Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
User avatar
Custard
beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:33 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Custard » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:35 am

Tushkan wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:13 pm
Yes, you got 100Gb update because of extra textures. My friend had just reported that it's 63Gb for him. They have essentially reuploaded all forges. Be aware that Denutto's tool in theory should be able to unpack new forges (mine does, it only messes up some indexing meta), but my scripts won't be able to parse these meshes yet (pesky new metadata format).
Now for your error message. There is a message "Rebuilt loops from 4764 to 4755." This happens because I invoke blender's internal validation. For some reason it crops off some of the triangles, causing the vertex count to shrink. That's why you get IndexError. If you want to bypass it, set validation=0 in build_mesh, it will skip the pass and should load normally then. I'll try to fix it later.
Yup these meshes have all their pieces now, good work. I was wrong about island 8 btw, it wasn't the main part of the craft it was all those little white bits, so a large amount of tiny disconnected faces.

blenderprscr5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flyynn
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Flyynn » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 pm

Tushkan u said "Be aware that Denutto's tool in theory should be able to unpack new forges" do you mean the current r6s version ? i tried and it wasnt able to unpack
btw where did u get the old r6s version id like to download that if possible

Tushkan
advanced
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Tushkan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:27 am

Yes, I meant the current version with updated forges. Well then it shows that I was wrong if it's not able to unpack em. Mine unpacks them fine but messes up some header info that I use to filter out file types.
As for Y4S4 forges I backed up my own files before they got updated. And all those outbreak files where provided by another guy on this forum.

Flyynn
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Flyynn » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:29 am

i figured out how to downgrade r6s version
do you know which version of r6 Archive_NeXt can unpack ?

Tushkan
advanced
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Tushkan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:12 pm

No, I never used it. Custard might know though, he seems to have used it before.

User avatar
Custard
beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:33 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Custard » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:08 am

Archive_Next? No I didn't use that one, it seemed like it had been discontinued for quite a while and hadn't really claimed R6S support. I had a quick search just now to try and discover if that was true, one of the very last posts made by that tool's developer says this:
MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:54 pm
Rainbow Six is not going to work if you have any version other than the Beta. Even the Beta doesn't work properly because of missing files. I have the full version of the game now and I'm currently working on rebuilding the search index. However, I have run into an issue with some of the forge files, so even that is taking longer than I would have hoped.

The Beta has 53 forge files, the full version has 213. This renders the current search index useless as positions of some of the files have changed.
Well, he was up to working on search functions so that's cool, but I think a lot has changed in the files since the Beta..
Flyynn wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 pm
Tushkan u said "Be aware that Denutto's tool in theory should be able to unpack new forges" do you mean the current r6s version ? i tried and it wasnt able to unpack
btw where did u get the old r6s version id like to download that if possible
When you say it wasn't able to un-pack, how did you test that? Or was it just an error it gave you?

UnknownLuck
ultra-n00b
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 am

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by UnknownLuck » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 am

So I don't really know a whole lot about 3D modelling, (I do CAD work for 3D printing, that's as far as I go), and I was wanting to try and get a 3D model of one of the charms. Anyone know how I might go about grabbing one?

User avatar
Custard
beginner
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:33 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Custard » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:16 am

UnknownLuck wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 am
So I don't really know a whole lot about 3D modelling, (I do CAD work for 3D printing, that's as far as I go), and I was wanting to try and get a 3D model of one of the charms. Anyone know how I might go about grabbing one?
The Intel GPA method would be your best bet right now. 3d printing is one of the few things it's results are not super undercooked for, and weapon charms are one of the few things that I can say you'd certainly be able to get. I wrote up roughly how to go about using it here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15031&start=30#p158679

It's still not exactly easy, or for the faint of heart, but since the game files aren't properly cracked at the moment that's rather inevitable.

Flyynn
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Flyynn » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:35 pm

Custard wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:08 am
Archive_Next? No I didn't use that one, it seemed like it had been discontinued for quite a while and hadn't really claimed R6S support. I had a quick search just now to try and discover if that was true, one of the very last posts made by that tool's developer says this:
MichaelDarkAngel wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:54 pm
Rainbow Six is not going to work if you have any version other than the Beta. Even the Beta doesn't work properly because of missing files. I have the full version of the game now and I'm currently working on rebuilding the search index. However, I have run into an issue with some of the forge files, so even that is taking longer than I would have hoped.

