READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

PC Darksiders II: Death Lives maxscript

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
chunkyb
ultra-n00b

Re: PC Darksiders II: Death Lives maxscript

Post by chunkyb » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:55 pm

hey guys and gals, I was just wondering if anyone had any luck loading the o3d+dcm files at this point? I don't think I'm smart enough to figure out how to modify it
I'd be pretty content with just being able to import a model without the bones or animation or anything as I'm really just using it for educational purposes :)

PredatorCZ
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by PredatorCZ » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:27 am

O3D files, aka Binary Objects referred in game's code, are compiled scripts with similar hiearchy to XML, they store all informations like bones, links, meshes definitions, lods, and many (or any) other properties. They are also used for particle effects and materials. Most of types used in those objects are readable, but they also use one particular datatype that can be instanced or linked whinch makes reading file afterwards really hard.

As for DCM, those files store only buffers, and bones in absolute transformations.

As far for animations, they should be same or slightly modified files from first Darksiders game, whinch should be easy to read.

dibe91
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by dibe91 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:01 pm

I would like to reap this thead in the hope that someone can help me. Scipt works but does not work with some overhead models of the constructs because the skeleton is in the O3D files. Is there a way to solve the problem?

Doctor Loboto
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Doctor Loboto » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:53 am

Hey uh, is there a version of the script that has the separate material groups? Some models have multiple textures but the current script only has one material group for the entire model.