Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Gas Guzzlers Combat Carnage (.fsb)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
gansuk
Banned

Gas Guzzlers Combat Carnage (.fsb)

Post by gansuk » Sun May 20, 2012 5:26 pm

hi has anyone figured out the password for the 2 .fsb files yet?

Effects.fsb is 211mb
Music.fsb is 337mb

if anyone can manage to get the password that be a great help thanks

heres the Effects.fsb file for you to try

* snip *
Last edited by Mr.Mouse on Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Rules violation - User banned

AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Re: Gas Guzzlers Combat Carnage (.fsb)

Post by AlphaTwentyThree » Mon May 21, 2012 7:09 pm

Here's a screenshot from the start of one of the fsb files:
Is this an encryption or some xor?
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Tue May 22, 2012 3:50 pm

released the new fsbext tool supporting FSB5:
http://aluigi.org/papers.htm#fsbext

the password for that fsb archive is:
C5FA83EA64B34EC2BFE

kamuline
n00b

Post by kamuline » Tue May 22, 2012 5:38 pm

This is ridiculous. This was his second post and you ban him.

If i register to a forum my first thing is to post my comment not read the f...ing rules.

Make a warn system, not ban. Nice welcome on this forum lol.

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Tue May 22, 2012 8:13 pm

I agree, I have noticed this senseless banning terror just today and I don't understand it.

at this point why not just killing physically the people who violate the "rules"?
oh well probably this will be the next step :)

seriously if someone has links to new (serious!) forums where doing formats reversing they are welcome.

at the moment I'm not much interested in doing new formats reversing but considering that this forum is dead (I mean about this matter) I want to be ready when the desire will return.

michalss

Post by michalss » Tue May 22, 2012 8:18 pm

aluigi wrote:I agree, I have noticed this senseless banning terror just today and I don't understand it.

at this point why not just killing physically the people who violate the "rules"?
oh well probably this will be the next step :)

seriously if someone has links to new (serious!) forums where doing formats reversing they are welcome.

at the moment I'm not much interested in doing new formats reversing but considering that this forum is dead (I mean about this matter) I want to be ready when the desire will return.

Unfurtunately have to agree. I think sometimes some rules are too much.
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC » Tue May 22, 2012 8:35 pm

I agree also. This new rule about posting game files is just too much. Instead we can only post small samples which in some cases DON"T HELP with the reversing.

Captain
Site Admin

Post by Captain » Tue May 22, 2012 10:08 pm

We don't want copyrighted files on this forum. Deal with it offsite.

Mr.Mouse
Site Admin

Post by Mr.Mouse » Tue May 22, 2012 10:18 pm

As Craptain said. We have announced the new rules, because the previous rules were not enough to protect us from harm (cfr: Google withdrawing adds for copyright violation). We have also announced that we would start banning people if they would not abide to the new rules. We have also waited more than a month to start enforcing them with more vigour, to give people ample time to adjust their practice. And even then we have announced the banning would start soon. There has been enough warning.

There are threads like this one: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8934 that have proven the new rules need not at all limit what we are doing here: researching game files, modding games for fun. Look around and you will see that it works.

Refrain from uploading or linking to copyrighted material in public is all we ask.

kamuline, I'm sorry you got banned, and if you do not wish to read the rules before you post, then what can I say. They state ban is immediate. You were not banned completely, as you are back. Consider it a warning.

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Wed May 23, 2012 1:03 pm

come on, you can't use that thread for comparison.
there you have a silly file format that needs some lines of bms script and about 30 seconds of time...
compare it with something that requires "real" reversing skills and the full archive or at least its big beginning/end.

then I have seen you have removed even links to partial cut files that can't be considered fully copyrighted material just like it's possible to listen the previews of commercial music.
if you follow this philosophy means that even posting an image of a hex editor of such "copyrighted material" must lead to a ban because you are displaying parts of copyrighted stuff.

although the new rules started from one month it's hard to think that something that is used to do from years (and I talk about LOT of years considering that I'm here from 2005 and I started QuickBMS in April 2009) suddenly finishes in one month with a direct banning of anyone who simply posts a link.

the copyrighted material was "copyrighted" in 2005 like it's now and about the Adsense issue, I would like to know if there was a difference in your incomes in the period of time between 2009 and 2011 compared with the pre-2009 one.
I have followed this forum daily in all this time and I can claim without doubts to have been the most active person here so I know perfectly that the traffic/visits (at least in the "Game Archive Research section) increased a lot in the last years with positive effects on the advertising incomes and the general rank.

