Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Capcom's MT Framework (DR, RE5, DMC4, LP, MvC, DD, etc)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
michalss

Re: Capcom's MT Framework (DR, RE5, DMC4, LP, MvC, DD, etc)

Post by michalss » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Sectus wrote:New version of my tool: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ARCtool.rar

Use "-tex" to automatically convert TEX to TGA files. Use "-texRE5" or "-texRE6" to choose TEX format. This doesn't work with all TEX files though. And there's still no PC support.

HI can u also add DD please. Does repack function works as well pls? Reason why u it does not work on all TEX files is that some of them are double compressed. Dont ask me why, coz i dont know.
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:35 pm

I can't remember if I tested it much, but extracting DD textures should work if you use "-texRE6"

I haven't added a feature for converting TGA files back to TEX but I'm planning to.

michalss

Post by michalss » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Sectus wrote:I can't remember if I tested it much, but extracting DD textures should work if you use "-texRE6"

I haven't added a feature for converting TGA files back to TEX but I'm planning to.
Does not work on DD, if i use texRE6 nothing happen, if i use -tex application crashing.. Also wanna as you if u can use DDS format instead of TGA

Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:01 pm

My original plan was to use DDS as I thought the TEX format on xbox was pretty much DDS with a few minor changes, but from what I understand the format isn't compatible with normal DDS files. I saw a way to easily convert it to TGA so I think I'm just gonna keep to that. TGA works better as an intermediate format anyway.

I'll look into Dragon's Dogma. I thought that would be supported.

Edit: Can you give me an exact example how it crashed (which archive you used and the command line arguments used)? I tried to extract textures from a couple of achives, and it worked for me.

michalss

Post by michalss » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Sectus wrote:My original plan was to use DDS as I thought the TEX format on xbox was pretty much DDS with a few minor changes, but from what I understand the format isn't compatible with normal DDS files. I saw a way to easily convert it to TGA so I think I'm just gonna keep to that. TGA works better as an intermediate format anyway.

Edit: Can you give me an exact example how it crashed (which archive you used and the command line arguments used)? I tried to extract textures from a couple of achives, and it worked for me.

I was trying it on font files - ddfont_jpn_00_ID_HQ.tex in file bbs_rpg.arc. Cmd - arctool -x -texRE6 -dd -txt bbs_rpg.arc

Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:12 pm

michalss wrote:
Sectus wrote:My original plan was to use DDS as I thought the TEX format on xbox was pretty much DDS with a few minor changes, but from what I understand the format isn't compatible with normal DDS files. I saw a way to easily convert it to TGA so I think I'm just gonna keep to that. TGA works better as an intermediate format anyway.

I was trying it on font files - ddfont_jpn_00_ID_HQ.tex in file bbs_rpg.arc. Cmd - arctool -x -texRE6 -dd -txt bbs_rpg.arc
http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ARCtool.rar - Uploaded new version, it shouldn't crash on that archive anymore. The reason for the crash is it tried to convert a TEX file of an unknown variant. I'll have to do some research one of these days to understand the various TEX files the tool doesn't support right now.

Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:45 pm

New version: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ARCtool.rar

This one supports converting TGA files back to TEX. However, it does not work with all TEX types (it should safely ignore the ones it doesn't support), and there is some lossiness to the image data when converting back and forth. The TGA files must be the same resolution as the original ones.

Here's a quick example of it working. Mercedes' cape made invisible by adding a completely black alpha channel: http://h10.abload.de/img/2012-07-24_20-25-39wxq8b.jpg

It is still rather experimental, so if anyone encounters any crashes, let me know.

michalss

Post by michalss » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Sectus wrote:New version: http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ARCtool.rar

This one supports converting TGA files back to TEX. However, it does not work with all TEX types (it should safely ignore the ones it doesn't support), and there is some lossiness to the image data when converting back and forth. The TGA files must be the same resolution as the original ones.

Here's a quick example of it working. Mercedes' cape made invisible by adding a completely black alpha channel: http://h10.abload.de/img/2012-07-24_20-25-39wxq8b.jpg

It is still rather experimental, so if anyone encounters any crashes, let me know.
Greate gonna test it

carnage
beginner

Post by carnage » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Great tool Sectus.
But I came up with a big question if possible would like a solution.
When trying to extract the MsgResource.arc by CMD displays the message saying it can not open the file as shown in print.

But if you drag and drop the file on top of BAT it can usually perform the extraction, as shown in print.

Code: Select all

Xbox ARC detected.

