Help us keep the site up! Got some change to spare? Why not donate a few bits and buy us a coffee. Image

Space Channel 5 part 2 (PC) Movement

Coders and would-be coders alike, this is the place to talk about programming.
Hyonkers
ultra-n00b

Space Channel 5 part 2 (PC) Movement

Post by Hyonkers » Mon May 02, 2022 9:28 am

Hello! I'm trying to modify a Dreamcast game called Space Channel 5 (this is part 2 and the steam version) so that someone I know can make a kaizo mod, with modified input and timings.
I have gone through the files for the last 3 or so days to see if I could find anything. I have a few potential leads for files, but this might be something in the code itself, so I think this is a good place to ask. Does anyone know anything about the contents of the code of SC5? Is there a decompilation out there, or a way for me to do it myself? Thanks in advance!
(: beans :)

Hyonkers
ultra-n00b

Re: Space Channel 5 part 2 (PC) Movement

Post by Hyonkers » Wed May 04, 2022 11:10 pm

I have obtained a complete decompilation of the game, and it's written in C, apparently. Is there a tool out there to go through the hundreds of files and maybe see what things do what? There are also miscellaneous .DIS and .ASM files. I'm currently working on learning C# also, so is it possible to read C with any level of understanding if you know C?
(: beans :)