The rules have been updated, read them now: Rules!

Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Custard
beginner

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Custard » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:06 am

floxay wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:30 am
Inverted G, i'm not sure if it's correct 🤷
actually i know my nodes are not correct but looks okayish :d
Thanks, it's interesting to consider. I like the effects it has on several materials, but found one that it doesn't agree with; there is an important pattern on Aruni's shirt that's defined entirely by the specular, which gets cancelled out. Hmm, I'll continue to be uncertain as well.

floxay
beginner

Post by floxay » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:37 am

Custard wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:06 am
Thanks, it's interesting to consider. I like the effects it has on several materials, but found one that it doesn't agree with; there is an important pattern on Aruni's shirt that's defined entirely by the specular, which gets cancelled out. Hmm, I'll continue to be uncertain as well.

I don't think those are visible in-game at all, at least I don't recall seeing those on Aruni's model anywhere else but her artwork, I wouldn't be surprised if even the guys at Ubi don't know how their materials work, a few models are using outdated textures, those are COMPLETELY broken in-game..

SChopper
ultra-n00b

Post by SChopper » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:26 pm

hello guys, I'm new here and i would like to help..

what software you using to rip? i have been ripping models from other games on unreal engine 4

Custard
beginner

Post by Custard » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:33 am

floxay wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:37 am
I don't think those are visible in-game at all, at least I don't recall seeing those on Aruni's model anywhere else but her artwork, I wouldn't be surprised if even the guys at Ubi don't know how their materials work, a few models are using outdated textures, those are COMPLETELY broken in-game..
Ah, you're right. I checked the appearance in the game menu, and the right example with G as glossiness looks more correct to that, the pattern is nearly invisible. Maybe we are putting more thought into their materials than they do. (:

Though Tushkan, if you're doing the shader dumping thing I'm still more interested than ever. In looking at some non-default skins I noticed one of the tactics they tend to use is to make the diffuse texture grey-scale, and re-color it via the shader itself (using the masks for color separation). Either partially with the aid of tileables (I.e seasonals like neon dawn), or fully with flat colors, and use the greyscale diffuse in an overlay configuration to bring detail back in. It's like lazy mode for low effort skins, but I've seen this in a higher-effort skin too, the ornamental one, which has a bunch of bespoke diffuses but just for some of the harness straps it's greyscale to be colored by shader. Without actual information from their shader we can only eyeball the colors in those cases.
SChopper wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:26 pm
hello guys, I'm new here and i would like to help..

what software you using to rip? i have been ripping models from other games on unreal engine 4
We are using some loose python code and some supporting applications to do it, the link is in Tushkan's signature with instructions.

darthme
ultra-n00b

Post by darthme » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:28 am

Custard wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:15 am
Tushkan wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:17 pm
Try not to check for that specific magic, but rather collect all possible magics. Create a set() and add to it all magics you find. Pdeudocode:

Code: Select all

magics = set()
with r6s.forge.parse(your_forge) as f:
    magics = magics | set(x.file_type for x in f.names)
print(magics)
Chances are they have another container that we've missed.
Setup and ran this method now on half dozen forges, it only reports back the single UID. I'm out of ideas for that. :scaredy:

I have been putting together Aruni, since I found her whole on basically the first time I searched (I've been saving a list of UIDs to share, but it's just two things right now). I've been pondering on the textures, I got the impression the blue channel is an AO texture and came up with what you can see below, using it in sRGB color space on purpose. That's before I thought to looked at Tushkan's shader. My confidence is not 100% on this. However in defense of it, I was comparing to the in-game character to see if I was getting similar reflectivity, and that brushed metal around Aruni's knee is very shiny and metallic in-game, and this is one of the few uses that preserves that. Using the blue channel as some sort of roughness seems to conflict with that, using it as a glossiness seems to make everything too shiny.

Edit: Btw Jake, about the diffuse textures, they can have slight areas of transparency which can can cause discoloration. If you aren't expecting that it can cause you headaches when it happens, making us thinking the shader is wrong or the lighting is wrong instead. It seems to be related to their subsurf, I haven't worked out that yet.
What's aruni's uuid?

seraphiel71
ultra-n00b

Post by seraphiel71 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:07 pm

Hello, any advice on exporting textures. I managed to get the meshes for the dokkaebi elite skin except the eyes. How do i go on about making it search in different forges? I tried to change the name of
forge_name = 'datapc64_merged_bnk_textures3.forge'

to like

forge_name = 'datapc64_merged_bnk_textures2.forge'

didn't really work. I also increased the stop to stop=10000 to get more textures.

