WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
sferatos
ultra-n00b
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by sferatos » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:18 pm

M0fD wrote:
sferatos wrote:blender :D, just model, without textures... but it's usefull :)
That's the method we try to not share it too much because of Sketchfab'admins, the same who made ninja ripper inefficient.

Btw, for the textures, they are in the network pannel of the devtool of your browser. I recommand to use Download manager to extract them all then delete the one you don't need.

thank you, i'll try that!

User avatar
M0fD
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Location: Les Gobelins
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by M0fD » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:41 pm

sferatos wrote:
M0fD wrote:
sferatos wrote:blender :D, just model, without textures... but it's usefull :)
That's the method we try to not share it too much because of Sketchfab'admins, the same who made ninja ripper inefficient.

Btw, for the textures, they are in the network pannel of the devtool of your browser. I recommand to use Download manager to extract them all then delete the one you don't need.

thank you, i'll try that!
Anytime dude, anytime.
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage

Havohej
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by Havohej » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:18 pm

Hello guys,

Wonder if any of you can help me with getting a model of sketchfab, I know its harder now..

This model I want to get is not a paid model otherwise I would have paid to get it.
Tried to get in touch with the creator to allow its download but no dice..

Code: Select all

https://sketchfab.com/models/eed697610bb341ee94a9b6cc7d12f82d
Its a pretty cool Sphongle mask recreation which I have been looking for.. I want to eventually 3D print it.
Thanks in advance if anyone has it in himself to help a stranger out !

Petersw79
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:38 am

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by Petersw79 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:06 am

Hi,

Okay, here is another user who wants to rip a model from Sketschfab, and naturally he only wants it for it private use. :-)

The model:
https://sketchfab.com/models/0782d9f75d ... e58a3095f0

The user who has posted it can't sell it:
@ILYAILYAILYA You can't, tt's not available for public download because the character is own by my client.
After some research (other models which were avaiable for download) I tried this url:
https://sketchfab.com/i/models/0782d9f7 ... 0/download
When not I'm logged in I get: "{"detail":"Authentication credentials were not provided."}"
When logged in: "{"detail":["This model cannot be downloaded"]}"

The other things I found:
-There is a "isdownloadable" flag embedded in the model page's Javascript.
-An offline copy of the page doesn't work locally on my computer.
-I found a file containing "Opengraph" data relating to the model, but it doesn't work on its own.
-Several other files appear in my browser cache which appear to be related with a *.bin.gz.txt extension, but they contain neither zipped data nor text. They do contain binary data, but that could be just about anything.

Can somebody help me out here?

User avatar
M0fD
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Location: Les Gobelins
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by M0fD » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:34 pm

Petersw79 wrote:Hi,

Okay, here is another user who wants to rip a model from Sketschfab, and naturally he only wants it for it private use. :-)

The model:
https://sketchfab.com/models/0782d9f75d ... e58a3095f0

The user who has posted it can't sell it:
@ILYAILYAILYA You can't, tt's not available for public download because the character is own by my client.
After some research (other models which were avaiable for download) I tried this url:
https://sketchfab.com/i/models/0782d9f7 ... 0/download
When not I'm logged in I get: "{"detail":"Authentication credentials were not provided."}"
When logged in: "{"detail":["This model cannot be downloaded"]}"

The other things I found:
-There is a "isdownloadable" flag embedded in the model page's Javascript.
-An offline copy of the page doesn't work locally on my computer.
-I found a file containing "Opengraph" data relating to the model, but it doesn't work on its own.
-Several other files appear in my browser cache which appear to be related with a *.bin.gz.txt extension, but they contain neither zipped data nor text. They do contain binary data, but that could be just about anything.

Can somebody help me out here?
If it was that simple this topic would not exist.

