Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Bioshock infinite animations (morpheme)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Bioshock infinite animations (morpheme)

Post by daemon1 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:04 pm

After making tools for Overwatch & Black Ops III animations, I decided to try something really hard. So this is the tool for Morpheme animations from Bioshock infinite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBG65TvtucY

How to use it:

1. extract .morphemeanimset and .morphemeanimsequence files from package with gildor's extract tool
2. use bsi_anim tool on .morphemeanimsequence files to convert animations to .SMD
- Use batch command to convert all files at once (for %a in (*.morpheme*) do bsi_anim "%a")
- animsets are needed for skeleton structure and initial pose, so keep them as they are, in a root folder for each animation set.
3. load the corresponding model into editor, load and apply SMD animation to it.
- animations in UE3 are left-handed, so you need to mirror the model or the animation before applying it.

Important notes and restrictions:
- animation type 2 not supported (usually used for short or very simple animations)
- spline rotations not supported (haven't seen any of this type yet)
- in some files you may encounter interpolation problems. I have to time to fix it properly yet, so for now you can add extra parameter to the command line, and this will turn time-expanding off, this will fix the issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

artmancarver
n00b

Re: Bioshock infinite animations (morpheme)

Post by artmancarver » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:01 pm

Holy shit, i never tought i see the day when Morpheme got decoded. This is awesome!

Do you think you can take a look at Enslaved Odyssey to the West? It's simmilar to Bioshock Infinite with Unreal Engine 3 and Morpheme.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:13 pm

artmancarver wrote:Do you think you can take a look at Enslaved Odyssey to the West?
Maybe. I can look at some examples, if you have them. Maybe they are not even different from bioshock.

artmancarver
n00b

Post by artmancarver » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:51 am

daemon1 wrote:
artmancarver wrote:Do you think you can take a look at Enslaved Odyssey to the West?
Maybe. I can look at some examples, if you have them. Maybe they are not even different from bioshock.
Just tell me what kind of examples do you need and i will upload them somewhere.

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:09 pm

.morphemeanimset and .morphemeanimsequence files

artmancarver
n00b

Post by artmancarver » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:26 pm

Ok, here is an archive, PC version of the game. I included: 1 .morphemeanimset, 6 .morphemeanimsequence, a skeletal mesh of a model that is associated with those animations. Also in binaries folder there was a lot of develpments stuff, i included a various executables and dll's. those seems to be a part of morpheme SDK, tought they would be useful to you. I can drop the entire binaries folder if you want.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfvydg8dzly7k ... f.zip?dl=0

daemon1
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by daemon1 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:38 am

These files look too much different from bioshock morpheme version. To make this work, I need to start it all from scratch. I don't have time for this now.

artmancarver
n00b

Post by artmancarver » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:39 am

daemon1 wrote:These files look too much different from bioshock morpheme version. To make this work, I need to start it all from scratch. I don't have time for this now.
Ok i understand. Thanks for taking time to look at it.

Thanks for making Bioshock Infinite animations working, that's a huge thing on its own regardless!