullfaun » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:21 pm

Ok i will take a look when i get home

ImEnFuego
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:14 am

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by ImEnFuego » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:05 pm

Is there any chance of a tool update for TLOU 2? [bruce]

akderebur
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
Posts: 503
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 am
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 570 times

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by akderebur » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 pm

ImEnFuego wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:05 pm
Is there any chance of a tool update for TLOU 2?
Nope. I don't have the game files.

connorukboy
n00b
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by connorukboy » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:31 pm

itll be great to see a tool for tlou2, i know these things can take a few months after the games release. i think tlou2 uses same engine as uncharted 4. wonder if anyone will upload a tool soon

wthisme
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by wthisme » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:03 am

akderebur wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 pm
ImEnFuego wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:05 pm
Is there any chance of a tool update for TLOU 2?
Nope. I don't have the game files.
Bro I can send you the PKG file of Last Of Us 2, but I only have the official PKG file, which requires a passcode to extract it, I don’t know what the passcode is. Maybe it’s the same as Uncharted 4? because they use the same engine.

connorukboy
n00b
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by connorukboy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:29 pm

wthisme wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:03 am
akderebur wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 pm
ImEnFuego wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:05 pm
Is there any chance of a tool update for TLOU 2?
Nope. I don't have the game files.
Bro I can send you the PKG file of Last Of Us 2, but I only have the official PKG file, which requires a passcode to extract it, I don’t know what the passcode is. Maybe it’s the same as Uncharted 4? because they use the same engine.
do you get the file from opening tlou2 ps4 disc in pc?

wthisme
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:04 pm

Re: The Last of Us Model/Animation Tools (PS4)

Post by wthisme » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:51 am

connorukboy wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:29 pm
wthisme wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:03 am
akderebur wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 pm


Nope. I don't have the game files.
Bro I can send you the PKG file of Last Of Us 2, but I only have the official PKG file, which requires a passcode to extract it, I don’t know what the passcode is. Maybe it’s the same as Uncharted 4? because they use the same engine.
do you get the file from opening tlou2 ps4 disc in pc?
I have the pkg file of last of us 2, but cannot open and extract the file to get animation, sounds etc, because it is encrypted.

Post Reply