Running a Noesis Python Script

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
IAmTheClayman
n00b

Running a Noesis Python Script

Post by IAmTheClayman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:10 pm

I recognize this is a very simple question but it's one I can't solve, possibly because I'm trying to wrap my head around too many things at once and possibly because my Pythong scripts actually don't show up in the file explorer when I'm running Noesis. How do you actually run one of these Python scripts? Do you just select it from inside Noesis or do you have to run it from the Python IDE on the command line?

Gh0stBlade

Re: Running a Noesis Python Script

Post by Gh0stBlade » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:21 am

IAmTheClayman wrote:I recognize this is a very simple question but it's one I can't solve, possibly because I'm trying to wrap my head around too many things at once and possibly because my Pythong scripts actually don't show up in the file explorer when I'm running Noesis. How do you actually run one of these Python scripts? Do you just select it from inside Noesis or do you have to run it from the Python IDE on the command line?
You must place the python plugins in the folder: Noesis/Plugins/Python. Noesis automatically loads all C++/Python modules upon initialisation. Noesis executes plugins based on file extensions. If you open a file with an extension that matches a specific module all code will be executed. You do not manually select which Python scripts you wish to run.

Also moving this thread as it's not a tutorial.

Cheers.
Click the thanks button if I helped!