Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

[PC] Dark Souls III model import maxscript

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
completenoob
beginner

Re: [PC] Dark Souls III model import maxscript

Post by completenoob » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:44 pm

Thank you kindly sir! It would be much appreciated if you were to finish the script! In the meanwhile (probably during the weekend/next week) I'll post some other models to take you up on that offer :) Have a great weekend mate and thank you once again!

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:22 am

zaramot wrote:Yeah, I have modified script I posted earlier, not finished though, models in Dark Sould, unfortunatelly disapointed me. Don't like the design and proportions, not for my taste, so I lost interest. Though, if you people need models from DS2 PC much I could finish it, not too long and not to hard. Just post some characters extracted, with theit .hkx files too.
thanks for your time! I hope it will end as soon as possible! moreover, there are also problems with the ds script 3. I tried it with nameless king but I always find the bones in the feet detached from the rest!

TehDave
advanced

Post by TehDave » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:26 am

Would definitely be interested in seeing an updated script for 2. I want to export out the maps and get cleaner versions of the unused geometry with all the parts in the proper place. Someone ripped the unused geometry previously but half the stuff is out of place because it didn't rip the bones or weights, which is, I'm assuming, why there's a lot of stuff stuck in the origin of the mesh.

zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:59 pm

Guys, please don't use names like - nameless king, soul of cinder, abyss watcher etc. When talking about models from Dark Souls games. I never played any of it lol I have no idea which model it is. Please use names like c6191 and so on, like they are in game files. Thanks

P.S. You can upload "nameless king" model, I'll take a look what's wrong with this one
Making model-import scripts, PM

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:09 pm

zaramot wrote:Guys, please don't use names like - nameless king, soul of cinder, abyss watcher etc. When talking about models from Dark Souls games. I never played any of it lol I have no idea which model it is. Please use names like c6191 and so on, like they are in game files. Thanks

P.S. You can upload "nameless king" model, I'll take a look what's wrong with this one
sorry, it's just that it seemed easier than trying the code name also because it takes more time to search for it.

zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:19 pm

I understand, so I guess it could be a solution for anyone who's interested in DS models. Just when importing any model and having errors with it, note it's file name in notepad for example (their names like they appears after extraction) :) Then, you can just post names here and I will check their errors (and if I don't have some of models, I can ask you about them) I don't have DS games (lol many games I made scripts for aha ha), so I can't extract all content and try them all with a script, so basically all files I have - kindly provided by all of you, xentax users!

completenoob
beginner

Post by completenoob » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:28 pm

I will try to research a bit because I can't seem to find it right now but I know there was a list somewhere that had the file names of all the characters, weapons and armor from DS1 and DS2. I'll keep unloading characters for DS2 for you to keep improving on that script :-P regardless, ypi have to tell me how you did that so well and so fast. When I used your script on c6191 I had to cheat the script by changing the file extension from flv to flver and there was geometry missing and completely messes up uvs. Plus that convertion of textures from the native DS extension to dds was incredibly fast. You couldn't have done that alignement of uvs plus convertion etc so fast without scripting I assume? Anyway I'll keep uploading models for DS2. My hats off to you sir!

TokiChan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TokiChan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:56 am

zaramot wrote:Guys, please don't use names like - nameless king, soul of cinder, abyss watcher etc. When talking about models from Dark Souls games. I never played any of it lol I have no idea which model it is. Please use names like c6191 and so on, like they are in game files. Thanks

Here are finally fixed/converted Nameless King with him's dragon [roll]
http://fav.me/daby07h
If need, I can port him into .obj
http://tokami-fuko.deviantart.com/
Extracted, converted, rigged models :)
Skyrim, Witcher 3, Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Doom 3, random dragons

TokiChan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TokiChan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:57 am

dibe91 wrote:

sorry, it's just that it seemed easier than trying the code name also because it takes more time to search for it.
Was converted Nameless King with Stormlord http://fav.me/daby07h

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:52 am

TokiChan wrote:
dibe91 wrote:

Was converted Nameless King with Stormlord http://fav.me/daby07h

I do not want that model. I want to import it directly on 3d studio max so it's easier for me to do what I need.

TokiChan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TokiChan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:11 am

dibe91 wrote: I do not want that model. I want to import it directly on 3d studio max so it's easier for me to do what I need.
It's simply importing with XNALARA-Converter script
Imported https://mega.nz/#!HxB0VRCA!UjpUUUnpO5sI ... tATBkSHsCc

TokiChan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TokiChan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Any chance for script for importing static objects (statues, items, misc)?
Or may be map/stages/locations import?

TokiChan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TokiChan » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:04 pm

Fire, Ice and crow's feathers 8D
So epic boss from DLC
And how about importing static script - weapons, statues, misc?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zaramot
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by zaramot » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:34 pm

Hmm, I think I did something for static/props meshes. Not ssure if I uploaded this though, if not, than you could comment or delete bone import part in my script and it should work for static meshes.

TokiChan
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by TokiChan » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:40 pm

zaramot wrote:Hmm, I think I did something for static/props meshes. Not ssure if I uploaded this though, if not, than you could comment or delete bone import part in my script and it should work for static meshes.
I'm not sure about correcting of you tools - plugins editing is not for me :roll: