Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Hyperidmension Neptunia rebirth 1 ism2

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
mikulover39
advanced

Hyperidmension Neptunia rebirth 1 ism2

Post by mikulover39 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Could someone please take a look at the model files from the pc port of Hyperdiemnsion Neptunia Rebirth 1 please.
the most i have got is the mesh using hex2obj but no uv
and the mesh & bones with howfies ripper for the ps3 games by reversing the endians in the file but no uv or weights

Sample: https://www.mediafire.com/?6f6aa3b68qwplji

RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Re: Hyperidmension Neptunia rebirth 1 ism2

Post by RandomTBush » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:13 am

I've had a working MaxScript for the game for a couple of weeks. The only thing I need to do for it, first, is add in coding to set up the textures, then I'll post it here.
Last edited by RandomTBush on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:03 am

mikulover39 wrote:the most i have got is the mesh using hex2obj but no uv
The normals are three half floats at the vertex block position 12 (= offset of 12 bytes to 0x99E0). Visualized as a sphere, see below.
The uvs (half floats) follow at pos 18 and (yeah, just a developer's joke?) 26.
(From pos 20 there are three half floats with a sum of squares==1.0)
Neptun_Rebirth.JPG
(There would be an additional offset required to be introduced in hex2obj but it should stay related to simple formats.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:39 am

RandomTBush wrote:I've had a working MaxScript for the game for a couple of weeks. The only thing I need to do for it, first, is add in coding to set up the textures, then I'll post it here.
I'm stoked to hear this. I feared Nep-Nep might never see game worlds other than GameIndustri. :D :D

esperblade
ultra-n00b

Post by esperblade » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:34 pm

Speaking of which... has the link to howfie's old .ism2-to-LS converter disappeared? viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7269

I was going to use it as a reference for making a Blender script for .ism2 files, but it seems the utility is no longer available.

On the Steam Workshop, there's a modding guide for this game, but they're sorely missing model modding info - mainly because of the proprietary format: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... ideModal=1

mikulover39
advanced

Post by mikulover39 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:27 pm

Nice work RTB hope to be seeing the script soon!!

and thanks shakotay2 that helped clear things up

howfie
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by howfie » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:47 pm

nice, RTB. good to see some fresh new blood around here. i kind of lost interest in doing this kind of stuff. finally realizing it is a real life-waster lol.

btw, anyone even play this game? i think i was skipping pictures for an hour before being able to play lmao!

MrAdults

Post by MrAdults » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:19 am

howfie wrote:finally realizing it is a real life-waster
No kidding. I wish I could go back in time to my single, unemployed self and be like "you're going to be stuck working your life away with a family pretty soon, so you might want to get a better fucking hobby, and write better code so I don't have to murder you from the future." At least there's some meaning in understanding the full intent and purpose of some data for the sake of propriety, archival, and/or restoration, but going through game after game just to find model data in plain sight is so empty.

ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo » Tue May 05, 2015 2:08 am

Random, are you still working on the Maxscript? Haven't heard anything further and would hate for it to get forgotten about.

RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush » Tue May 05, 2015 6:46 am

ssringo wrote:Random, are you still working on the Maxscript? Haven't heard anything further and would hate for it to get forgotten about.
I've been busy with other duties, but I suppose I can upload what I have right now. Still no material importing just yet (haven't updated it since I posted earlier), but everything else seems to be working alright.

https://mega.nz/#!nlQAAK4S!KtUqFVFcaJD0 ... nwsCDesAwU

(EDIT: Whoops, realized I didn't change the UV mapping flip back to normal. Re-download it to fix that.)

(EDIT 2: Just a quick edit to state that yes, this will also work with Re;Birth 2's models. Just use the same QuickBMS script for Re;Birth 1's files to extract 'em.)
Last edited by RandomTBush on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo » Tue May 05, 2015 8:27 am

Cool beans. Thanks for sharing what you have so far. I know you have other stuff here you work on aside from whatever real life things you got going on. In any event, the script is working on Max10 with what I tried. Not seeing any facial features on the models I loaded but clearly see them on your WIP picture earlier. I'm guessing all the facial motions shown in the game are simply texture swaps or morphs?

If others didn't realize, Aluigi posted the bms script to extract the game files here http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=607

RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush » Tue May 05, 2015 5:00 pm

ssringo wrote:Not seeing any facial features on the models I loaded but clearly see them on your WIP picture earlier. I'm guessing all the facial motions shown in the game are simply texture swaps or morphs?
You could say that. In-game, it uses a combination of the "base" texture (which will need to be flipped upside-down to match the rest) and the "brows", "eyelid", "mouth" and "pupil" textures. Or you can run the game with Durante's Hyperresolution Neptunia plugin and do a texture dump (you'll need to edit the INI to enable it), that'll give you a pre-assembled but inexplicably double-sized face texture to use as a reference point.

(EDIT: Turns out that it's only inexplicably double-sized because Re;Birth 2 has the full, 1024x1024 resolution face textures compared to Re;Birth 1. That explains that, then.)

ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:56 pm

Hey Random, I noticed that you (I assume) were uploading Neptunia models to The Models Resource. Was wondering if you updated your script any further than what you shared above.

Also thought I'd share that tools for converting textures were made a while back which I just found out about. Can be found at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =409454600

RandomTBush
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Post by RandomTBush » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:07 pm

ssringo wrote:Hey Random, I noticed that you (I assume) were uploading Neptunia models to The Models Resource. Was wondering if you updated your script any further than what you shared above.

Also thought I'd share that tools for converting textures were made a while back which I just found out about. Can be found at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =409454600
Yeah, that would be me submitting those there.

Anyway, the script in its current form still doesn't have automatic texture importing yet (I'll probably incorporate that before the year's over), but other than that it should work just fine since that's the only thing that's missing.

ssringo
veteran

Post by ssringo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:45 pm

Thanks again for the script. I've actually learned how to put the face textures together but they are kind of pain in the ass getting everything to line up. Plus putting together the various facial expressions is rather time consuming. It's all good though. It's forcing me to learn how to use GIMP much better.

side question: do you know if your script works for fairy fencer F? the game seems to run on the same engine but I don't have it installed to look if the file structure is the same.

Edit: I downloaded Fairy Fencer and although it uses .ism2 files (and an overall similar file structure) your script can't read them (or the ones I tried). I should note that the model folders contain a .cl3 file in the texture folder that's a bit larger than the associated .ism2 file. A modding guide on the Fairy Fencer steam community says the .cl3 file is a model file (so what is the .ism2?). I'll pack up one or three of the model folders if you want to take a look at them. If not, no worries. I'm sure you have enough on your plate already and I already have a lot of Neptunia models to mess around with.