READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post questions about game models here, or help out others!
Post Reply
Darkhowlings
advanced
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by Darkhowlings » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:14 pm

I've read around and for what I found they're some tools for extract models from those games (1,2,Unite,3rd). I read often they're tools for extract stuff from the Data.BIN of the game, even found tools for extract them, but no matter what I do I cannot make them work.

I've found tools here:

https://github.com/codestation/mhtools

https://github.com/svanheulen/mhff

I've found one that are .Py tools, but I don't know how made work those .Py, neither with CMD, .Bat or even double click it

If someone know a way to actually extract model of the PSP version, I would appreciate that it guide me on the good way.

I'm more interesting on extract one model of the Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, one that its a DLC, But that the game has it on his data (I've use cheat in the game and the model comes as "Dummy" Named).


Sorry if my own English its broken.

herbert3000
veteran
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:53 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 136 times
Contact:

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by herbert3000 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:20 pm

From the mhff ReadMe: All of these scripts require Python 3.x

You'll need a Java Development Toolkit (JDK) to compile the source code of the mhtools.
Or try this one: mhtools.jar (please reply if it works - since I don't own the game, I can't test it)

Darkhowlings
advanced
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by Darkhowlings » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:59 am

herbert3000 wrote:From the mhff ReadMe: All of these scripts require Python 3.x

You'll need a Java Development Toolkit (JDK) to compile the source code of the mhtools.
Or try this one: mhtools.jar (please reply if it works - since I don't own the game, I can't test it)
I gonna try with that one, thanks. And I wasn't aware one need another program for make .jar, no matter how I search around on Goggle, but it never say how.

I cannot test it asap, for don't have the enough time, but if work or not, I gonna let you know.

I do know it need the Python 3.x, but I did install the 3.1 or sort like that, but it just open it and close it, neither on CMD way or doing a bat.

But, I gonna try to search more.
For now, thanks buddy

User avatar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN
Posts: 2763
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 1425 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by shakotay2 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Darkhowlings wrote:I do know it need the Python 3.x, but I did install the 3.1 or sort like that, but it just open it and close it, neither on CMD way or doing a bat.
started the pmo.py in blender 2.69 -> CTD, strange.

But I got it working by this hack:

Code: Select all

if __name__ == '__main__':
    parser = argparse.ArgumentParser(description='Converts a Monster Hunter PMO file to Wavefront OBJ format')
    parser.add_argument('pmofile', help='PMO input file')
    parser.add_argument('mtlfile', help='MTL input file')
    parser.add_argument('outputfile', help='OBJ output file')
    #args = parser.parse_args()
    #convert_pmo(args.pmofile, args.mtlfile, args.outputfile)
    convert_pmo("D:\\000_data.pmo", "test.mtl", "D:\\test.obj")
000_data_pmo_.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

Darkhowlings
advanced
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by Darkhowlings » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:29 am

Sorry for don’t respond early, but here goes what I found out:
herbert3000 wrote:From the mhff ReadMe: All of these scripts require Python 3.x

You'll need a Java Development Toolkit (JDK) to compile the source code of the mhtools.
Or try this one: mhtools.jar (please reply if it works - since I don't own the game, I can't test it)
Actually it works! The Java only ran as command, it was able to extract all the data from the Data.BIN, from the .PAK models to even the music/effect that were on .WAV
shakotay2 wrote:
Darkhowlings wrote:I do know it need the Python 3.x, but I did install the 3.1 or sort like that, but it just open it and close it, neither on CMD way or doing a bat.
started the pmo.py in blender 2.69 -> CTD, strange.

