Poll time! Click here: Are you interested in the chiptune scene? If so, which?. Let's see what our community thinks of the chiptune scene. :) !

World War Z Ripping

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Taichou7
ultra-n00b

World War Z Ripping

Post by Taichou7 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:21 pm

Hey All.

I'm about at my wits end for this. I'm looking to rip a specific model from World War Z, that being the War Hero skin for one of the Japanese characters. This requires me to be connected to WWZ Online Services to be able to use the skin in-game to rip it.

NinjaRipper got me close. 1.7 couldn't work without being directly injected into the .exe but this disables online service. Ripping from the character select menu gives me broken meshes and launching it from the Epic Games Launcher injects it into the WebHelper. Bypassing by putting the dx11.dll file directly into the game folder and then running the launcher like usual only allows me to rip textures.

NR2 got me the mesh but the UVs are wrecked and I am not nearly good enough to remap them myself.

I tried using the Quake Champions tool that supports WWZ found on this site but the one mesh I need is only importing the bones and not the mesh itself.

Does anyone have any idea on what I can do to get it?

dimis9138
advanced

Re: World War Z Ripping

Post by dimis9138 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:51 pm

viewtopic.php?t=20059

Guy in this topic explained how to use NR with WWZ, said you have to set UV scale to 4 to get correct UVs.

Also try using ravioli explorer for the .paks or 7zip?

Taichou7
ultra-n00b

Re: World War Z Ripping

Post by Taichou7 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:06 am

dimis9138 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:51 pm
viewtopic.php?t=20059

Guy in this topic explained how to use NR with WWZ, said you have to set UV scale to 4 to get correct UVs.

Also try using ravioli explorer for the .paks or 7zip?
As far as I know, NR2 doesn't have the UV scale as an option and it's the only way I can get the mesh.

.paks also only open the bones and not the mesh itself for the specific one I'm looking for. I tried to get the textures from the .paks as well but I can't find anything to open a .pct.