Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomTBush
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by RandomTBush » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:42 pm

NormalMap wrote:Guys, is there any way to import .d3dmesh from The Walking Dead: The Final Season now?
Not yet, would've gotten around to doing so earlier but a couple of recent game releases (including but not limited to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Kingdom Hearts III) took away the spare time I've had recently.

But now I should have time to work on that again. Aiming for a script update before the end of the month.

Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:58 am

RandomTBush wrote:
NormalMap wrote:Guys, is there any way to import .d3dmesh from The Walking Dead: The Final Season now?
Not yet, would've gotten around to doing so earlier but a couple of recent game releases (including but not limited to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Kingdom Hearts III) took away the spare time I've had recently.

But now I should have time to work on that again. Aiming for a script update before the end of the month.
Oh thanks RTB you are doing god's work! Can't wait for it! Also you said that the new release of script will allow to import models with textures already applied to model? If that's true that would be great aswell!

RandomTBush
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by RandomTBush » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Maximmum wrote:Also you said that the new release of script will allow to import models with textures already applied to model? If that's true that would be great aswell!
Yeah. Thanks to daemon1 for pointing me in the right direction, I've generated a list of all of the texture hashes for the games which match the ones in the D3DMesh files, and once I've added in coding to read the material groups for those, everything should work just like the older games do.

genius326
ultra-n00b

Post by genius326 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:52 pm

When will you update it so we can make some Season 4 models?

Tydeus
advanced

Post by Tydeus » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:10 pm

genius326 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:52 pm
When will you update it so we can make some Season 4 models?
I think thats what he's currently doing.

I cant wait :D I'm going to port all the walking dead season 2 maps first :)

sugarysyringe
beginner

Post by sugarysyringe » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:27 am

Any updates? I'm really anxious to start some projects with TWD:Final Season models, so sorry if this is annoying to see.

Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:11 pm

sugarysyringe wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:27 am
Any updates? I'm really anxious to start some projects with TWD:Final Season models, so sorry if this is annoying to see.
I'm pretty sure the work on the tool is going well!

voxeltrance
ultra-n00b

Post by voxeltrance » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:21 am

I don't want to be *that* person but Is there still no way to read files from TFS? With this tool or another? I'm super excited to work on some stuff with that game.

weirdsciencex
ultra-n00b

Post by weirdsciencex » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:35 am

voxeltrance wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:21 am
I don't want to be *that* person but Is there still no way to read files from TFS? With this tool or another? I'm super excited to work on some stuff with that game.
I know what you mean, I've researched all ways of doing this but I'm at a loss, I can extract the models but from there I can't import them into anything, it would be nice to get a status update, I was hoping to get some rendering done before the final episode but that's not looking likely now

meganmi
beginner

Post by meganmi » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Yes, there is currently no way to extract models from TFS since RTB hasn't updated the tool yet. Best to be patient, the update will come when it's ready.

voxeltrance
ultra-n00b

Post by voxeltrance » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:29 pm

meganmi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:05 pm
Yes, there is currently no way to extract models from TFS since RTB hasn't updated the tool yet. Best to be patient, the update will come when it's ready.
Awh man, that's really unfortunate. I wish there was more data available on the .d3dmesh file format.

RandomTBush
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by RandomTBush » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:59 pm

Yeah, sorry, I kinda bit off more than I can chew due to trying to also add automatic material-importing for the older games at the same time. I'll at least get the TWD: Final Season's support done first (which will have the material support at least) when I've got free time again, and then release another update later for the rest of 'em just so you guys don't have to wait too much much longer for that.

RandomTBush
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by RandomTBush » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Welp, apparently 3DS Max doesn't like having a massive "case of" list of texture hash-and-name equivalents in its MaxScripts -- having just one whole game's worth (out of 14) makes it crash upon trying to load the script.

Is there another method of comparing names from a list, or am I just outta luck here? I suppose if I can't implement that directly into my script, I can still supply a list of them separately that you'll need to manually compare to. Still, this is what I get for trying to do too much, I guess.

Maximmum
advanced

Post by Maximmum » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:36 am

Just wanted to thank you for doing all this, i hope if you will be able to fix this error with textures importing automatically you will also make the support of it not only in TWD: The Final Season but for Batman: The Enemy Within aswell In the next release of the script? I just really want to rip some locations from The Enemy Within, but it's hard to manually look through what textures fit to where in each mesh of each level because they are usually not named the same as level meshes named.

meganmi
beginner

Post by meganmi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:03 pm

Maybe a script that would output all the required textures into a .txt file, might be a good middle-ground.