Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City PC Model Extractor

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
REfan
advanced

Post by REfan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:29 am

By Son of Persia
October 2012

Hi again dear friends :) .

Preface

This program helps you to extract Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City PC version models and export them in both OBJ/MTL and SMD formats.

Before talking more about it, I like to mention something that in my (not necessarily your's ofcourse) opinion is really impoertant and must be discussed once and for all. So, please be patient and listen to a short story about how and mainly WHY I started game file cracking. Yeah as you might already have guessed DEMAND was my main reason.

About three monthes ago, after PC version of Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City was released, I was nothing but an ultra noob in game file cracking and really loved to have all models and textures of this game. so, after dear chrrox did a great favour and released it's bms script, I finally could get my hands on the models BUT unfortunately without any textures and BONES!!!

So, I decided to apply the textures manually by myself in a 3d application and it worked thanks to chrrox. But one thing I certainly was unable to do was to apply the bones to get the rigged models - the main thing I needed to port the models to my other popular games.

Like many of you, I decided to ask the author to honor my request and if it's possible for him, do me another great favour and update his script so that it can rip the bones too. I did and repeated my requests more and more but as you might guess, the result was NULL. He simply told that is no more interested in this game and refused to add only ten lines of code(believe me, only ten lines. I know it now for sure) to his script inorder to answer my and so many others requests!!!!

After this happened I could not stop asking myself WHY?? Why shouldn't I be able to get what I want AND mainly why should I ask it from the others who simply don't (and won't) give a SHIT (to be polite, please read it RESPECT) to the other's requests???
This simple conclusion, FORCED me to move, study hard and start learning this interesting filed. So I recommend you all my dear friends to respect your dreams and FORCE them happen ONLY BY YOUR POWERFUL HANDS NOT THE OTHERS who don't even know you and do NOT care about your important requests.

At the end of this boring story, have a few words with dear game file crackers who might care :

PLEASE before you decide to work on extracting a given game file, first decide to do it to the END and FINISH your project NOT just leave it after extracting vertices and faces. BONES my friends are the main things that give life to the characters and resources you gratefully put your pricious time and extract to make the others happy.
So, please listen to the advice of your little ultra noob friend and extract the models with bones and full textures OR simply LEAVE IT OUT TO THE OTHERS THAT CARE AND CAN FINISH IT, without engaging yourself and wasting your pricious time pointless and useless.

Please forgive me for wasting your time but this was the story behind this tool that MUST be told and heared. Remember that my goal is not to blame, judge or bother the others(specially dear chrrox). Also forgive my awfull spelling. you know, I actually am not a native english speaker.

Let's get back to the tool I'm going to award to you my dear friends.

Program Usage

Open autorun.bet file included with the tool and replace the game installation path on your PC with "C:\Program Files\Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City" string in the file and save it. Your hardest job after doing this is to DOUBLE CLICK ON AUTORUN.BAT FILE.

Instead of using autorun.bat file, you can also create an empty batch(.bat) file yourself and add this script to it :

FOR %%a in (*.edgemodel) DO REORC_Model_Extractor.exe %%a "Game Installation Path"

You also can type the following script in commandline :

REORC_Model_Extractor <infile.edgemodel> <"REORC installation path on your PC">

for example : REORC_Model_Extractor adawong.edgemodel "C:\Program Files\REORC"

Please remember that using double quotations " " is necessary for game installation path Unless the white spaces in the path will be ignored and you'll get a model without bones and textures.

BUT if the game installation path on your PC does not contain any white spaces, this time you can simply add it to the above script without double quotations.

for example : REORC_Model_Extractor adawong.edgemodel C:\REORC

Important Notice

I used visual c++ 2005 on 32-bit win 7 to compile and build this tool. As a result, older OS like win xp and other 64-bit system may not be able to run this tool. So, if that happened please do not blame me. Instead try to run this tool on a 32-bit win 7 PC.

Credits

As I already mentioned, this tool is mainly based on the awsome bms script done by dear chrrox. I just updated his script by adding bones and texture support with some help from dear Codeman.
So, all the credits goes to these two dear guys.

Final Words

As one of my main rules for releasing a tool to public, this tool is throughly tested to work best and as flawlessly as possible. However, like other softwares it also is not guaranteed to work perfectly and may have some bugs I've never encountered before.
I'm asknig you to please do me this great favour and report any bugs you discovered and let me correct them in future updates(rarely possible considering my current timing constraints).

Download Link Here

Thank you so much for your attention and I hope you enjoy using my gift.

With best wishes...

Soroosh
Last edited by REfan on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrrox

Re: Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City PC Model Extractor

Post by chrrox » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:30 am

I don't understand you at all. If you don't like a script why download it?
If your request is important higher a programmer who wants to to do it for you.
Last time i checked no one here does this for money and it is a hobby so they can support whatever they want to in their free time.
Its people like you who make people not work on things because you feel it is your right to have every game model and everyone should do it for you.
You just said you used the script i made and codeman's work to make this program but you also said they should of never existed.
No one owes you or anyone else on here anything so you need to not demand anything from anyone who does thing in their free time for fun.

Kamillho
veteran

Post by Kamillho » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:43 am

I tested this on W7 32-bit and 64-bit. And doesn't work.

"Open autorun.bet file included with the tool and replace the game installation path on your PC with "C:\Program Files\Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City" string in the file and save it. Your hardest job after doing this is to DOUBLE CLICK ON AUTORUN.BAT FILE." I did this and I got the same error as using your RE0 extractor tool.

JayK
veteran

Post by JayK » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm sorry, it's nice that you made that script for the community and everything, but as for your story, really are you serious? You even mentioned to start with Chrrox released the original script, the fact that you couldn't be grateful for even that much is really displeasing to hear, and that you feel for some reason you were owed more from him? When people reverse things they never ask for praise, and there are a lot of forums over the internet where they share models that they have ripped using the tools from this site and don't credit the people that make it, and the guys here that reverse the stuff never complain about that, they do everything they do for no money, they don't have to do this stuff for others if they don't want to. You really should be grateful that Chrrox created the first script in the first place, it's good that you learnt from it and could continue with it from there, there really was no need for you to make such bitter remarks. Well, thanks for contributing to the community I guess.

shadowmoy
veteran

Post by shadowmoy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Kamillho wrote:I tested this on W7 32-bit and 64-bit. And doesn't work.

"Open autorun.bet file included with the tool and replace the game installation path on your PC with "C:\Program Files\Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City" string in the file and save it. Your hardest job after doing this is to DOUBLE CLICK ON AUTORUN.BAT FILE." I did this and I got the same error as using your RE0 extractor tool.
it is because he build the app in debugmode not release ....
_-=<(¯`·._.·[ CodeMan ]·._.·´¯)>=-_

Pepper
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Pepper » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:18 pm

rman2 wrote:I'm sorry, it's nice that you made that script for the community and everything, but as for your story, really are you serious? You even mentioned to start with Chrrox released the original script, the fact that you couldn't be grateful for even that much is really displeasing to hear, and that you feel for some reason you were owed more from him? When people reverse things they never ask for praise, and there are a lot of forums over the internet where they share models that they have ripped using the tools from this site and don't credit the people that make it, and the guys here that reverse the stuff never complain about that, they do everything they do for no money, they don't have to do this stuff for others if they don't want to. You really should be grateful that Chrrox created the first script in the first place, it's good that you learnt from it and could continue with it from there, there really was no need for you to make such bitter remarks. Well, thanks for contributing to the community I guess.
1000x Exactly. So many of us just use these guys as a resource without ever giving anything back. and it seems when it is given back, it's with snide remarks like this topic.

Kamillho
veteran

Post by Kamillho » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:01 pm

shadowmoy wrote:
Kamillho wrote:I tested this on W7 32-bit and 64-bit. And doesn't work.

it is because he build the app in debugmode not release ....
I dont understand... So...he relased files for extract models with game bones or not?

REfan
advanced

Post by REfan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:11 pm

I don't understand you at all. If you don't like a script why download it?
If your request is important higher a programmer who wants to to do it for you.
Last time i checked no one here does this for money and it is a hobby so they can support whatever they want to in their free time.
Its people like you who make people not work on things because you feel it is your right to have every game model and everyone should do it for you.
You just said you used the script i made and codeman's work to make this program but you also said they should of never existed.
No one owes you or anyone else on here anything so you need to not demand anything from anyone who does thing in their free time for fun.
Here is my point dude. If you want to make the others happy, PLEASE finish it NOT just leave it after ripping polygons FOR FUNNNNNNNNNN IN YOUR FREE TIMES!!!!
You can do whatever u like to do and I pesonally do not expect a line of code from u now that I can do anything I like BY MY HANDS but to others that are still noob and love to use scripts from guys like u, plz finish a job you start OR NEVER START IT. this point is also a good one in your real life dude.

Have fun :wink: .
Last edited by REfan on Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamillho
veteran

Post by Kamillho » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Not sure If you're older than me(me '93,you '84), cuz you wrote like totally troll

"Hey I made it, you not, I'm the best, look, look".

"PLEASE finish it NOT just leave it after ripping polygons FOR FUNNNNNNNNNN IN YOUR FREE TIMES!!!!"
You should say thanks for original tools.

"You can do whatever u like to do and I pesonally do not expect a line of code"
Who cares? RE ORC models are ugly.

"this point is also a good one in your real life dude." I think you need something diffrent than point in your life.

"Have fun"
Thanks.

REfan
advanced

Post by REfan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey would you plz stop puting your nose in others stuff.
that post was my response to what chrrox wrote.
Kamlliho, would u plz do me a favour and dissapear from the threads I start. plz do me this greate favour and forget about my tools. I'll be really gratefull if you do this for me.

Kamillho
veteran

Post by Kamillho » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:01 pm

I just wanted some help but I see that you're busy replying how wise you are. Nothing can beat how you started insulting me when I wrote about wrong extracted texuters from RE6.

Thread probably will be fast deleted so I wish good luck and think about that how you reply people because with attitude nobody will help you here.

REfan
advanced

Post by REfan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Kamillho wrote:I just wanted some help but I see that you're busy replying how wise you are. Nothing can beat how you started insulting me when I wrote about wrong extracted texuters from RE6.

Thread probably will be fast deleted so I wish good luck and think about that how you reply people because with attitude nobody will help you here.
At least I do not need your help. so plz stop crying you little girl :D .

Pepper
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Pepper » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:53 pm

REFan, I'd really consider how you're acting right now. Some one who does something for free in their spare time has NO requirement to satisfy anyone. Hell, I even donated to HCS when he was looking at Bad company 2 pc sound files as a measure of good will. He didn't figure out the format. But I'm not going to be an ass and ask for $50 back. No, I'm going to be happy I helped with the hosting of the site that month, and more importantly, I'm going to keep at it myself until I figure it out. When that happens I'm not going to share as a way to rub it in anyone's face, I'm going to share it to help others. And if people needed help with the tool I made, I would HELP THEM. instead of being a total ass.

REfan
advanced

Post by REfan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:03 pm

REFan, I'd really consider how you're acting right now. Some one who does something for free in their spare time has NO requirement to satisfy anyone. Hell, I even donated to HCS when he was looking at Bad company 2 pc sound files as a measure of good will. He didn't figure out the format. But I'm not going to be an ass and ask for $50 back. No, I'm going to be happy I helped with the hosting of the site that month, and more importantly, I'm going to keep at it myself until I figure it out. When that happens I'm not going to share as a way to rub it in anyone's face, I'm going to share it to help others. And if people needed help with the tool I made, I would HELP THEM. instead of being a total ass.
It really dissappoints me that understanding the sentence " Finish the job you start" is that hard for some guys here. Grow up and then come to talk here babies. ASS is your whole existance you dickhead.

Pepper
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by Pepper » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:15 pm

It really dissappoints me that understanding the sentence " Finish the job you start" is that hard for some guys here. Grow up and then come to talk here babies. ASS is your whole existance you dickhead.
Other people do not need to live by your own personal mantra. They can do whatever they want. you should still act reasonably and be happy with what you got, you want to expand it into a tool that does more? go ahead! you did? great job! Just don't treat everyone else like shit in the process.