Offtopic: Into Commodore 64 (6502) coding, pixeling or music?
Xentax is looking for new members for the C64 activities!
Just drop us a message at forum@xentax.com and join the Scene Team!

Forum rules: Click here

Ripping Dead Space 1-3 models with animations and textures.

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
MaZTeR
veteran

Re: Ripping Dead Space 1-3 models with animations and textur

Post by MaZTeR » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:20 pm

Would it be possible if the ds2-3 batch mesh script could import LODs as well? At the moment, I have to individually extract for example a single dismembered mesh, export that to something and then do the same thing with 10 or 15 others.

Alexstr525
ultra-n00b

Post by Alexstr525 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:39 am

Howdy howdy, don't mean to bump this thread again seeing as it's pretty dead in space. Was wondering if anything related to animation research has been cracked? If anything the hkx.win seriously stumps me, if the files were to go to HKX i could use the same method i used to grab the Dark Souls 3 animations as well as the method for Dark Souls 1 animations. Considering they'd be in 32bit i don't think getting them with root motion would be too hard, especially since we have tools to convert 32bit hkx files. Would love to know if anyone has any answers or input to the animations so far?

MaZTeR
veteran

Post by MaZTeR » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:48 am

Alexstr525 wrote:Howdy howdy, don't mean to bump this thread again seeing as it's pretty dead in space. Was wondering if anything related to animation research has been cracked? If anything the hkx.win seriously stumps me, if the files were to go to HKX i could use the same method i used to grab the Dark Souls 3 animations as well as the method for Dark Souls 1 animations. Considering they'd be in 32bit i don't think getting them with root motion would be too hard, especially since we have tools to convert 32bit hkx files. Would love to know if anyone has any answers or input to the animations so far?
Nope, no progress has been made, at least no one has given updates on that publicly. As for the animations, the HKX apparently only contain collision models and stuff like that, the bnk files are the actual animations.

I don't think anyone's going to willingly do this for free, which is a shame since the games are pretty old and at this point, a lot of similarly old games have already been cracked open fully.

lAin
ultra-n00b

Post by lAin » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:25 am

Is there a quick way to make the extracted texture compressed back to this TG4 header-less format (TG4D and TG4H) once exported with Noesis?

ginev
ultra-n00b

Post by ginev » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:24 am

Guys im trying to open the big files that i think are whole rooms from Dead Space 1.Im using scripts for noesis that i got from here and they work for most small models but not for the big ones.My link below contain 1 of thouse big geo files as an example and the 2 noesis scripts.I dont know which one is the important one but if someone update them to be able to open the big file please send me update noesis scripts.Thanks in advace! :)

https://mega.nz/#!IoVxkKDK!RrMin3C1NCDL ... S8YYof5Z6Q

shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:23 pm

ginev wrote:but if someone update them to be able to open the big file please send me update noesis scripts.Thanks in advace! :)
As the name tells this one is for the geometry: fmt_DeadSpace1_geo.py
I don't have the time to update the script, used a fixed value for the face indices count (FCount = 126841).

You'll need to fiddle around with the code so that the offsets and counts are correctly read from the "magic table" (at 0x19680 here).
(Dunno "what is what", guess vertex count is at 0x19684 and the value at 0x19694 is uvs count.
After the counts the sizes follow, dec. 12 (v) and 28 (uv) which makes sense.)
0503_opt_model1-geo.jpg
edit: FI count is dec. 102874, so the value at offset 0x196E4
You need to loop through the 3 submeshes, that's what the original script doesn't handle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

ginev
ultra-n00b

Post by ginev » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:54 pm

shakotay2 wrote:
ginev wrote:but if someone update them to be able to open the big file please send me update noesis scripts.Thanks in advace! :)
As the name tells this one is for the geometry: fmt_DeadSpace1_geo.py
I don't have the time to update the script, used a fixed value for the face indices count (FCount = 126841).

You'll need to fiddle around with the code so that the offsets and counts are correctly read from the "magic table" (at 0x19680 here).
(Dunno "what is what", guess vertex count is at 0x19684 and the value at 0x19694 is uvs count.
After the counts the sizes follow, dec. 12 (v) and 28 (uv) which makes sense.)
0503_opt_model1-geo.jpg
edit: FI count is dec. 102874, so the value at offset 0x196E4
You need to loop through the 3 submeshes, that's what the original script doesn't handle.

Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge in this things.Maybe when you have time you can update the scripts?I can wait long time its not a problem.It seems no one else will help me so i can wait. :]

shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:19 pm

ginev wrote:Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge in this things.
Knowledge can be gained; for understanding simple Noesis scripts start reading here from "codelines":
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18869&p=144765&hil ... es#p144765

There's a tutorial thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7760

Ethosaur
ultra-n00b

Dead Space mobile model rips

Post by Ethosaur » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:57 am

Hello, im not sure if this really falls under this thread properly, but I hope it's ok I ask, since it's related to ripping, and dead space.

I have been working on trying to rip models from Dead Space Mobile, I tried using NinjaRipper and Nox, which did not present very good results, or sometimes none at all.

What I been trying to look for/do now, is open the files directly, the files are .m3g, and I can't find any way to convert them to a usable model, like obj or fbx.

I did find a .m3g viewer, but it did not like the file type, And I can't find any other scripts to open/import it with blender, or other modeling programs.
There was also this program, but it only works with specific games (m3g2fbx) viewtopic.php?t=11095

Would anyone happen to know, or be able to take a look into how I could convert these? Much thanks in advance!

Here is three samples to take a look at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d84lxvfu94zk ... S6H0a?dl=0

As an update, these are the results I get, running Nox with Ninjaripper in DX mode, not very good. UV's are messed up. Image

TyapLyap
ultra-n00b

Re: Ripping Dead Space 1-3 models with animations and textures.

Post by TyapLyap » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Anyone have script deadspace import/export.ms for 3ds max,one time i see in facepunch forum,this script posted ¨Jacob Danik¨,but i cant open this forum because has been closed by Garry.
Format models .geo

shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Re: Dead Space mobile model rips

Post by shakotay2 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:30 pm

Ethosaur wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:57 am
Would anyone happen to know, or be able to take a look into how I could convert these? Much thanks in advance!
Seems there's no way around to do it the hard way (much fiddeling around included :D ):
isaac-m3g-pointcloud.png
(couldn't get the idea behind the structuring - one vertex start address for all sub/lod meshes?)

@Ethosaur: well, seems you tagged this thread, did you? :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:19 am

well, I was 2 bytes off with the vertex start:
better.png

Ethosaur
ultra-n00b

Post by Ethosaur » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:22 pm

How hard is it to get it, with intact UV map? Thanks again for looking into it. :]

shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN

Post by shakotay2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Once you know how it works (more or less) it's no so hard - but I didn't get the uv map so far. 4 MB are rather big to scan and I'm too busy with my own projects so may take a while. (Maybe you can provide a smaller .m3g sample?)
Isaac_armor.png