READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
User avatar
killercracker
advanced
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by killercracker » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:20 pm

I wrote this maxscript not too long ago for Dragon Ball Xenoverse and everything is just about done but I can't get the weighting right. I've never done weighting before and don't have much for a reference. I could need some help here. If anyone could look over the code and tell me what I'm doing wrong, the help would be very much appreciated.

Image

I've listed a couple example files and scripts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN
Posts: 2802
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 698 times
Been thanked: 1442 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by shakotay2 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:05 pm

well, some vertices simply don't move when moving a bone.
So they have a weight's sum of 0.0 what they shouldn't.

Could be possible that there's a VertexID to be read from the model file.

Also the sum of weights is > 1.0 for 688 of 2062 vertices of the upper body.
But this problem should vanish as soon as the first one is solved.

btw: nice scripts, great work!:) (the weighting part is borrowed from someone else?)

edit: didn't find VerticeIDs. But it's strange that many vertices have boneID 1 assigned more than once.
So I tried using boneid (instead of boneid + 1) and if (bonex != 0) then
but with no luck.
Last edited by shakotay2 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

User avatar
chrrox
Moderator
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 3:01 pm
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 1289 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by chrrox » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:58 pm

can you send his textures also?

User avatar
killercracker
advanced
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by killercracker » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:12 am

VertexID? I'm sorry I don't understand. Anyways thanks, my scripts are often a frankenstein of various other scripts I find. The textures are in EMB archives, the same as the SF4 games. I was able to get the raws from sf4 asset explorer but it turns out they happen to be dds files with a modified header.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2j6zg ... xtures.rar
Last edited by killercracker on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by raykingnihong » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:00 am

killercracker wrote:VertexID? I'm sorry I don't understand. Anyways thanks, my scripts are often a frankenstein of various other scripts I find. The textures are in EMB archives, the same as the SF4 games. I was able to get the raws from sf4 asset explorer but it turns out they happen to be dds files with a modified header.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2j6zg ... xtures.rar
This game is very classic, hope someone can modify the script error. Support

raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by raykingnihong » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:27 pm

killercracker wrote:I wrote this maxscript not too long ago for Dragon Ball Xenoverse and everything is just about done but I can't get the weighting right. I've never done weighting before and don't have much for a reference. I could need some help here. If anyone could look over the code and tell me what I'm doing wrong, the help would be very much appreciated.

Image

I've listed a couple example files and scripts.
Hello, my friend, I tested all your files very well, since I don't have this game so I cannot test the model file. You can upload this game download links

User avatar
killercracker
advanced
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by killercracker » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:39 am

Finished the .emd files with bones and weights but only having problems with the .emo files. For some reason they have more than one bone matrix, the second one without any bone id's that I could find, so that's one more obstacle to overturn. I've also linked the script for anyone who wants it to play with or add on too. Hopefully after all of this I'll have gained enough knowlege to figure out the animation.

Image

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rdm1lq ... se_project

raykingnihong
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:06 pm
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by raykingnihong » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:20 pm

killercracker wrote:Finished the .emd files with bones and weights but only having problems with the .emo files. For some reason they have more than one bone matrix, the second one without any bone id's that I could find, so that's one more obstacle to overturn. I've also linked the script for anyone who wants it to play with or add on too. Hopefully after all of this I'll have gained enough knowlege to figure out the animation.

Image

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rdm1lq ... se_project
Hi killercracker My friend, thank you very much for the great work. Dragonball z has always been my favorite

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by Darko » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:00 pm

killercracker wrote:Finished the .emd files with bones and weights but only having problems with the .emo files. For some reason they have more than one bone matrix, the second one without any bone id's that I could find, so that's one more obstacle to overturn. I've also linked the script for anyone who wants it to play with or add on too. Hopefully after all of this I'll have gained enough knowlege to figure out the animation.

Image

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/rdm1lq ... se_project
Does this support pc version??
Image

Vashey
advanced
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:47 pm
Has thanked: 9 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by Vashey » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:52 am

Just tested the script on freshly extracted PC files (from the pc verison) here is the error I get:
Image
It works on the files you provide in your mediafire.
I've been wondering if there is a way to convert them back after we're done in 3Dsmax.

User avatar
FinalBlast
advanced
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:35 pm
Location: Bulgaria
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by FinalBlast » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:44 am

Is it possible to not only import, but also re-import back to the original format of the game?
In any case thank you for spending so much time on this! :)

Vashey
advanced
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:47 pm
Has thanked: 9 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by Vashey » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Apparently he uploaded a script for PC models, there are still some models that don't load though (--unable to convert: undefined to type: integer) ,but it works for most of them, at least I can do some models.
Now when importing one .emd it imports a whole set of models (other .emd) at once, is this normal?

loriscangini
advanced
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by loriscangini » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:43 am

Hi to all!
Great work with the importer!

I'm having problems importing some parts from the PC files, for example I can't load the Piccolo's cape, am I doing something wrong or the script isn't complete?

PGV
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by PGV » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:41 pm

you did a great job in there, but as you were able to make an import everybody here would appreciate an .emd meshes EXPORT SCRIPT, so that we can isert in game our creations.

I know I'm asking a great effort, but you would make happy hundreds thousands of people...

It shall be able to generate

-.emd (for 3d model mesh)
- .emb (for texture)
- .esk (for structure and position I think)
- .emm (no idea what it is exactly)

The .esk of addon objects (such as hats, wings etc) for the characters are different than the .esk you provided (of a full model) in the sample pack, and your script won't read them sadly...

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 702
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: Dragon Ball Xenoverse *.emd

Post by Darko » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:29 pm

PGV wrote:you did a great job in there, but as you were able to make an import everybody here would appreciate an .emd meshes EXPORT SCRIPT, so that we can isert in game our creations.

I know I'm asking a great effort, but you would make happy hundreds thousands of people...

It shall be able to generate

-.emd (for 3d model mesh)
- .emb (for texture)
- .esk (for structure and position I think)
- .emm (no idea what it is exactly)

The .esk of addon objects (such as hats, wings etc) for the characters are different than the .esk you provided (of a full model) in the sample pack, and your script won't read them sadly...
emm is material, xenoverse is using the same engine as SFIV. The pc script also has a little issue with uv mapping, uv's are too big.
Image

Post Reply