Animation Tool (Early support)
I am releasing a new version of the model tool. It has material support like the map tool, and also lot of bug fixes.
How to use
- PAK: Loads models (skinned) in selected PAK file.
- Textures will be applied automatically if they are in the same folder. For exporting textures use TLOU Texture Editor
- If the skeleton is found inside the pak file it will be loaded. If not, another file selection will appear for choosing the skeleton PAK file. (optional)
- You can load multiple models. Everything will stay until you clear the scene.
- NUX: Exports the model in custom binary format (.nux), intended to be loaded by Noesis. Noesis script for this format : NUX Script
- Models will the grouped by their original PAK file. So separate NUX for every PAK.
- Like with the tool, the textures need to be in same folder as NUX, for Noesis to load them.
- Note : Models will be exported into the folder Export.
I can't stress enough that the animation support is very limited. Still it can get some animations fine, so I wanted to release it as a test version. I don't know when I will be able to "perfect" it. Better release a limited version than keep it in development forever
This means that you don't need report broken/missing animations, as you will probably encounter quite a few. I will try to resolve them as I have the time to work on the tool.
How to use
- NUX: Loads models in selected NUX file. This is the exported model that you get from TLOUViewer.
- Textures will be applied automatically if they are in the same folder. Only diffuse texture as this is just for preview purposes. (optional)
- You can't load multiple models.
- Animation (PAK/STM):Loads animations inside the selected PAK or STM files.
- You can cycle through animations using left/right arrow keys.
- Note : If you are not seeing any animations being played after selecting the PAK file, there may be two reasons. You have selected a wrong animation file, meaning the animations doesn't match with the model loaded (most likely reason). Or none of the animations in that file are supported (less likely).
- NUX: Exports the animation in custom binary format (.nux), intended to be loaded by Noesis. Noesis script for this format : NUX Script
- Note : Animations will be exported into the folder Export.
If you are also interested in getting the textures, check out my texture tool : TLOU Texture Editor
daemon1 - for figuring out all of the model data and explaining it really well with videos
luxox18 - for finding out data manually, so that I can use them as a reference