Mr.Mouse, in my opinion you should just close the whole "Game Archive Research" section of the forum because you can't do file format reversing without having the game file/archive and consequently the description of this section must be removed because it breaks the rules:

Code: Select all

Don't know how to open a certain game resource archive? Post it here, and let all of us take a look at it! We may be able to help you out!
we can't look at the archive of that user so this section can't exist at all.

anyway I'm "polemic mode" at the moment so take it easy :)

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Wed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm

P.S.:
another thing I was forgiving.
changing the rules probably will allow you to have the Adsense account back (I guess this is the reason of all this terror) but what's the point of having the banners if you lose almost all the users?

every sub-section of "Game File Research" need files to work on (yes models, sounds, music, archives, images... all the sub-sections are affected) so it's obvious that all these sections can't live.

so what else remains?

the "General" section?
there is no content

"MultiEx Commander"?
does it still exist???
that section is dead.

"Tools & Programs"?
external tools and programs written by other people that can be found with google.
the only exception is just Noesis, and I don't know if the new rules will affect it too.

I'm just making some logical considerations, it's not an "attack".
this is the situation I'm seeing, am I wrong?

Savage
VIP member
VIP member

Post by Savage » Wed May 23, 2012 3:14 pm

This is ridiculous. This was his second post and you ban him.
This guy is a ripper (member of a team) and shares all his rips in thepiratebay, is not scene but closed, so..

Anyway @alugi any idea about celt codec in fsb?

aluigi
VVIP member
VVIP member

Post by aluigi » Wed May 23, 2012 3:18 pm

the celt codec should be supported by its own tools or some programs that support such codec.
I don't remember much because it's something I tested many months ago and the only thing I noticed was that the files were raw headerless.
that's the max I know.

AlphaTwentyThree
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by AlphaTwentyThree » Wed May 23, 2012 7:50 pm

I really have to agree to Luigi.
I was on both sides of the scene for quite some time - requesting help and helping others. Since the new rules, EVERYTHING has stopped for me: I don't help others anymore because there aren't any sample files and I'd have to request them from the user. That really feels like begging to help them. To be honest, I don't feel like it, it's just too much of a fuzz. So what else do I do? I also don't ask for help anymore because I know how it feels now to post.
So, my research has completely moved to private. I don't want to contribute here anymore because it simply takes several times the effort to help somebody.
In addition it is COMPLETE NONSENSE to remove WHOLE POSTS because of just one link to a copyrighted file. That simply destroys ALL information that was once there, even if it's important. Whole topics simply become obsolete with this plain exercise of (admin) power. These rules have just be decided by very few persons - NO user here was asked. Yes, the linking to sample files may be illegal but what will effectively happen? If someone will shut down the forum (what I don't really believe will happen) it's the exact same outcome that the new rules have right now: The community here will sooner or later die. Face it.

I don't understand why the rules are so vital for the future of the forum.

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT COULD EFFECTIVELY HAPPEN IF THE OLD RULES WOULD STILL APPLY!!!

XeNTaX was once my favourite resource for format research. At the moment, it's not anymore. :(
If you like what you see, why not click the little Thank You button? ;) It will definitely motivate me! :)
And here's Mr.Mouse's Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 8469022795 - thanks ;)

MrAdults

Post by MrAdults » Wed May 23, 2012 8:25 pm

I think some of you are overlooking the fact that this change is an inevitable necessity, especially because of where Xentax is hosted and where most of us are located. This is the only way to avoid the eventual destruction of Xentax. It's better to adapt now while we still have headroom to do so, and find new ways to act as a meaningful community.

The most meaningful aspect of this community has always been the actual act of reversing file formats. It hasn't been about actual exchange of data, that has merely been a convenient means to an end. There are other ways. Why not discuss those other ways, rather than saying "we can't share copyrighted data anymore, therefore Xentax is dead" and pointlessly throwing your arms up in the air? And we can certainly be more open about reversing those "complicated" file formats than we have been. Usually someone posts sample files, then everyone else privately looks at the format, there's little to no open collaboration, and then someone just pops up and posts a program/script. Why not also take this opportunity to be more open with each other about collaborating on new file formats? In this way, we'd also establish new friendships and private social circles wherein people can do whatever the hell they like for exchanging file data.