READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

MECHWARRIOR 4 MERCENARIES PLEASE!!!

Old posts about game archives and other formats.
Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:46 pm

TsunamiZ wrote:I haven't tried. I just checked the "MultiEx Commander Supported Games List"...

Mechwarrior 4 Merc MW4 No

So if it's supported, is it complete in revealing all the audio and other files? Can the audio be extracted into a standard readable format?
Well,it seems to be able to extract all files. The WAV files all have two parts in the archive a {handle} part and a data part. Please extract some of those and zip them. Perhaps we can glue those two parts together.

Also, the NO referred to editing of those MW4 files, extraction IS supported. All files listed there are supported for extraction. And a large part of those can also be edited. If so, there will be a YES there.

TsunamiZ
advanced

Post by TsunamiZ » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:08 pm

"edit" as in being a media editor? i can still edit those extracted files in another media program right?

What do you mean by "please extract some of those and zip them. Perhaps we can glue those two parts together"?

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:13 pm

TsunamiZ wrote:"edit" as in being a media editor? i can still edit those extracted files in another media program right?

What do you mean by "please extract some of those and zip them. Perhaps we can glue those two parts together"?
With edit I mean replace resources in the MW4 archives, not just extracting them.

THe other thing, if you open the props.mw4 file with MexCom you will notice there are WAV files somewhere near the middle. You will also notice they come in pairs, with one of them also having the term {handle} in its name. I assume this will provide info on the actual WAV file, perhaps even a header (info needed to play the file). I don't have the whole props file, so I can't check. If you can extract some of those pairs and sent them that'll be swell.

TsunamiZ
advanced

Post by TsunamiZ » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:44 pm

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.

TsunamiZ
advanced

Post by TsunamiZ » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:06 pm

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:48 pm

TsunamiZ
advanced

Post by TsunamiZ » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:16 am

that's good. so any idea on why certain files won't play? does it have any fault with MultiEx no detecting / extracting properly?

TsunamiZ
advanced

Post by TsunamiZ » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:37 am