Cars XBOX 360 character files

Old posts about game archives and other formats.
Eradicon
beginner

Cars XBOX 360 character files

Post by Eradicon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:57 am

I just recently extracted the data of Cars the Video Game for the XBOX 360, and I'm currently trying to get the characters models into .obj files. But apparently, I'm dealing with files I've never heard of: .phy on the character folder, .mcf, .got, & .xng on folder ANIM, .pco & .gol on folder COL, and .xnm on folter TEX. I know what the .dds files are, so there's no problem with that, but the rest of the files are something I need help with

Teancum
veteran

Re: Cars XBOX 360 character files

Post by Teancum » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:32 pm

The XNG file is the actual model. The best thing to do would be to use the PC version to take a 3D screenshot using something like Ninja Ripper. There are no exporters for Cars video game models.

Eradicon
beginner

Post by Eradicon » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:25 pm

Teancum wrote:The XNG file is the actual model. The best thing to do would be to use the PC version to take a 3D screenshot using something like Ninja Ripper. There are no exporters for Cars video game models.
Alright, but I know I'm gonna regret doing this.

Teancum
veteran

Post by Teancum » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:26 am

That's the only way you're going to be able to get a 3D model from any of the Cars games -- using Ninja Ripper on the PC versions of the games. If you want the model bad enough you'll go through the pain. :D

Eradicon
beginner

Post by Eradicon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 am

Teancum wrote:That's the only way you're going to be able to get a 3D model from any of the Cars games -- using Ninja Ripper on the PC versions of the games. If you want the model bad enough you'll go through the pain. :D
Need I remind you Cars Race-O-Rama never had a PC version.

Eradicon
beginner

Post by Eradicon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:49 am

Teancum wrote:That's the only way you're going to be able to get a 3D model from any of the Cars games -- using Ninja Ripper on the PC versions of the games. If you want the model bad enough you'll go through the pain. :D
Ok I did it your way, and it didn't work for me. At all. Period. I give up. If you can do it, be my guest.

Teancum
veteran

Post by Teancum » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:07 am

Eradicon wrote:
Need I remind you Cars Race-O-Rama never had a PC version.
True, but you mentioned the first game in your post above.
Eradicon wrote:
Ok I did it your way, and it didn't work for me. At all. Period. I give up. If you can do it, be my guest.
I have no intentions of doing it. I'm modding the games, but I don't need the 3D models.

Eradicon
beginner

Post by Eradicon » Mon May 06, 2013 9:08 pm

*realization* I did however ripped game models of the Wii version of the 1st Cars game not too long ago. Using Dolphin, and 3D Ripper DX.

Teancum
veteran

Post by Teancum » Mon May 06, 2013 11:26 pm

What exactly are you wanting to do? If you just want the models for use elsewhere then yeah, 3D Ripper or Ninja Ripper are the only ways to get the models. If you want to do game mods there are no tools for putting characters back in the game.

Eradicon
beginner

Post by Eradicon » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:43 am

Teancum wrote:What exactly are you wanting to do? If you just want the models for use elsewhere then yeah, 3D Ripper or Ninja Ripper are the only ways to get the models. If you want to do game mods there are no tools for putting characters back in the game.
That is not your concern. Let's just say i'm going this for friends.