Wrote C:\Users\tc2963\etc\message\mes_system_s.msg

Wrote C:\Users\tc2963\etc\message\mes_stage5_s.msg

Wrote C:\Users\tc2963\etc\message\mes_stage1_s.msg

Wrote C:\Users\tc2963\etc\message\mes_item_s.msg

Wrote C:\Users\tc2963\etc\message\mes_event_s.msg

Wrote C:\Users\tc2963\etc\message\mes_file_s.msg

Wrote C:\Users\tc2963\etc\message\mes_stage3_s.msg

Wrote C:\Users\tc2963\etc\message\mes_stage2_s.msg

Process complete.

Extracted 8 files. 8 were compressed and 0 uncompressed.
Why with the command line it can not extract the file, and another thing to try reinserting the MSG has shown the error print.

One could add the tool to extract the extension MSG texts of the game?

Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:50 pm

carnage wrote:Great tool Sectus.
But I came up with a big question if possible would like a solution.
When trying to extract the MsgResource.arc by CMD displays the message saying it can not open the file as shown in print.

But if you drag and drop the file on top of BAT it can usually perform the extraction, as shown in print.

Why with the command line it can not extract the file, and another thing to try reinserting the MSG has shown the error print.

One could add the tool to extract the extension MSG texts of the game?
I think typos are the cause of both errors. The archive is called "MsgResource_s.arc". In the first picture you forgot the "_s" part and in the last picture you misspelled "Resource" and forgot "_s". Also, when repacking, you shouldn't add the ".arc" part. It should be the name of the directory it creates the archive from. In this case, it would be "MsgResource_s"

By the way, when writing in command prompt, you can press the tab key to auto complete file and directory names.

For instance, if you type:

arctool -c -re5 msg
And then press tab, it'll automatically complete msg for you (you can press tab multiple times to cycle through files and directories:

arctool -c -re5 MsgResource_s

chrrox

Post by chrrox » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:55 am

can you show an example of using the hash to verify the correct file extension.
I can see the unknown extensions in the xex file for re6 but I can not figure out how to use the hash function to verify what one goes where. Thanks.

Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:07 pm

http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ARCtool.rar - New version of the tool.

Used "-gmd" to automatically convert gmd files to text. However, it doesn't work with all of them (and right now it only works with Dragon's Dogma files). There's 2 types of GMD files. Those which only has text (they are converted properly), and those which have 3 arrays of data: some kind of values, variable names and then the text.

I'm trying to determine how the value array works. There's one value in the header which is probably related which I can't figure out how it works. There's num values and num lines (which corresponds with the amount of text and variable names), but there's "unknown4" which I don't know. Once I figure this out, I'll add support for converting the txt files back to gmd.

michalss

Post by michalss » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Sectus wrote:http://www.tzarsectus.com/tools/ARCtool.rar - New version of the tool.

Used "-gmd" to automatically convert gmd files to text. However, it doesn't work with all of them (and right now it only works with Dragon's Dogma files). There's 2 types of GMD files. Those which only has text (they are converted properly), and those which have 3 arrays of data: some kind of values, variable names and then the text.

I'm trying to determine how the value array works. There's one value in the header which is probably related which I can't figure out how it works. There's num values and num lines (which corresponds with the amount of text and variable names), but there's "unknown4" which I don't know. Once I figure this out, I'll add support for converting the txt files back to gmd.

That is imazing mate :D - does it also do repack of gmd files. I already have a tool for both gmd types :) But geat work anyway....

EDIT: I would 100% need something for RE6. BTW RE5 is done already :D

carnage
beginner

Post by carnage » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Sectus wrote: I think typos are the cause of both errors. The archive is called "MsgResource_s.arc". In the first picture you forgot the "_s" part and in the last picture you misspelled "Resource" and forgot "_s". Also, when repacking, you shouldn't add the ".arc" part. It should be the name of the directory it creates the archive from. In this case, it would be "MsgResource_s"
I'm sorry it was my lack of attention, I swear it went unnoticed.
Sectus I have the source code of a dump of MSG but it only works in the PC version.
If you want to find interesting or if I can provide the script for you to add to your tool, so others can make the translation of games in your language.

Sectus
veteran

Post by Sectus » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:25 pm

carnage wrote:
Sectus wrote: I think typos are the cause of both errors. The archive is called "MsgResource_s.arc". In the first picture you forgot the "_s" part and in the last picture you misspelled "Resource" and forgot "_s". Also, when repacking, you shouldn't add the ".arc" part. It should be the name of the directory it creates the archive from. In this case, it would be "MsgResource_s"
I'm sorry it was my lack of attention, I swear it went unnoticed.
Sectus I have the source code of a dump of MSG but it only works in the PC version.
If you want to find interesting or if I can provide the script for you to add to your tool, so others can make the translation of games in your language.
You can feel free to send it, although I'm not sure if I'll add support for it.