Here ---> [bruce]
Last edited by M0fD on Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage

Petersw79
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:38 am

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by Petersw79 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:59 pm

M0fD wrote:
Petersw79 wrote:Hi,

Okay, here is another user who wants to rip a model from Sketschfab, and naturally he only wants it for it private use. :-)

The model:
https://sketchfab.com/models/0782d9f75d ... e58a3095f0

The user who has posted it can't sell it:
@ILYAILYAILYA You can't, tt's not available for public download because the character is own by my client.
After some research (other models which were avaiable for download) I tried this url:
https://sketchfab.com/i/models/0782d9f7 ... 0/download
When not I'm logged in I get: "{"detail":"Authentication credentials were not provided."}"
When logged in: "{"detail":["This model cannot be downloaded"]}"

The other things I found:
-There is a "isdownloadable" flag embedded in the model page's Javascript.
-An offline copy of the page doesn't work locally on my computer.
-I found a file containing "Opengraph" data relating to the model, but it doesn't work on its own.
-Several other files appear in my browser cache which appear to be related with a *.bin.gz.txt extension, but they contain neither zipped data nor text. They do contain binary data, but that could be just about anything.

Can somebody help me out here?
If it was that simple this topic would not exist.

Here ---> https://www.sendspace.com/file/distxo
Thx :-) No, and I noticed there were people a lot more skilled at ripping here.

User avatar
M0fD
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Location: Les Gobelins
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by M0fD » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Petersw79 wrote: Thx :-) No, and I noticed there were people a lot more skilled at ripping here.
Yeah but it took me time to be like that (:
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage

DLO1234
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by DLO1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Hi I'm trying to extract this model, but only got the textures, can you help me?

https://sketchfab.com/models/7765b19239 ... e6309fbd35

User avatar
sketchfab
beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:19 am
Been thanked: 2 times
Contact:

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by sketchfab » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:12 pm

deleted
Last edited by sketchfab on Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

DLO1234
ultra-n00b
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by DLO1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:32 pm

sketchfab wrote:Nice car

Model in FBX : https://ufile.io/f1gzp

Image

Thank you very much! Yes it's a car I'm going to print as soon as I adjust the mesh for that.
You saved me from having to model everything from scratch.

Petersw79
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:38 am

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by Petersw79 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:34 pm

M0fD wrote:
Petersw79 wrote: Thx :-) No, and I noticed there were people a lot more skilled at ripping here.
Yeah but it took me time to be like that (:
And staying up to date takes time too, right? Anyway I'm going to have some fun examining that model. Blender is pretty intimidating for a noob. Any one know any more accessible 3d editors?

User avatar
M0fD
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Location: Les Gobelins
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by M0fD » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:43 pm

Petersw79 wrote:
M0fD wrote:
Petersw79 wrote: Thx :-) No, and I noticed there were people a lot more skilled at ripping here.
Yeah but it took me time to be like that (:
And staying up to date takes time too, right? Anyway I'm going to have some fun examining that model. Blender is pretty intimidating for a noob. Any one know any more accessible 3d editors?
Depend on what you want to do with it.
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage

Petersw79
ultra-n00b
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:38 am

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by Petersw79 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:04 pm

Well, I am trying to remove objects, which I appear to have figured out. (right click, presss delete, confirm) However, when I import the *.fbx file, make no changes whatsoever, and the export to another *.fbx file it appears the lighting has changed due to the simple act of importing and exporting. Also had a case where only the back of the model was lit and the other entirely black. Didn't remember changing the lighting.

User avatar
M0fD
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm
Location: Les Gobelins
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by M0fD » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Petersw79 wrote:Well, I am trying to remove objects, which I appear to have figured out. (right click, presss delete, confirm) However, when I import the *.fbx file, make no changes whatsoever, and the export to another *.fbx file it appears the lighting has changed due to the simple act of importing and exporting. Also had a case where only the back of the model was lit and the other entirely black. Didn't remember changing the lighting.
Only used blender to "admire" the others models, never worked with it.
Personally I use 3ds max for this sort of things, more instinctive if I can say.

Maybe it's not light problem but flipped faces ? I tried blender once (and only once) and I can say it's a total mess.
1. Ninja Ripper doesn't work with Sketchfab

2. Don't distribute the extraction method

3. Three models only

4. No buyable models


ImageImage

LeifTheLion
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Re: WebGL ripping of a model from sketchfab

Post by LeifTheLion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Would somebody be able to help me rip this model? I want to print it and send it to the commissioner as a gift.

Thanks

edit: here's the link https://sketchfab.com/models/309159b3d2 ... 8a6642140f

Post Reply