READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Question about QuickBMS commands

Coders and would-be coders alike, this is the place to talk about programming.
Troopermanaic
advanced

Question about QuickBMS commands

Post by Troopermanaic » Sun May 19, 2013 5:10 am

Hello im writing a batch script to make it easier for me to access bms scripts and I have a problem with 2 things.

1. I can take archives in a specific folder and output them in their own folders all in a "./OUTPUT" folder but I notice that if I have a archive in an "./INPUT" folder that is also in another folder, it will output into the root of the "./OUTPUT" folder. An example of what I have is

Code: Select all

"./quickbms.exe" -d -F "*.FILETYPE" "./SCRIPT.BMS" "./INPUT" "./OUTPUT"
All archives will output in their own folders "whatever the Archive name was" in the root of the "./OUTPUT" folder but wont recreate whatever folder they were in originally.

Another explanation using example above is, say I have a archive in the root of "./INPUT" folder and another archive in another folder inside "./INPUT" folder and want it to output to the "./OUTPUT" folder with the same folders and their names instead of all archives being decompressed to the root, how would I be able to do this? I basically want it to recreate folder names inside the "./OUTPUT" folder with wherever the archives are located in "./INPUT" folder.

2. I have a problem with multiple archive types being in the same folder, specifically; I have a BMS script that handles multiple file types under the same compression but I also have file types that aren't compressed the same in the same folder and it tries to access those files, when it does it errors out. Is there a way I can check the first 4 bytes of a file before the script accesses it to check if this file can be decompressed? I cant just specify the file type because there are some that are in the same folder that is compressed differently. If I were able to detect the first 4 bytes of a file before the script is called, I can skip files that aren't compatible.
EZ-BMS for when you want to work with non-programmers viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10499
If you like what I do then support my coffee addiction https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... 853S265MPW

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Re: Question about QuickBMS commands

Post by aluigi » Tue May 21, 2013 7:17 pm

1)
I guess you refer to a situation like having the archives folder\subfolder1\myarchive.arc and folder\subfolder2\myarchive.arc.
Currently quickbms creates an output folder based on the name of the archive, the next week I will check if it's possible to take also the subfolder.

2)
quickbms has only a check for the extension or multiple extensions -f "*.mp3,*.ogg,*.txt"
Maybe next week I can check if it's possible to add an option to avoid the termination of the tool if the script calls cleanexit or idstring fails, it seems a good option for batch processes.

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Tue May 21, 2013 11:56 pm

i noticed quickbms does not like to work on files in a folder with the .dat extension.

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Wed May 22, 2013 5:54 am

I have created a folder containing 2 files named asdf.dat and 00000000.dat and then I launched "quickbms script.bms that_folder" without having problems.

do you have a way to replicate that problem?

Troopermanaic
advanced

Post by Troopermanaic » Thu May 23, 2013 11:53 am

aluigi wrote:1)
I guess you refer to a situation like having the archives folder\subfolder1\myarchive.arc and folder\subfolder2\myarchive.arc.
Currently quickbms creates an output folder based on the name of the archive, the next week I will check if it's possible to take also the subfolder.

2)
quickbms has only a check for the extension or multiple extensions -f "*.mp3,*.ogg,*.txt"
Maybe next week I can check if it's possible to add an option to avoid the termination of the tool if the script calls cleanexit or idstring fails, it seems a good option for batch processes.
1. Exactly what I need, sounds good.
2. Also sounds like a good fix, one of the main problems I had is that I constantly re compress file types and put them in folders but sometimes I just want to decompress the entire folder without having to search for ones that are compressed, that sounds like it would fix my problem.
EZ-BMS for when you want to work with non-programmers viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10499
If you like what I do then support my coffee addiction https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... 853S265MPW

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Thu May 23, 2013 1:48 pm

I used this script

get magic long
get size asize
get name basename
if magic == 0x4F4D4123
string name + .amo
log name offset size
elseif magic == 0x4544D4123
string name + .amt
log name offset size
endif
on files with .dat using the -d -F command ant it said no files existed.
i renamed them to any other extension then ran the same command worked no problem.

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Fri May 24, 2013 4:15 pm

@chrrox
do you have the same problem if you use {} instead of * in your filter?

Troopermanaic
advanced

Post by Troopermanaic » Wed May 29, 2013 9:20 am

aluigi THANKS for the fix. "I checked out the update already". Its great. I just have 2 small requests for you that I think is missing from QuickBMS which I feel is a much needed feature. I think there should be a extra modifier for -d command that wont make folders for individual files. "Keep -d the way it is but maybe make something like "-d n" n standing for nofolder creation from file name.
-d works good for archives but I also want to decompress individual files that aren't archives and keep them in the same folder without making individual folders for them.

"example of this, Say I have a folder named whatever in the ./INPUT folder that has FILENAME.ARCHIVE, and FILENAME.FILE.
I want both files to be generated in whatever folder they were named in the ./INPUT folder. FILENAME.ARCHIVE is an archive so -d works flawless with it "ESPECIALLY after the last update" but FILENAME.FILE isn't an archive so if I use the -d command it will make a folder for the file BUT if I don't use -d that file will be generated to the root of the ./OUTPUT folder and not in the original folder in the ./INPUT folder which is confusing for large compressing and decompressing projects with lots of files and folders."

secondly Id like to see a command that can ignore specific file types and names, kinda like the way -F works but instead of it finding the file type you specify in the "*.*" field afterwards, the script just ignores it.

What im doing personally is that im working with batch scripts and im kinda fusing 2 different scripts in one that handles different file types with their own command lines. With the suggestions I stated above I would be able to make my QuickBMS based de-compiler(s) MUCH easier to use.

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:37 pm

cool idea the negative filter, I have just added it to quickbms 0.5.21a:

-f "!{}.txt" will extract all the files except the txt ones
-f "{}.mp*;!{}.mp3" all the mp* files (like mpg or mpeg) except the mp3 files

why I use {} instead of *?
because windows is so stupid that even if you place your filter string within quotes it continues to handle the wildcards inside so in case of problems use {} instead of any * char and everything will work correctly!

I have not fully understood what you mean with that alternative -d anyway I have added also the -D option that doesn't create the folder with the same name of the file, so just the same relative path.

Controller
ultra-n00b

Post by Controller » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:37 pm

I'd like to batch extract files to a subfolder each.
tried using the -d option, but fails (asks for output directory)

when manually specifying a directory, there's the problem it cannot be automatically created.
quickbms asks if the directory should be created (not so good for batching), and fails doing so.

If i create the directory manually, it works, but brings "Press RETURN to quit" and waits for input. :(

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:52 pm

try placing echo y in pipe before quickbms:

echo y | quickbms YOUR_OPTIONS

Controller
ultra-n00b

Post by Controller » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:53 am

echo y | ... works to confirm directory creating question. However, not supported by my batch tool. I'd appreciate adding an -y option or something alike.

The actual problem when creating directories is:
Instead of creating
D:\GameMusicRip\2013\TR2013\bigfile.000_unpack\default\pc-w\audio\streams\music\ziggurat\_01_chasmzig_120_v01
it creates subfolders relative to the current directory, and multiple times, e.g.
D:\DEV\Software\Tools\ctConvF\helpers\GameMusicRip\2013\TR2013\bigfile.000_unpack\default\pc-w\audio\streams\music\ziggurat\_01_chasmzig_120_v01\GameMusicRip\2013\TR2013\bigfile.000_unpack\default\pc-w\audio\streams\music\ziggurat
or
D:\GameMusicRip\2013\TR2013\bigfile.000_unpack\default\pc-w\audio\streams\music\ziggurat\GameMusicRip\2013\TR2013\bigfile.000_unpack\default\pc-w\audio\streams\music\ziggurat\_01_chasmzig_120_v01\GameMusicRip\2013\TR2013\bigfile.000_unpack\default
( current directory \ specified path \ specified path ... )
guess it simply repeats creating subfolders until limit is reached

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Do you have an example command to replicate the problem?

Here I have tried using -D with absolute and relative folders, from the input folder, from the output folder, using same input and output folder and so on but in my minimal tests I did there was nothing wrong.

I used just a simple script like the following for creating 2 files with different name:

get SIZE asize
get NAME basename
log NAME 0 SIZE
string NAME += ".blah"
log NAME 0 SIZE

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:53 pm

I guess I have found a problem that may be related to this, I'm checking it

Thief1987
advanced

Post by Thief1987 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:04 am

Hi. Simple question.
If i have filename in unicode, for example
and use this command

getdstring name 0x4c
log name blablabla

i get file with name 00000000.dat
What i need to do? Something i did not think :)