Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
RandomTBush
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 200 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by RandomTBush » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:48 pm

Good news! With the assistance of daemon1/id-daemon, I can finally add proper auto-importing for the textures in Telltale's newer games! Turns out that the "confusing" hashing for them (and the bone names) is just CRC-64.

Yep. I'm a dunce for not realizing that. Go figure.

So yeah, I'll have to build a list of all the hashes and their respective filenames from The Wolf Among Us and beyond to be included in the next update. But with that done, there's only five major things planned that are left to implement -- TWD: Final Season support, optimizing the importers so they all import as one polygon group (instead of individual ones, which should speed things up), adding support for those pesky "Version 1" games, general optimization / redundancy trimming, and if it's not too difficult SCENE support. The latter three I'll probably have in a later update.

(EDIT: Fixed phrasing.)
Last edited by RandomTBush on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Escope12
veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Escope12 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:54 pm

RandomTBush wrote:Good news! With the assistance of daemon1/id-daemon, I can finally add proper auto-importing for the textures in Telltale's newer games! Turns out that the "confusing" hashing for them (and the bone names) is just CRC-64.

Yep. I'm a dunce for not realizing that. Go figure.

So yeah, I'll have to build a list of all the hashes and their respective filenames from The Wolf Among Us and beyond to be included in the next update. But with that done, there's only four major things left to implement -- TWD: Final Season support, optimizing the importers so the models import all on the same mesh, adding support for those pesky "Version 1" games, general optimization, and possibly SCENE support. The latter three I'll probably have in a later update.
Nice. This is great. I might have to update all my model rips.

Tydeus
advanced
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Tydeus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:17 am

RandomTBush wrote:Good news! With the assistance of daemon1/id-daemon, I can finally add proper auto-importing for the textures in Telltale's newer games! Turns out that the "confusing" hashing for them (and the bone names) is just CRC-64.

Yep. I'm a dunce for not realizing that. Go figure.
Holy crap this is excellent news, I can finally port the walking dead season 2 maps without going insane!

stuffed
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:09 am

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by stuffed » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:12 am

Hey there, first post here :)

Does this work with any version of 3DS Max? Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking :)

Escope12
veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Escope12 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:46 am

stuffed wrote:Hey there, first post here :)

Does this work with any version of 3DS Max? Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking :)
It works for 3ds Max 2015 and older versions. Ithink.

RandomTBush
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 200 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by RandomTBush » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:58 am

stuffed wrote:Hey there, first post here :)

Does this work with any version of 3DS Max? Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking :)
I've written it using Max 2010, but I've applied some bits of coding to fix issues in newer versions (namely the bug where it applies rigging incorrectly). So yeah, it should theoretically work in any version. I'll be testing everything with Max 2018 later after I've finished the script update just to make sure.

Maximmum
advanced
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 3:06 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Maximmum » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Tydeus wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:Good news! With the assistance of daemon1/id-daemon, I can finally add proper auto-importing for the textures in Telltale's newer games! Turns out that the "confusing" hashing for them (and the bone names) is just CRC-64.

Yep. I'm a dunce for not realizing that. Go figure.
Holy crap this is excellent news, I can finally port the walking dead season 2 maps without going insane!
Same, gonna import Batman The Enemy Within levels with this update! :wink:

Escope12
veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Escope12 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:41 pm

Maximmum wrote:
Tydeus wrote:
RandomTBush wrote:Good news! With the assistance of daemon1/id-daemon, I can finally add proper auto-importing for the textures in Telltale's newer games! Turns out that the "confusing" hashing for them (and the bone names) is just CRC-64.

Yep. I'm a dunce for not realizing that. Go figure.
Holy crap this is excellent news, I can finally port the walking dead season 2 maps without going insane!
Same, gonna import Batman The Enemy Within levels with this update! :wink:
I’m gonna extract the character models from The Walking Dead: Collection with this update.

jayko
beginner
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:25 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by jayko » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:04 pm

Escope12 wrote: I’m gonna extract the character models from The Walking Dead: Collection with this update.
Oh, man, the higher res textures and higher poly models would be great to have. It's a shame I don't own the collection :P

Escope12
veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Escope12 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:44 pm

jayko wrote:
Escope12 wrote: I’m gonna extract the character models from The Walking Dead: Collection with this update.
Oh, man, the higher res textures and higher poly models would be great to have. It's a shame I don't own the collection :P
Me neither because I don’t have a PS4.

Maximmum
advanced
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 3:06 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Maximmum » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:25 am

Ah can't wait for that update :D

Escope12
veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Escope12 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Skybound got the license for Telltale’s The Walking Dead and are going to finish working on the last 2 Episodes of The Walking Dead: The Final Season. https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/statu ... 34626?s=21

Tydeus
advanced
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Tydeus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:22 pm

Escope12 wrote:Skybound got the license for Telltale’s The Walking Dead and are going to finish working on the last 2 Episodes of The Walking Dead: The Final Season. https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/statu ... 34626?s=21
Bah, you told me that days ago! I thought there was an update for a second, pfft.

Escope12
veteran
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Escope12 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:26 pm

Tydeus wrote:
Escope12 wrote:Skybound got the license for Telltale’s The Walking Dead and are going to finish working on the last 2 Episodes of The Walking Dead: The Final Season. https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/statu ... 34626?s=21
Bah, you told me that days ago! I thought there was an update for a second, pfft.
Just wanted to put it here for everyone else.

Tydeus
advanced
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:34 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer

Post by Tydeus » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:36 pm

Escope12 wrote:
Tydeus wrote:
Escope12 wrote:Skybound got the license for Telltale’s The Walking Dead and are going to finish working on the last 2 Episodes of The Walking Dead: The Final Season. https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/statu ... 34626?s=21
Bah, you told me that days ago! I thought there was an update for a second, pfft.
Just wanted to put it here for everyone else.
heh, as Bigby would say "Relax, it was a joke!"

Post Reply