The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
gep55
advanced

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by gep55 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:31 pm

Just tried to Unpack Iana using this (241085404837) ID and got this error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\scripts\dump_asset.py", line 89, in <module>
result = processor(asset_dir, forge, child_uid, index)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\scripts\dump_asset.py", line 39, in process_mesh
mesh = r6s.mesh.Mesh(r)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\r6s\mesh\__init__.py", line 238, in __init__
IslandSkinMapping.parse(r) for _ in range(self.num_islands)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\r6s\mesh\__init__.py", line 238, in <listcomp>
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\r6s\mesh\__init__.py", line 134, in parse
self.x108 = ruint32(r)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\binstream.py", line 34, in ruint32
return upk('I', r.read(4))[0]
struct.error: unpack requires a buffer of 4 bytes

Also, many items were 'unresolved' during extraction.

Custard
beginner

Post by Custard » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:42 pm

floxay wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:19 pm
I've not seen anybody talking about normal data but that doesnt look correct to me, or you guys just 'fixed' them somehow in blender/maya etc after importing?

what I'm doing rn is merge double verts and use weighted normal data modifier but its far from perfect, but looks "more correct"
I have noticed that some incorrect split edges seem to occur. Some spots are broken out separately in places that don't make sense to have a sharp edge. The normals seemed mostly okay once the normal map texture is applied, but in some lighting can still be noticed. If merging doubles is not correct to use, then it needs a more manual fix of the mesh, and it promises a headache for any rigging and weighting (as you can see this happening right on a shoulder).

JakeMiles wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:17 pm
Tushkan

Here archive with a blend file and asset files : https://dropmefiles.com/JTBtG
To be honest, I think you just didn't receive diffuse texture for that shirt. This may be related to the case of missing texture4 textures, some things may be hiding from us mysteriously.

Also I extracted large amounts of textures, and outfits actually tend to be together numerically. If I scroll through there are chunks of textures that have come out as simply black images. I can see where the pants and the arms for IQ elite outfit are, and they have two black images next to it, 44947786929 and 44947786970. I don't know if that is meaningful, maybe failing to interpret those textures.

gep55 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:31 pm
Just tried to Unpack Iana using this (241085404837) ID and got this error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\scripts\dump_asset.py", line 89, in <module>
result = processor(asset_dir, forge, child_uid, index)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\scripts\dump_asset.py", line 39, in process_mesh
mesh = r6s.mesh.Mesh(r)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\r6s\mesh\__init__.py", line 238, in __init__
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\r6s\mesh\__init__.py", line 238, in <listcomp>
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\r6s\mesh\__init__.py", line 134, in parse
self.x108 = ruint32(r)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\binstream.py", line 34, in ruint32
return upk('I', r.read(4))[0]
struct.error: unpack requires a buffer of 4 bytes

Also, many items were 'unresolved' during extraction.
I have gotten that error and just ran the same script again and didn't get it. (: Bunch of things being unresolved is usual.

Edit: Also a little thing about Iana that I remembered, the diffuse textured seemed broken, like greyed out. If you look under unconfirmed on my list you'll see textures listed for Iana and those ones actually had good colors, I left it under unconfirmed because it was just a thumbnail I seen, hopfully it helps.

JakeMiles
advanced

Post by JakeMiles » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:14 pm

Custard

Ok, thanks for the reply, and i don't have textures4 i don't install ultra pack currently, just standart game with textures3. :)
4K pack worth it, i just beware installing it of it, may cause bugs with export, or you investingate it and nothing sirious to beware?

gep55
advanced

Post by gep55 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 pm

ID List. I'll update this as I find more.

Mira elite Head Mesh - 202726047383

Melusi Head Mesh +Ace whole body mesh - 264139704669

216597865597: Ela Elite head, Asset.

97886035065:Ela Elite Body, mesh. Has two body mesh variations.

167029285117:Hibana Elite Body, Asset.
167029285896:Hibana Elite Body, Asset, less gear, maybe lower poly?

for Hibana Elite Head I used Custard's recommendation. Many thanks to them :)
167029278598: Hibana face, Elite skin, texture
Last edited by gep55 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:40 am, edited 7 times in total.

gep55
advanced

Post by gep55 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:12 pm

Also, for anyone wondering, the black textures are not corrupted, they just show up as black in the windows pic preview due to having a completely transparent alpha channel.

Go into Gimp/Photoshop to remove it.
Last edited by gep55 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gep55
advanced

Post by gep55 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 pm

Just tried dumping the HD archive and didn't get any exported textures using the default filters. Maybe there are no HD character textures?

floxay
beginner

Post by floxay » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:56 pm

gep55 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:12 pm
Also, for anyone wondering, the black textures are not corrupted, they just show up as black in the windows pic preview due to having a completely transparent alpha channel.

alpha is a texture map in some diffuse textures, don't remove it?

Also, thanks Tushkan for the reply :)

gep55
advanced

Post by gep55 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:33 pm

floxay wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:56 pm
gep55 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:12 pm

alpha is a texture map in some diffuse textures, don't remove it?

Also, thanks Tushkan for the reply :)
Good point, thanks.

BTW, if anyone has created a decent eye shader, would they mind sharing the nodes setup as a .blend file? I've very little experience with nodes.

Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:49 am

gap55 I'm pretty sure you downloaded ultra textures pack and didn't force the cache to generate again ) This cache is built by scanning all forges and getting basic data about files from them. You generated it before downloading ultra textures so script doesn't have any info about new files. Rebuild that cache and it should find new textures next time you dump.

floxray yes, alpha is used depending on shader. For heads it seems to store subsurface scattering mask.

Custard broken patches are actually a common thing for game models. Blender or maya can store split normals per one vertex while games can't. Game engines store basically 1 vert with it's position, normal, tangent and uv(s). If you have a cut on uv or a split normal, there is no way to fit both values per vertex so those vertices get duplicated and split. If you want to merge those holes and keep the look identical, you should:
1. copy a backup of that mesh
2. merge and smooth original mesh
3. transfer normals from original mesh
I don't personally think it's of much importance personally.

Edit: And please, follow the guidelines from scripts/README.md on how to post found uids. It will eat up my time trying to figure out what uids I'm dealing with if they aren't properly marked.
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0

gep55
advanced

Post by gep55 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:19 am

Tushkan wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:49 am
gap55 I'm pretty sure you downloaded ultra textures pack and didn't force the cache to generate again ) This cache is built by scanning all forges and getting basic data about files from them. You generated it before downloading ultra textures so script doesn't have any info about new files. Rebuild that cache and it should find new textures next time you dump.

floxray yes, alpha is used depending on shader. For heads it seems to store subsurface scattering mask.

Custard broken patches are actually a common thing for game models. Blender or maya can store split normals per one vertex while games can't. Game engines store basically 1 vert with it's position, normal, tangent and uv(s). If you have a cut on uv or a split normal, there is no way to fit both values per vertex so those vertices get duplicated and split. If you want to merge those holes and keep the look identical, you should:
1. copy a backup of that mesh
2. merge and smooth original mesh
3. transfer normals from original mesh
I don't personally think it's of much importance personally.

Edit: And please, follow the guidelines from scripts/README.md on how to post found uids. It will eat up my time trying to figure out what uids I'm dealing with if they aren't properly marked.
Thanks :) I'll try re-generating the cache, but I'm 99% sure that I already had the HD pack installed when I first generated it. By the way, do you want new UIDs post in new posts, or keep all the ones found in a single post that gets updated?

Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:50 am

Better go with new posts so I don't have to crawl across the whole thread. Just try to dump those in batches and not 1-by-1.
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0

gep55
advanced

Post by gep55 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:58 am

216597865597: Ela Elite head, Asset.
97886035065:Ela Elite Body, mesh. Has two body mesh variations.

167029275547:Hibana Elite Body, Asset.

for Hibana Elite Head I used Custard's recommendation. Many thanks to them :)
167029278598: Hibana face, Elite skin, texture
Last edited by gep55 on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Custard
beginner

Post by Custard » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:48 pm

JakeMiles wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:14 pm
Custard

Ok, thanks for the reply, and i don't have textures4 i don't install ultra pack currently, just standart game with textures3. :)
4K pack worth it, i just beware installing it of it, may cause bugs with export, or you investingate it and nothing sirious to beware?
Using the textures4 doesn't cause any problems, and will give the higher resolution normal and tertiary textures. However, despite expectations, I haven't gotten a single higher res diffuse textures from it. I know your problem is not related to textures4 forges, but I note it has the same symptoms; You got the normals and channel packed textures for the shirt, but diffuse missing for no good reason.

By default the texture search filters only pick out diffuse textures so this sounds like the problem gep is having. If you can't get any diffuse textures from textures4 gep, that is the same as my experience.

The black images I spoke of do seem to be empty of data, not just thumbnail issue. I took some in Photoshop and split the channels, inspected them closely, could not find anything but 100% transparency. There is probably hundreds of these textures in my dump of 2K by 2K size, here is what some patches look like:

For the eye shader, I did not solve it. I added in some other eyes and considered it an upgrade, Siege eyes do not impress with good looks. (:
If there is demand for eye asset I could share them, but they are only really made for Cycles rendering (Shader is old and involved).

Tushkan, thanks for clarifying that, and if you want to say how you like this format I will be receptive. I based mine on your readme, and a bit of my own idea, as follows:

# Commented everything among the list that's not a UID
UID: Title, extra description, data type

Include two commas even if I didn't have an extra description to put, for delimiting purpose.
Use | as a seperator if wanted
Avoid use character like '

So... 243468289335: DP-27 | Tachanka LMG, weapon body without mag, mesh
Opposed to... 243468289335: DP-27, Tachanka's LMG, weapon body without mag, mesh

Some consideration for human reading, some for script reading.

Also I haven't been recording any UID of asset folder, because I haven't found any one that works. They don't return me anything when used with dump_asset. Just tried one again as gep listed (167029285117:Hibana Elite Body, Asset), no result is extracted. Anyone can report otherwise?

gep55
advanced

Post by gep55 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:00 pm

Yeah, I did get Hibana's elite body extracted, but it seems the number got mixed up. I'll post the real one here when I find it again.

As for textures4, I haven't been able to get anything at all from it so far.

gep55
advanced

Post by gep55 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:05 am

Hibana Elite Body Correct UID - 167029275547