Mafia 3 models tool

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1785
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 1257 times

Mafia 3 models tool

Post by daemon1 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Mafia 3 models tool
All bodies and clothes are stored in separate SDS files. You can combine them all you want.

Characters are stored in /combinables/ dir, extract them with this script. It will not work with all SDS, so maybe Luigi will improve the script.
After extracting, you'll get many DDS files, and some .DAT files, most of which are models. Drop .DAT files on this tool and it will produce .ascii and .smd formats. Note that only SMD heads and panties contain skeletons, so you must connect the other parts to the same skeleton.

ImageImage

The current version will also work with weapons, cars, and even some map props, but car skeletons will be broken in most cases, because I need to implement bone remapping.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by daemon1 on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1785
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 1257 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by daemon1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:24 pm

Testing different clothes working with skeletons.

Image

nampukkk
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:34 pm
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by nampukkk » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:46 pm

daemon1 wrote:Testing different clothes working with skeletons.

Image

Decoding your work really well . you ues Blander 3D work?.
It is very complete

King Shady
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:01 pm

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by King Shady » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Nice job, when do you upload the tool.
Can you upload the headmodel of lincoln for me ?
I've got his texture already an did an retexture.
But i want to see the new texture on the model.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1785
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 1257 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by daemon1 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:52 pm

I posted it on another site yesterday. But I want to make a few improvements before posting here. Had no time today for that.

JimmyJ
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 am
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by JimmyJ » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:13 pm

daemon1 wrote:I posted it on another site yesterday. But I want to make a few improvements before posting here. Had no time today for that.
awesome, I will waiting:)

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1785
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 1257 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by daemon1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:57 pm

ok tool posted. I had no time to fix the cars, so maybe later.

JimmyJ
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 am
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by JimmyJ » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:30 pm

daemon1 wrote:ok tool posted. I had no time to fix the cars, so maybe later.
awesome, thank you:)
which tool or script I need to use for importing to 3d max?

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran
Posts: 1785
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 1257 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by daemon1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:57 pm

i dont have max

JimmyJ
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 am
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by JimmyJ » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:32 pm

daemon1 wrote:i dont have max
which tool do you use for importing?
and which script?

ssringo
veteran
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:02 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by ssringo » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:51 pm

JimmyJ wrote:
daemon1 wrote:i dont have max
which tool do you use for importing?
and which script?
I haven't had the chance to try the tool out but he says in the OP it kicks out smd and ascii files. You should be able to Google a working smd importer for your version of Max. Alternatively, Noesis either loads smd by default or you can look for an smd plugin (i can't remember which) and use it to convert to something like fbx which Max should import just fine.

Ascii format has scripts for blender mostly. The 2.49 version being a long time mainstay but there are also versions for newer Blender releases. The Max scripts I've seen aren't as good.

JimmyJ
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 am
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by JimmyJ » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:01 pm

ssringo wrote:
JimmyJ wrote:
daemon1 wrote:i dont have max
which tool do you use for importing?
and which script?
I haven't had the chance to try the tool out but he says in the OP it kicks out smd and ascii files. You should be able to Google a working smd importer for your version of Max. Alternatively, Noesis either loads smd by default or you can look for an smd plugin (i can't remember which) and use it to convert to something like fbx which Max should import just fine.

Ascii format has scripts for blender mostly. The 2.49 version being a long time mainstay but there are also versions for newer Blender releases. The Max scripts I've seen aren't as good.
oh thanks, I will try it with Noesis

JimmyJ
n00b
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 am
Has thanked: 5 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by JimmyJ » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:59 pm

I cant find where is lashes and eyepart texture location...

User avatar
tpcrew
beginner
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by tpcrew » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:25 pm

Great! thanks

nampukkk
ultra-n00b
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:34 pm
Has thanked: 7 times

Re: Mafia 3 models tool

Post by nampukkk » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:07 pm

thank you for converter file .
bms have a problem to some texture .
but thanks :keke: :keke:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Reply