READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Runaway - A Twist of Fate [Pendulo Studios]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
gyeben
n00b

Runaway - A Twist of Fate [Pendulo Studios]

Post by gyeben » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:05 pm

EDIT: removed all the illegal links. I really do feel like an ultra-noob for not reading the forum's rules. A demo version is legally available here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_54508.shtml

Hi!

I need some help in identifying and unpacking the archives of Runaway - A Twist of Fate.
EDIT: A demo can be downloaded from here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_54508.shtml

As far as I know - Pendulo Studios uses similar weird file names and archives in ALL of their games - but the latest ones (TNBT and Yesterday) files' have some differences compared to the Runaway series' files.

DATAAA.000: should be containing audio files - definetely all the speech
I could extract some of it with the help of a script posted by Axsis here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8647&hilit=Runaway , but the extracted files' overall size is smaller than the archive, and the script gives an error during the process, so it's not perfect. If we extract the file, we get 2 short wav files, a short mp3 file and a quite big (nearly 5 hours) wav file. They're are playable, but the last, big one's order is completely unfollowable.

RESOURCE.002, .003, .004, .005: I have generally no idea what do these files contain. They have pretty small sizes, so maybe the texts and dialogues of the game? Or some hard-to-follow internal scripts?

RESOURCE.S?? - these files mostly contain music and there are some tools already out there that can extract them: http://www.ctpax-x.ru/index.php?goto=fi ... 82&lang=en

RESOURCE.SP? : these might be audio files as well, but I'm not so sure. Need further investigation.

RESOURCE.A??, .B??, .C??, .D??, .E??, .F??, .H01: have no idea about the content of these files. Maybe graphics?

DATAV???.000 (all the files in the Datav directory): these are simple Bink video files. All we have to do is to rename them. The only problem is that they only contain the speeches, so they don't have all the sound effects and background music. (Maybe they're are stored in the .S?? or .SP? files)
Last edited by gyeben on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gh0stBlade

Re: Runaway - A Twist of Fate

Post by Gh0stBlade » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Well one script surely won't work, some of the files don't even look like they can be extracted.

Anyway this should unpack DATAAA.000 only.

Code: Select all

# Runaway - A Twist Of Fate
# DatAAAA.000
# By MrNightmareTM
# Version 0.1a

get FILES long

for i = 0 < FILES
get NAME basename
get OFFSET long
get SIZE long
get TYPE byte

string NAME += "."
string NAME += i
log NAME OFFSET SIZE

next i
Click the thanks button if I helped!

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Re: Runaway - A Twist of Fate

Post by Mr.Mouse » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:11 am

gyeben, why did you not read the game rules?

gyeben
n00b

Re: Runaway - A Twist of Fate [Pendulo Studios]

Post by gyeben » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:50 pm

I've just removed all the illegal links.
I feel like such a noob for not reading the rules...

goldenboy78
n00b

Post by goldenboy78 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:08 am

Anyone knows how to extract the fonts from the game executable?

Greets

ripper
ultra-n00b

Post by ripper » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:00 am

I'm apologize for my English. But i'll try help. Don't know Quick BMS or MultiEx Commander script syntax, so use general data types definitions.

RESOURCE.000 containts fonts.
Offsets:
0x054441CB
0x0667E584
0x06688BEF

Structure:
UINT32 - relative offset;
UINT8 - symbol padding from top;
UINT8 - symbol height;
UINT8 - symbol width;

Fonts Graphic data placed before tabels, some fonts 24-bit, some 8-bit. Just compare height*width first's symbol width relative offset of second.

Text in RESOURCE.003
Structure:
UINT32 - number of entities.
UINT32 x number of entities - unknown.
BYTE[401] - text entity.

Each entity XOR-ed by prev byte. First decode byte is entity order number (0, 1, 2 ...)

About RESOURCE files:
RESOURCE.000 and RESOURCE.002 - font for Hollywood Monster, RA1, RA2, RA3.
RESOURCE.003 - in-game text.
RESOURCE.004 - don't know. Different in each official localization, but all OK if change data only in RESOURCE.003
RESOURCE.005 - In RA3 contains program errors.

RESOURCE.[A-Z]XX - except SXX and SPX. Game scenes (background, mask, items, overlay scene images etc.)
RESOURCE.SXX - sound effects
RESOURCE.SPX - don't know.
Impossible is nothing.