Also tried changing the value of tex.tex_type != 0. still doesn't seem to work. Have read the notepad of the .pys multiple times and can't seem to crack a way to get her textures. I was only able to get 1 basic diffuse by just running the default roam_textures.py.

darthme
ultra-n00b

Post by darthme » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:52 am

seraphiel71 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:07 pm
Hello, any advice on exporting textures. I managed to get the meshes for the dokkaebi elite skin except the eyes. How do i go on about making it search in different forges? I tried to change the name of
forge_name = 'datapc64_merged_bnk_textures3.forge'

to like

forge_name = 'datapc64_merged_bnk_textures2.forge'

didn't really work. I also increased the stop to stop=10000 to get more textures.

Also tried changing the value of tex.tex_type != 0. still doesn't seem to work. Have read the notepad of the .pys multiple times and can't seem to crack a way to get her textures. I was only able to get 1 basic diffuse by just running the default roam_textures.py.
I'm pretty sure it checks the other forges. The workflow seems to be
Find Assets -> Using the uuid of your chosen assets use dump_asset.py to download relevant textures.
My understanding is that it automatically searches through linked dependecy textures.
"Now, copy it's filename (it's UID). Open dump_asset.py and paste UID into a UID variable. Run script.

What it will do is it will search for any assets that have this item as a dependency. It will create a folder assets/*asset_uid*, and dump all it's texture and mesh dependencies there."

darthme
ultra-n00b

Post by darthme » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:07 am

AYYYY I finished the Dokkabi Elite! (264139768986 Head, 264139769111 Body)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gut3fh ... sp=sharing

darthme
ultra-n00b

Post by darthme » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:11 am

gep55 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:31 pm
Just tried to Unpack Iana using this (241085404837) ID and got this error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\scripts\dump_asset.py", line 89, in <module>
result = processor(asset_dir, forge, child_uid, index)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\scripts\dump_asset.py", line 39, in process_mesh
mesh = r6s.mesh.Mesh(r)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\r6s\mesh\__init__.py", line 238, in __init__
IslandSkinMapping.parse(r) for _ in range(self.num_islands)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\r6s\mesh\__init__.py", line 238, in <listcomp>
IslandSkinMapping.parse(r) for _ in range(self.num_islands)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\r6s\mesh\__init__.py", line 134, in parse
self.x108 = ruint32(r)
File "C:\SiegeUnpack\Tools\binstream.py", line 34, in ruint32
return upk('I', r.read(4))[0]
struct.error: unpack requires a buffer of 4 bytes

Also, many items were 'unresolved' during extraction.
Happened to me too, It also took an unusually long time to run, compared to other models. I think it might have been trying to export just too much data and it ran out of memory in the buffer or something

floxay
beginner

Post by floxay » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:23 am

darthme wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:11 am
Happened to me too, It also took an unusually long time to run, compared to other models. I think it might have been trying to export just too much data and it ran out of memory in the buffer or something
It exports a lot of headgears and other skins for Iana as well not just the default ones that's why it takes so long.

darthme
ultra-n00b

Post by darthme » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:27 am

Yea it looks like it exported The Stadium Maps and Skins (uuid: 290915039218)

I wish there was a way to arrange blender files so that everything gets its unique place

Also has someone made a script that automatically textures everything, this is seriously tedious

seraphiel71
ultra-n00b

Post by seraphiel71 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:01 am

Seems to work now, I guess i was using the wrong UID for dokkaebi :( thank you for the reply, means a lot

Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:37 pm

An important announcement!
In recent reveal trailer Ubi mentions they are reworking textures storage to a more efficent one. I'm pretty sure it's going to break my scripts. So BACKUP an existing forges archive to be able to rip at least Y5S4 models. I honestly don't know when I'm going to be able to rewrite those to support new stuff.
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0

JakeMiles
advanced

Post by JakeMiles » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:03 pm

Tushkan Thanks that are good info, for people who want use your scripts!

Tushkan
veteran

Post by Tushkan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:25 am

If someone has time and enthusiasm for it, he\she could grab R6S test server client and try ripping something from it using same scripts. If it works then chances are they are going to rewrite textures later this year. If scripts fail, that means reversing is to be done from scratch on those types of data.
Rainbow 6 Siege forge unpacking tool:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2cuse4hp90y ... qTfja?dl=0