The Beta has 53 forge files, the full version has 213. This renders the current search index useless as positions of some of the files have changed.
Well, he was up to working on search functions so that's cool, but I think a lot has changed in the files since the Beta..
Flyynn wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:18 pm
Tushkan u said "Be aware that Denutto's tool in theory should be able to unpack new forges" do you mean the current r6s version ? i tried and it wasnt able to unpack
btw where did u get the old r6s version id like to download that if possible
When you say it wasn't able to un-pack, how did you test that? Or was it just an error it gave you?
sry tushkan was right i probably clicked on the textures file
but even when i (unpack/decompress{i rly dont know the terms}) it i get .data file which i then use the DATA_TOOL and then i get a .dat file which i used noesis to open but i got an error "This file cannot be previewed"

btw tushkan whats the progress on your tool in %

and ty you for the hardwork and to every one that helped with the tool

Flyynn
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Flyynn » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:41 pm

Btw idk what im doing

Tushkan
advanced
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Tushkan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:50 pm

Noesis won't read these textures by themselves. They are a classic dx10 dds but with custom headers so noesis doesn't know where to read data about packing type and image size and mipmaps. IIRC, these data files have 0x58 bytes long header (might be longer if there is a string name encoded, also headers are different since 2020 update because of new metadata packing), then goes actual dds block, then goes footer that actually holds enum of dx10 type (rgb8 \ monochrome8 \ rgb16 bit etc.) and height\width (multiplied by number of channels or smth like that ,generally it's multiplied by 4, don't ask me why...). You can actually get the textures by reading them in Rawtex. This program allows you to specify data offset (around x58 for previous format) and guess pixel format and size.
mainly used types are:

Code: Select all

type enum (4 byte int, sits at 0x24) : actual dx10 type
---------------------------------------------------------------
0x0 : 87, # b8g8r8a8_unorm
0x2 : 71, # BC1
0x3 : 71, # BC1
0x4 : 74, # BC2
0x5 : 77, # BC3
0x6 : 83, # BC5U
0x7 : 61, # r8_unorm
0x8 : 61, # r8_unorm
0x9 : 56, # r16_unorm
0xb : 42, # r32_uint
0xc : 3, # r32g32b32a32_uint???
0xe : 80, # bc4???
0xf : 95, # BC6
0x10 : 98, # BC7
0x11 : 87, # b8g8r8a8_unorm
Current progress is hard to describe in %. It's like mining gold. You know you have found it when you have found it )
Current state is:
1. unpacker for pre-2020 forges works. It also works for 2020 forges but messes some meta a bit. But should be easy to fix.
2. models parser: parses most of mesh types, parses most of data except for skinning. I haven't figured out how it's packed yet.
3. textures parser: was working when I last tested it about a year ago. Involves RawTex and texconv to function. I want to make it depend only on texconv.
4. assets parser - currently in progress. There is a lot to be done. I'm struggling with how they pack data because it's a bunch of varying-size structs with optional tail information. So it's hard to identify bounds and separate generic tailed structures from actual encoded types. It's needed because it holds all related data such as what parts are glued together, skeletons (I think I even found animations), texture links, shaders etc.
5. strings parser: 0% progress. I've found where strings are stored. They are needed to retrieve specific assets from game, otherwise one would have no clue on which asset is which and would have to unpack all of them to find the needed one. I also can't seem to find localization data, only eng strings.
6. dependency graph parser: works with pre-2020 depgraphbins. Needed to easily find relations between files. For example it lists all textures and meshes that are tied to given asset.

Flyynn
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Flyynn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:25 am

alright ty for the update

you have contacted luxos in the past
how did u get in contact with him almost every acc is banned and i cant find him
i would like to ask him how he got the uvs from GPA

Tushkan
advanced
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Tushkan » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:33 am

I bombarded him through all available accounts. Eventually I managed to contact him through his now suspended DeviantArt acc. He's not that easy to get in touch with )

Flyynn
ultra-n00b
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:26 am

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Models Thread

Post by Flyynn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:31 pm

https://p3dm.ru/xfsearch/avtor_rip/Luxox005/

this is his new account if u want to get in touch

Post Reply