Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Make .dll file do nothing? (Ultimate Street Fighter IV)

Coders and would-be coders alike, this is the place to talk about programming.
RossRapper
ultra-n00b

Make .dll file do nothing? (Ultimate Street Fighter IV)

Post by RossRapper » Fri May 17, 2019 11:43 am

Good time of the day to everyone. I have a little problem with a .dll file...

The game is USFIV, and the thing is, with one of the updates CAPCOM added a cryptopp.dll, which makes modding all but impossible. It even blocks the changes I make with the Cheat Engine. The thing is outright frustrating.

I know there was at least one man who used a hacked crypropp.dll, and I've contacted him, but he, sadly, do not have the file anymore, and he said that he doesn't really rememeber how he made it. It looks like no one else ever had it: all info I was able to find about said file is in his words and it goes like this:

"In USF4 Capcom had actually added a cryptopp.dll file that verified every character’s data file and if the file didn’t match up exactly with the check list then it would hang during the load screen. Thankfully this was easily circumvented due to the simplicity of the file, but they showed interest in encryption and file verification to prevent gameplay modding."

I do not know how much of that simplicity is exactly in that file, but I was unable to do anything about it. If someone more experienced in this kind of stuff would be able to take a look at this .dll, I would be very thankful.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6had77jjz ... p.dll/file

RossRapper
ultra-n00b

Re: Make .dll file do nothing? (Ultimate Street Fighter IV)

Post by RossRapper » Sat May 18, 2019 10:20 pm

Got lucky and actually got the file I've needed. Its already hacked, so I can't provide any useful info on how to do it. I may actually post the file itself though, if I'll get the owner's permission, so everyone would be able to check the differences between the hacked one and the original themselves.