READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Wing Commander: The Kilrathi Saga

Old posts about game archives and other formats.
mikesukat
ultra-n00b

Wing Commander: The Kilrathi Saga

Post by mikesukat » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:05 pm

I've found this download site for old Wing Commander: The Kilrathi Saga game:
<SNIP>

AD
n00b

Re: Wing Commander: The Kilrathi Saga

Post by AD » Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:56 pm

mikesukat wrote:I've found this download site for old Wing Commander: The Kilrathi Saga game:
WC is NOT abandonware. EA actively prosecutes sites that host warez copies of Wing Commander. Not only is this the wrong place for this kind of spam. I find it totally distasteful. Besides, The kilrathi saga version is buggy enough without downloading a broken warez version.

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:22 pm

Actually, I do think it is. Sites like The Home Of The Underdogs also provide it, if it were still commercial they would not offer it. Anyway, I've removed the link.

AD
n00b

Post by AD » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:45 am

Mr.Mouse wrote:Actually, I do think it is. Sites like The Home Of The Underdogs also provide it, if it were still commercial they would not offer it. Anyway, I've removed the link.
Nope. The game comes on and off the sites often as EA gives them cease and desist orders. The last one I have specific info on was from less than a year ago. Not only that, EA is releasing a WC1 port for the PSP in a month or so. (presumably to curb the use of emulator and rom use... It's a compilation of SNES games so thats the WC version). It's slated to be released October 31. http://eastore.ea.com/shopping/product/ ... =1361&AS=1

Just because a game shows up on an "abandonware" site does not mean it actually is. And being commercially available has nothing to do with abandonware. It's the same story with the old sierra games. And low and behold just last week Vivendi rereleased them all in compilations (space quest, kings quest etc.) even though they are still the dos versions packaged with dosbox and a custom front end. They *never* were abandonware despite being on those sites. (And Sierra/Vivendi Universal went after those sites too.)