But I got it working by this hack:

Code: Select all

if __name__ == '__main__':
    parser = argparse.ArgumentParser(description='Converts a Monster Hunter PMO file to Wavefront OBJ format')
    parser.add_argument('pmofile', help='PMO input file')
    parser.add_argument('mtlfile', help='MTL input file')
    parser.add_argument('outputfile', help='OBJ output file')
    #args = parser.parse_args()
    #convert_pmo(args.pmofile, args.mtlfile, args.outputfile)
    convert_pmo("D:\\000_data.pmo", "test.mtl", "D:\\test.obj")
After some try and edit, it actually works, but… I don’t know if something it’s going on my PC, or it’s the Python who’s giving problem, but I was only able to extract a .OBJ, but without UV and neither form, I mean it was a “Cube” in simple words.

I gonna try to get the last Python and try again, because I was trying with the 2,7, because every time I try with the 3,0.1 I’ve it keep showing the sentence
File "C:\Python30\pmo.py", line 238
with open(pmo_file, 'rb') as pmo, open(obj_file, 'w') as obj:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
While the 2,7 didn’t give a problem, but once again, maybe its Python.

And to really know how you made it work on Blender! But maybe it’s because I never get along fine with Blender, let’s just say he hates me heh


*Just for add something odd around about the formats:
The game models are named the same with the ones of the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (.PMO) yet, they’re not the same ones or Noesis would open it. But once again, its not the first time two model formats with same name are not exactly the same

When it fully work and all, I gonna try to resume all, so they gonna be a way for extract model from those game (and even music/effect).

User avatar
CriticalError
double-veteran
double-veteran
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:03 am
Has thanked: 75 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by CriticalError » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:11 am

sorry for dump old topic, but somebody got some information? when I try decrypt file I got it :S

Image

Portugalotaku
veteran
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:35 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by Portugalotaku » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:47 pm

shakotay2 wrote:
Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:51 pm
Darkhowlings wrote:I do know it need the Python 3.x, but I did install the 3.1 or sort like that, but it just open it and close it, neither on CMD way or doing a bat.
started the pmo.py in blender 2.69 -> CTD, strange.

But I got it working by this hack:

Code: Select all

if __name__ == '__main__':
    parser = argparse.ArgumentParser(description='Converts a Monster Hunter PMO file to Wavefront OBJ format')
    parser.add_argument('pmofile', help='PMO input file')
    parser.add_argument('mtlfile', help='MTL input file')
    parser.add_argument('outputfile', help='OBJ output file')
    #args = parser.parse_args()
    #convert_pmo(args.pmofile, args.mtlfile, args.outputfile)
    convert_pmo("D:\\000_data.pmo", "test.mtl", "D:\\test.obj")
000_data_pmo_.JPG
Sorry for bumping such an old post, but I have tried your solution and it did not work.

It said: "Python script fail. Check console for now..."
I tried checking the console but there wasn't anything there.

User avatar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN
Posts: 2763
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 1425 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by shakotay2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:50 pm

Tried it again with blender 2.75 and works for me (menu Windows\\Toggle System Console):
.

Code: Select all

Read new prefs: C:\Users\unk\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75
\config\userpref.blend
AL lib: (EE) UpdateDeviceParams: Failed to set 44100hz, got 48000hz instead
found bundled python: D:\blender-2.75a\2.75\python
b'pmo\x00'
b'102\x00'
mtllib
pmo to obj
ready

-------------------------------------

importing obj 'D:\\test.obj'
        parsing obj file...
0.0360 sec
        loading materials and images...
        Material not found MTL: b'D:\\test.mtl'
0.0010 sec
        building geometry...
        verts:577 faces:750 materials: 1 smoothgroups:0 ...
finished importing: b'D:\\test.obj' in 0.0590 sec.
You have to adjust the path to 000_data.pmo in pmo.py.
.
000_data.pmo.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

Portugalotaku
veteran
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:35 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by Portugalotaku » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:27 pm

I did adjust the path though, it just didn't work :\

Portugalotaku
veteran
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:35 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by Portugalotaku » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 pm

shakotay2 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:50 pm
Tried it again with blender 2.75 and works for me (menu Windows\\Toggle System Console):
.

