Looking for coder(s) to help with a mod for FFVI

Coders and would-be coders alike, this is the place to talk about programming.
kvg1988
ultra-n00b

Looking for coder(s) to help with a mod for FFVI

Post by kvg1988 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:27 pm

Hey, I'm working on a mod for Final Fantasy VI that can be found here https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/? ... /index.php?

We've reached the limits of what we can do with the tools that have been released by Nyxo and we were hoping someone could help to expand these tools so that we can finish our mod.

Nyxo's tool FFVI_Explore allows people to edit all of the assets/music in the game except battle animations. We've finished redoing all of the sprites and found there were 3 specific Espers (summons in the game) that cannot be edited because their files are in a part that is locked from editing called the FLB Folder.

Nyxo doesn't have time available to finish the tools, but has given us access to a guide on how to potentially develop one. However, the project lead and I are not coders.

From what I can gather, FLB is a complex file type that is hard to reverse engineer, such that the files are easy to access but hard to put back into the game.

If anyone is interested you can contact me here or on Steam (kvg88) - even if someone could point me in the right direction, any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!