READ THE RULES: Click here

Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/xentax/ :)

Need For Speed: The Run [.SB & .TOC]

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
MMWsmokey
beginner

Re: Need For Speed: The Run [.SB & .TOC]

Post by MMWsmokey » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:55 pm

white00gt wrote:Maybe if someone is close to arushan or oleg we can enlist their help in making an importer to zmodeler and 3ds max wish I knew what the hell I was looking at I used the scripts and just get a bunch of vehicle blueprint bundle files which I would imagine is where the meshes are for the car models
Oleg did look into the bundle files, but as mentioned earlier they are of no use as they are, think of it like a packed format that we cant unpack just yet

so unless someone figures those bundle files out, oleg wont be able to make an importer (related: http://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5434)

white00gt
ultra-n00b

Post by white00gt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:07 am

Has anyone been able to just rip any cars out of the game with 3dx or any other program?

REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:43 am

white00gt, 3DRipperDX does not work with DirectX 11 games. The RUN itself uses DirectX 11 because of it's new engine, the Frosbite 2.0 by DICE. A modder of GTA IV once uploaded his Lamborghini Aventador mod to GTAInside. In the description, he says that he ripped it from Need For Speed The Run Limited Edition. But then after few days, i checked back and the car was gone from the Lamborghini section of GTA IV Cars at GTAInside. This could probably be a fake. But i already downloaded the car before it was gone from the list. The Aventadors which exist as mods for games now was from Forza Motorsport 4 as the LOD0 model with insane polygon (or triangle) count.

So, to sum it all up...
3DRipperDX does not work with The RUN or other DirectX 11 games. It only works for DirectX 6, 8, 9 games.

sarzamin
beginner

Post by sarzamin » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:17 am

Any news?

Hamidvip
beginner

Post by Hamidvip » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:53 am

I would like to see texture in game. who can help me.

Axsis
advanced

Post by Axsis » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 am

Working on bundle unpacking. Still in progress - this format is pretty complicated. And there is some encrypted data in bundle header, that, I believe, may be very useful.
Textures in bundles are without headers, so I manually added them. First 2 are from Lambo Aventador, last one is from UI.
Image Image Image

Hamidvip
beginner

Post by Hamidvip » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:50 pm

What is did you add the command line?
Which file you worked on?

REDZOEU
veteran

Post by REDZOEU » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:18 pm

Axsis, a very nice work you did there!
I'm hoping to see car's 3D Model with their textures :D
Good luck in the progress mate :)

OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:45 pm

Is there are a way to extract the sounds/Music assets like the ones that are titled: MX_ ect. and how to they connect to the ChunksAudio bank. Would you have to match them up with the Chunk ID and offset?

EDIT: just tried to extract the data from the 360 level files but it doesn't work. maybe encrypted.

EDIT. nvm works now. :D

still weirded out about the sound data.

Axsis
advanced

Post by Axsis » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:25 am

bundles can contain 3 types of data. one of them - chunked data (lets call it type3), like in superbundles (.sb) without names, only with IDs, and contain raw data, even without headers (textures for example). all info about this chunks are stored in type1 files, which are usually small. for now i can unpack bundles, with proper names for first 2 types of data, but can't match type3 chunk files with type1 info files even within single bundle :(
Last edited by Axsis on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:44 am

Hmm I see, thanks for the info and will be watching for further progress. Thanks so much for all the research. :D

nitoiviorel
beginner

Post by nitoiviorel » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:33 pm

so axsis u have ben made to extract music from .SB file?If yes,how u do that?

OrangeC
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by OrangeC » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:16 pm

All sounds/music are in chunksAudio. Extraction is no problem with the script but the PC version uses a new variant of EA ADPCM so conversion is not possible, Also the music is splitted up into individual segments which are out of order so without the proper filenames combining those is almost impossible because the nams contain the proper marker order. On the xbox360 version the music uses packed EA XMA audio which you can demux with ea_multi_xma.

I have converted the music thus far but like i said i cannot determine an order to combine the dynamic segments since there is no names.

StillDre
n00b

Post by StillDre » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi, i'm new here and i was wondering if i can extract 3d models from NFS HP or/and NFS THE RUN?
I know that i can use 3d ripper ( max plugin ) but it's hard to recreate something like an whole game map for GTA IV.
Something like noesis would be nice though, i have allready been extracting RDR and FM3 models from xbox.

Thx anyway, i hope someone got answers on that.. :)

RaduCristian
ultra-n00b

Post by RaduCristian » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:50 pm

if you look on the left side.. it writes all the parts that a LOD could include.. could be this relevant?
and another few pics you can find them here(http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011/11 ... d-run.aspx)... it shows some part names... might be usefull