Code: Select all

Read new prefs: C:\Users\unk\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75
\config\userpref.blend
AL lib: (EE) UpdateDeviceParams: Failed to set 44100hz, got 48000hz instead
found bundled python: D:\blender-2.75a\2.75\python
b'pmo\x00'
b'102\x00'
mtllib
pmo to obj
ready

-------------------------------------

importing obj 'D:\\test.obj'
        parsing obj file...
0.0360 sec
        loading materials and images...
        Material not found MTL: b'D:\\test.mtl'
0.0010 sec
        building geometry...
        verts:577 faces:750 materials: 1 smoothgroups:0 ...
finished importing: b'D:\\test.obj' in 0.0590 sec.
You have to adjust the path to 000_data.pmo in pmo.py.
.
000_data.pmo.png
Do you know what could be causing it? I cannot get it to run.

User avatar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN
Posts: 2763
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 1425 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by shakotay2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:05 am

Portugalotaku wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 pm
shakotay2 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:50 pm
Tried it again with blender 2.75 and works for me (menu Windows\\Toggle System Console):
.

Code: Select all

Read new prefs: C:\Users\unk\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.75
\config\userpref.blend
AL lib: (EE) UpdateDeviceParams: Failed to set 44100hz, got 48000hz instead
found bundled python: D:\blender-2.75a\2.75\python
b'pmo\x00'
b'102\x00'
mtllib
pmo to obj
ready

-------------------------------------

importing obj 'D:\\test.obj'
        parsing obj file...
0.0360 sec
        loading materials and images...
        Material not found MTL: b'D:\\test.mtl'
0.0010 sec
        building geometry...
        verts:577 faces:750 materials: 1 smoothgroups:0 ...
finished importing: b'D:\\test.obj' in 0.0590 sec.
You have to adjust the path to 000_data.pmo in pmo.py.
.
000_data.pmo.png
Do you know what could be causing it? I cannot get it to run.
Dozens of reasons - depends on your OS, your skills, whatever.

If the message you're getting is still:
"Python script fail. Check console for now..."
then there should be more info in the blender console. (I'd be surprised if not.)

Check your python installation. Usually the patched script works with the bundled python which comes with blender 2.75 and higher.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

Portugalotaku
veteran
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:35 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by Portugalotaku » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:55 am

shakotay2 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:05 am
I tried checking the console before, nothing appears. The only thing I know for certain is that the problem lies in this line:

with open(pmo_file, 'rb') as pmo, open(obj_file, 'w') as obj:

This is the error that python itself gives:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\MHFF\mhff-master\psp\pmo.py", line 272, in <module>
convert_pmo("F:\MHFF\00\0078\000_data.pmo", "000_data.mtl", "F:\MHFF\00\0078\000_data.obj")
File "F:\MHFF\mhff-master\psp\pmo.py", line 249, in convert_pmo
with open(pmo_file, 'rb') as pmo, open(obj_file, 'w') as obj:
TypeError: file() argument 1 must be encoded string without NULL bytes, not str
>>>

Though I can try reinstalling blender 2.75 and see if that adds the correct python version.

User avatar
shakotay2
MEGAVETERAN
MEGAVETERAN
Posts: 2763
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am
Location: Nexus, searching for Jim Kirk
Has thanked: 686 times
Been thanked: 1425 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by shakotay2 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:56 am

The script has been updated since 2014 (surprise :eek: ) and I won't dig into this again because the problem with the pmo was solved by patching the old script from 2014.
So guess you're lost for now.
Bigchillghost, Reverse Engineering a Game Model: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17889
extracting simple models: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10894
Make_H2O-ForzaHor3-jm9.zip
"You quoted the whole thing, what a mess."

Portugalotaku
veteran
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:35 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Monster Hunters (PSP)

Post by Portugalotaku » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:51 am

:\

I guess I can try getting the 2014 script and then patching that.

Post Reply